Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida

Old 03-05-2018, 01:04 AM   #29
ticowarbird
BOHIC

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS "Enola"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NABeastRR View Post
As I stated before I have used Jeremy @ Faterproms but has anyone heard of or used next level performance near the Orlando area? I need a shop that can tune and also do some work if need be. Jeremy also informed me he just moved to Georgia but will still be here in FL here and there. So it would be nice to have someone maybe a little more convenient.
I've used Next level for a cam/heads install and a couple tunes. He tunes a little on the conservative side IMO, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Could also recommend Redline as they just did my transmission swap and I'll let you know how Titan Motorsports does when they do some fuel bits and tuning for me. Feel free to PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:55 PM   #30
WheelMan69

Drives: 2015 SS/A6
Kraftworks / Excell Jay Healy knows our cars and great tuner!

*VMAX Throttle Body
*Speed-Engineering Headers / No Cats
*Catted Magnaflow X-Pipe
*BMR Toe Rods
*BMR Xtreme Ant-Roll Kit
*BMR Trailing Arms
*CAI Cold Air Intake
*TUNED BY JAY @ KRAFTSWORKS EXCELL
WheelMan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:04 AM   #31
JenX275

Drives: C6 Corvette/ C5 Z06/ 6th Gen Camaro
Cal Hartline just tuned a customers car and he is super happy with it. He is in Melbourne.
JenX275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 07:37 AM   #32
csorrentini

Drives: 2010 Orange 2SS/RS
Reviving an old thread I know but just wanted some thoughts if possible. I had the full GPI max kit installed and needed a tune so I scheduled with Redline. However, he pushed it back a week and then pushed a little further so I had to cancel with him and find someone else close. I ended up going to Palm Beach Dyno as it is super close but they are mostly mustang tuners. The car made 520WHP but they have had to do some modifications on the tune due to driving issues and surge and overall I feel that the tune didn't go as smooth as it should. Should I take it to a different Chevy tuner that has been mentioned in this thread or keep having them fiddle with it until it is great?
csorrentini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:08 AM   #33
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
scorrentini if I were you, I'd keep taking it back until they get it right. You paid them for a correct tune you should get a correct tune. However, if you get fed up and want to be done, I'll always recommend Jeremy Formato of Fasterproms. Top notch tuner and top notch person in general.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:30 PM   #34
azulia

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by csorrentini View Post
Reviving an old thread I know but just wanted some thoughts if possible. I had the full GPI max kit installed and needed a tune so I scheduled with Redline. However, he pushed it back a week and then pushed a little further so I had to cancel with him and find someone else close. I ended up going to Palm Beach Dyno as it is super close but they are mostly mustang tuners. The car made 520WHP but they have had to do some modifications on the tune due to driving issues and surge and overall I feel that the tune didn't go as smooth as it should. Should I take it to a different Chevy tuner that has been mentioned in this thread or keep having them fiddle with it until it is great?

I went to Lashway in Oakland Park for header install, a tune, and then Dyno. Been happy with it.
azulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:36 AM   #35
ABM Camaro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I'll always recommend Jeremy Formato of Fasterproms. Top notch tuner and top notch person in general.
Did you every use him? Because locally guys had been staying away from him. Hes been calling around shops looking for work.
ABM Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:25 PM   #36
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM Camaro View Post
Did you every use him? Because locally guys had been staying away from him. Hes been calling around shops looking for work.
He originally tuned my car in PA on one of his trips up. If he would make trips to St. Louis I'd use him again in a heartbeat. Kind, fair priced, and knows what the hell he's doing. He will take the time to explain what he's doing and why, which is what I find important because I like to learn. My car was a blast to drive after his tuning. I have a different tune on it now because I had a cam installed over the winter and the shop I had it done at has their own tuner local. I wanted to get my cam when I was in PA because I wanted him to tune it again, but maybe one day if I ever get a chance to go to LS Fest or Camarofest I can have him tune it again because my tune is good, but I'm not as happy with the trans tune as I was with his. Don't get me wrong, my current tune is good for anyone who is in STL area and reads this, I just preferred Jeremy's.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:58 PM   #37
ABM Camaro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Camaro
Guys in Florida say his tunes are to balls to the wall which creates failures in the engine and or transmission. I stayed away from him because guys at car shows say he tries to hit high dyno numbers for advertising and takes out to much safety in the tune.

That wasnt for me.
ABM Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:41 PM   #38
pyroguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM Camaro View Post
Guys in Florida say his tunes are to balls to the wall which creates failures in the engine and or transmission. I stayed away from him because guys at car shows say he tries to hit high dyno numbers for advertising and takes out to much safety in the tune.

That wasnt for me.
While tuning my car he pushed to the edge to find the edge, but then backed off of it to a safe and reliable level. I don't know anyone here who wouldn't want the most out of their mods and car, but Jeremy never left it dangerous or on the ragged edge. At the time he tuned my car I had a Roto-fab intake, Bo White ported throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8" headers with high flow cats, and a Solo Mach XL catback with NGK TR6 plugs. I made 365rwhp 390rwtq on a L99 car which is right in line with what a 2010 Camaro SS L99 with those mods should be making. Now on a more extreme build maybe he pushes it further, but again, who wouldn't want the most out of their car and mods? I think his credentials speak for themselves though. He owned/built the fastest ATS-V, tuned more than one of the top 10 CTS-V's including #2 and #7, was the first in the 9's with a bolt on C7 Z06 and running a manual transmission to do it, he tuned Leroy the first manual GM vehicle in the 7's, and more.

Tags
bolton cam camaro, dyno tune, florida, heads cam 6.2 irs, tuner