Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
SSCamaro83

Drives: Cyber Gray Camaro SS
Exhaust help!!

I'm new to the site and I need a little help with my exhaust.

Car history: bone stock when I bought it. I put on AR headers, AR full exhaust minus the mufflers(off buddies car the mufflers were damaged and he gave me the X pipe, and hi flow cats), Rotofab CAI, and tune. It's an automatic.

I liked the way it sounded at first with stock mufflers especially since there was no drone, but now I'm wanting more sound at cruising. I'm trying to find mufflers or an axel back that will give more sound than stock mufflers and limit the amount of drone inside the car. I know this topic has been covered and I sifted through some and decided to just start a new thread.

Any help would be appreciated.
SSCamaro83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
brettsimons

Drives: 2011 Automatic Camaro 2SS
I don't have them myself but I've been tempted to try the Dynomax VT muffler! It's supposed to have no drone since it has a special valve that increases sound when stepping on it while increasing muffling when cruising but I'm not sure how much louder it is over stock.
brettsimons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
SSCamaro83

Thanks for the input, I have been looking at that exhaust but can't make a decision. It has to be louder than the 5 gallon drums that's on it now.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
So you sifted through the other threads and didn't find anything or just wanted to start yet another exhaust thread?

We have a sticky that has multiple exhaust clips in it. Have you looked there too?
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
So you sifted through the other threads and didn't find anything or just wanted to start yet another exhaust thread?

We have a sticky that has multiple exhaust clips in it. Have you looked there too?
be careful you evil search nazi...how dare you think that, you might get swatted like I did on the one before....he even stated that he doesnt post often so its alright......

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...77#post6069377
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
axis
Search Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
be careful you evil search nazi...how dare you think that, you might get swatted like I did on the one before....he even stated that he doesnt post often so its alright......

HAHA, they haven't caught me yet.

Isn't searching before posting on a new site considered proper forum etiquette? Obviously not on this one.
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)

Old 01-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Quote:

Hahahaha. I consoled him he was very upset. I think he is still posting things about you.
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #8
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchlgrrsn View Post
Hahahaha. I consoled him he was very upset. I think he is still posting things about you.
oh well, I had my say, Im done with it, if he wants to clutter up his thread with witty come backs thats his deal... Its not like I care what anonymous forum members think of me
Old 01-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #9
SSCamaro83

I have an idea don't high jack a thread. If u don't like the thread stay out of it. It took me this long to post because I knew there were people like you that would rather attach a member instead of helping. Thanks for reinforcing my theory.

I've looked through tons of posts and listened to A LOT of clips but my questions have not been answered. I know changing the stock muffler will make it louder because the mufflers are less restrictive but when I searched drone most were about j pipes. I'm looking for someone with my set up and can answer my questions. I had a g8 and it took j pipes to stop the drone but I don't want to go that route.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #10
Rhyder

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...+muffler+drone
Old 01-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #11
axis
Search Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaro83 View Post
I have an idea don't high jack a thread. If u don't like the thread stay out of it. It took me this long to post because I knew there were people like you that would rather attach a member instead of helping. Thanks for reinforcing my theory.

I've looked through tons of posts and listened to A LOT of clips but my questions have not been answered. I know changing the stock muffler will make it louder because the mufflers are less restrictive but when I searched drone most were about j pipes. I'm looking for someone with my set up and can answer my questions. I had a g8 and it took j pipes to stop the drone but I don't want to go that route.
If this was directed at me, where did I attack you? I just asked if you had a particular question or if you just wanted to add to the 10 billion exhaust threads. You did post that you looked and decided to just make another thread. I also told you another place to look, if you didn't find it before. That's more help than I usually give for such a redundant question.

Now, i'm not postive but i'd bet the G8 forum has as many, if not more, exhaust threads and pretty much all of the say the same thing. There are mufflers that are known to drone and others that don't. J pipes are for people that like their exhaust but are tired of the drone. If you searched properly, you should have come up with the few mufflers that are known NOT to drone. If you found the ones that you might like, do a search to see if they indeed don't drone.
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)

Old 01-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #12
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Quote:
Thanks ..... now I don't have to start a new thread ... Which I was just getting ready to do
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #13
SSCamaro83

I appreciate the link but i have seen that one. My car is tuned so no AFM. I'm sorry for posting a redundant thread axis but with my G8 I tried multiple exhausts and lots of money and even with no drone exhaust there was still drone with a very little sound increase. The only thing that worked was j pipes.

I'm sorry for the thread clutter but I did ask a question! What exhaust can I add with the least amount of drone? The threads I've looked through doesn't answer the drone question. Theres A lot of clips that sound good but no answers. Does AFM cause all the drone? do 6m's not have drone?

My thread was posted to people with a similar set up that could answer my drone questions.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #14
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCamaro83 View Post
I'm new to the site and I need a little help with my exhaust.

Car history: bone stock when I bought it. I put on AR headers, AR full exhaust minus the mufflers(off buddies car the mufflers were damaged and he gave me the X pipe, and hi flow cats), Rotofab CAI, and tune. It's an automatic.

I liked the way it sounded at first with stock mufflers especially since there was no drone, but now I'm wanting more sound at cruising. I'm trying to find mufflers or an axel back that will give more sound than stock mufflers and limit the amount of drone inside the car. I know this topic has been covered and I sifted through some and decided to just start a new thread.

Any help would be appreciated.
Having the ARH system already really only leaves you with axlebacks to choose from. The Solo axleback is great but it's designed to work with the factory mid-pipe and without the factory resonators they get pretty loud (no mufflers). I think your best option might be an ARH axleback, they sound wicked and won't drone even with long tube headers. They are clearly high quality and it would give you a nice complete ARH system.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote