Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-02-2014, 10:00 PM   #1
RKCamaro13

Drives: 2011 Red 2SSRS A6
Coilover Help

I'm knocking out all my suspension right now and want to do coilovers. I'm looking at BC, because I will not be tracking my car alot. I just want it for the handling and being able to lower my car just a little. What are others experiences with BC. Also, does anyone have the MPD1 hood with any coilovers? Eric said they would fit if you took the adjustment knob off. I pretty sure the BC's are capable of this. Right?
Thanks for any input.
MPD1 Z Force hood, 1LE splitter, ZL1 rockers and diffuser, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations emblems, Magnuson Supercharger, ID850 Injectors, Alky Methanol Kit, Livernois Fuel Pump Roto-Fab CAI, SW long tube headers, CNC ported throttle body, High flow cats, Lethal Racing Prowler Cam, LS3 conversion, Yank 3400 Stall, Corsa 3" cat back exhaust, RX Catch Can, BMR Suspension, BC Coilovers, Slotted and Cross-drilled rotors, Custom Interior.
RKCamaro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
Jerry7297

Drives: 2018 2SS/ 1LE
They should be removable. Just need a wrench to take them on and off.
Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:18 PM   #3
Synner

Drives: cars
Yes they come off. I have the ER double adjustables and have served me well through a lot of abuse. BR's should be all you need.

Their customer support is depressing but the products are good and they can be rebuilt.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:41 PM   #4
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
I have both. Bc coilovers and mpd1 hood. No issues. I don't have to take knobs off.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #5
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
The Bc coilovers are great for the street, my friend has a set on his SS and he swears by them, he says he cant believe how sloshy the stock suspension is after living with the BC's
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:51 PM   #6
RKCamaro13

Drives: 2011 Red 2SSRS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
I have both. Bc coilovers and mpd1 hood. No issues. I don't have to take knobs off.
Awesome thanks for the help, I just ordered them this morning.
MPD1 Z Force hood, 1LE splitter, ZL1 rockers and diffuser, Heritage grille, Sparks Restorations emblems, Magnuson Supercharger, ID850 Injectors, Alky Methanol Kit, Livernois Fuel Pump Roto-Fab CAI, SW long tube headers, CNC ported throttle body, High flow cats, Lethal Racing Prowler Cam, LS3 conversion, Yank 3400 Stall, Corsa 3" cat back exhaust, RX Catch Can, BMR Suspension, BC Coilovers, Slotted and Cross-drilled rotors, Custom Interior.
RKCamaro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:46 AM   #7
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKCamaro13 View Post
Awesome thanks for the help, I just ordered them this morning.
You should like them. Be advised you will notice the bad roads and bumps more and the car will move up and down over bumps, react more quickly, then before. Not harsh or anything unless you want it to be with the settings, just that the stiff springs make it that way, like drop springs. My supercars are the same but you will like the solid comfortable ride, the better handling and tuning is fun, have mine so it reacts very neutrally now.you can set them for slow speed crappy roads, or firm them up some for the freeway, no bouncy ride.
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote