Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #29
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
Rear LSR Bar
CNC bent from tubular 1-3/8 inch DOM steel and then TIG welded with billet steel ends. Each end provides three adjustment positions for fine tuning of handling balance.

Compared to the factory ZL1 bar, the first position is the same as stock, position 2 is 10% stiffer, and position 3 is 26% stiffer.

If you are upgrading to this bar on an SS model, the first position is 76% stiffer than stock, position 2 is 100% stiffer, and position 3 will be 130% stiffer.
Same as stock i the front is great with a big fat rear
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:34 PM   #30
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Same as stock i the front is great with a big fat rear
Is that what you'd suggest on the ZL1? Stock front but big rear? I just need to correct the push I'm getting mid way through the turns.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:45 PM   #31
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Is that what you'd suggest on the ZL1? Stock front but big rear? I just need to correct the push I'm getting mid way through the turns.
Road course or AC?
Old 05-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #32
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
Road course or AC?
The push I was talking about was in Autocross this past weekend. However I will be doing both consistently. Road course event the end of this month.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:02 PM   #33
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Road course or AC?
Does that make much of a difference? I mostly do RC but have been wanting to try my hand at AC.

I have a rear z bar to put in actually pretty much have a Permagrin kit. Just waiting for my Ridetechs then I will do it all at once.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #34
JusticePete

Quote:
The push I was talking about was in Autocross this past weekend. However I will be doing both consistently. Road course event the end of this month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Does that make much of a difference? I mostly do RC but have been wanting to try my hand at AC.

I have a rear z bar to put in actually pretty much have a Permagrin kit. Just waiting for my Ridetechs then I will do it all at once.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
The tighter the corner, the better you are with a big rear bar and a soft front bar. On a road course that car can get a bit loose setup that way. Drivers with countless hours of seat time find that to be very fast. Very few of us have enough seat time and skill to love that kind of setup on a road course.

It isn't unusual to see a front sway bar disconnected at an AC event. This allows a lot of front end roll, but also a lot of front end stick. Using OE bars, I think many would find an OE 23mm front bar with an OE Z/1LE 28mm rear bar to be a very good setup for both AC and RC. Am I a fan of a 27mm front adjustable bar with a 32mm rear bar, of course I am. I am the guy that settled on that setup after countless hours of testing and brought it to market. The front to rear difference is 5mm and '6'mm with the front bar to full soft. OE 23 / 28 is a 5mm difference
Old 05-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #35
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Yeah I'm thinking Detroit Speed. That's what Jordan @ JDP is running and I was impressed with his car / times, to say the least

The one thing I do not like about the Detroit Speed front sway is that it appears (per their site) you cannot adjust it. So I MAY do LSR (or Pedders) front and Detroit Speed rear..
The DSE bars are 3 way adjustable in the rear and 2 way adjustable in the front. Let us know if you have any questions on them.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:56 PM   #36
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
The DSE bars are 3 way adjustable in the rear and 2 way adjustable in the front. Let us know if you have any questions on them.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Sez the FTD guy at C5 FEST.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:42 PM   #37
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Quote:
The tighter the corner, the better you are with a big rear bar and a soft front bar. On a road course that car can get a bit loose setup that way. Drivers with countless hours of seat time find that to be very fast. Very few of us have enough seat time and skill to love that kind of setup on a road course.

It isn't unusual to see a front sway bar disconnected at an AC event. This allows a lot of front end roll, but also a lot of front end stick. Using OE bars, I think many would find an OE 23mm front bar with an OE Z/1LE 28mm rear bar to be a very good setup for both AC and RC. Am I a fan of a 27mm front adjustable bar with a 32mm rear bar, of course I am. I am the guy that settled on that setup after countless hours of testing and brought it to market. The front to rear difference is 5mm and '6'mm with the front bar to full soft. OE 23 / 28 is a 5mm difference
Makes sense about the road course. My thought process is go with after market bars so I can set it up more conservative for road course and go more aggressive for Autocross.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #38
detroitspeed

Drives: 1969, 70, 2010, and 2012 Camaros
We have some new weight comparisons with the new front DSE anti-roll bar for electric power steering compared to a factory 2013 1LE bar:

1LE Front ARB with brackets and bushings = 15.1lbs.
DSE Front ARB with brackets and bushings = 9.2 lbs.

Here is the weight comparison for the rear DSE anti-roll bar:

1LE Rear ARB with brackets and bushings = 18.1 lbs.
DSE Rear ARB with brackets and bushings = 13.7 lbs.

That is a weight savings of 10.3 lbs. So with the DSE front and rear anti-roll bar you can have an adjustable bar with more rate and shed some pounds as well!

detroitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #39
RoachDad

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I apologize if I missed it somewhere.

What is the size of the stock 2010 sway bars?

thanks
RoachDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #40
RoachDad

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
what does FE3, FE4 mean?
RoachDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #41
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoachDad View Post
what does FE3, FE4 mean?
There are different generations of suspensions on these cars. I think, that anything prior to FE5 has inboard rear sway bar end links. FE5 (ZL1) and FE6 (1LE) have an outboard mounted rear bar. I believe that is the primary difference in the suspensions. 2010 to 2012 had the FE3 or FE4 not sure when the change was. I'm not sure what the standard suspension is on the Camaro though.

Note that the GTO and the G8 have FE2 and the G8 GXP had the FE3.

I'm sure there is more to it but there is a general description.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #42
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
https://www.wretched.co/tech-talk-main/tech-talk-camaro

The only real difference between the two are where the sway bars attach. FE3 attaches inside the spring/shock assembly. FE4 has a wider bar that attaches outside.

FE3 can be found on 2010 & 2011 SS Coupes, and 2010-2012 SS Convertibles. FE4 is on SS's newer than that.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote