Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-27-2018, 12:19 PM   #1
baja216

Drives: 2014 2LS
Annoying Buzzing Noise!

Hey everyone, quick question. I recently upgraded the sound system in my 2014 2LS.

I've kept my non boston acoustic head unit
I installed a Metra AX-DSP sound processor,
a JBL GTR-104 amp for the front and rear speakers,
new JBL front and rear speakers,
a JL Stealthbox being fed from a Kicker 43CXA 1800.1 amp.

I'm getting a slight buzzing noise that I've tracked down to my daytime running lights being on. No buzz as the car runs in park. As soon as I put the car in gear the buzzing starts.

I noticed yesterday as I pull into the garage, the stereo is making that buzzing sound, as soon as my head lights turned on the sound went away. I verified that again to be sure.

I'm running the stock boring 2LS head lights with no upgraded LED or HID light bulbs.

I've searched all over and found a few articles on how aftermarket head lights could cause this issue but I don't have upgraded lights.

I've been told change to a different ground but the DSP gets its ground directly from the radio harness.

I can also bluetooth stream directly from my phone to my amp and there is no noise what so ever, in or out of gear, headlights or no head lights.

That leads me to believe the power to the amp is good, and the noise is coming from the DSP.

As we know, the power\battery is in the trunk and I'm getting my power directly off of the battery.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Baja216.
baja216 is offline   Reply With Quote