Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-12-2018, 09:41 AM   #1
Hootch

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS
Windshield washer not working correctly

I installed the roto-fab CAI and windshield washer reservoir relocation kit a while back and recently, when I went to use my washer fluid, I could hear the motor humming but nothing was coming out (I ran it for a while in case the hoses were empty). I assumed a clog in the line. Pulled the line apart at the middle connector near the back of the engine bay and blew through it to the outlets and no clog. Then ran the motor and it sprayed all over the garage out of the other end. Plugged the hoses back together and it worked fine. I did notice that the passenger side outlet dripped fluid for a bit after I stopped running the washer. Haven't needed to use it since then (few weeks ago), then today on my way to work, same thing. Motor works but no fluid comes out. I disconnected the hoses and ran the motor and no clogs and it is working again just like before. I can’t see any leaks in the hoses/tank and I am not losing any fluid. It almost seems like there is a vacuum issue and disconnecting the hoses relieves it but not sure that is possible.

Thanks for any ideas you may have.
Hootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:18 AM   #2
rvnmaniac

Drives: 2012 M6 ZL1. 2019 Altima.07 FJR1300
Had the same issue for me it was this:

Found where the hose was crimped on my windshield washer line so it is working now. It was where the CAI Tray had smashed it down. Thought i was gonna have to cut it and plug the line together. Used my fingers (i'm good at that) and was able to get the hose to reform to it's normal state..
Old 09-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #3
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
I have this same issue and have yet to find a fix for it. I guess the next step would be to call Roto-fab on it to see what they say. Let us know if you find anything.
Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #4
Metalxen

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS M6
Check the line by the hood hinge on drivers side, mine had too much line poking out toward the windshield and would get pinched when the hood was closed.
Metalxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:55 PM   #5
Hootch

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS
When I got home this evening, I pulled the tubes apart and tried the motor and it did NOT spray fluid out.l I blew into the hose and could hear bubbles in the reservoir and then it would work, so it seems I do have a bit a clog. My son remembers there being some plastic debris in the tank when it was new so I think I may be some settling debris that clogs it up after sitting for a while. I think my next step is to love with it or remove the tank and clean it well.
Hootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 09:23 AM   #6
Burton5251

Drives: 2013 Victory Red ZL1 M6 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz3z3 View Post
I have this same issue and have yet to find a fix for it. I guess the next step would be to call Roto-fab on it to see what they say. Let us know if you find anything.
Any update to this? I have the same issue and it is 100% vacuum related. When I disconnect the feed line from the reservoir bottle to the W/W pump it releases the vacuum and works for about 24 hours then does not work again. You hear the motor but no fluid, hood open or closed does not effect it. I flipped the W/W pump so that the feed is on the top rather than the bottom which has helped a bit but after an extended period of time it still stops working. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Burton5251 is offline   Reply With Quote