Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-26-2009, 01:15 PM   #1
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Arrow Camaro5 invites you to say thanks to Camaro assemblers and tour the Martinrea plant!

PLEASE NOTE - THIS EVENT IS ALSO OPEN TO ANYONE WORKING ON THE IMPALA LINE, ALL ENGINEERS, LINE MANAGERS OR ANYONE IN THE STAMPING PLANT.

ANYONE WHO HAS A 2010 CAMARO BUT IS NOT A MEMBER OF CAMARO5.COM IS WELCOME TO JOIN US!!! PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!!!

FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT HyltonJ@aol.com IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS

I am pleased to announce that Camaro5 will be hosting a meet and greet with Oshawa Camaro Assembly workers on October 2nd (Friday). It is a way for Camaro owners and Camaro5 members to say "thanks" to the brothers and sisters who spend their days putting our beloved cars together.

I am also happy to announce that, although GM refused to allow us to tour the plant, Martinrea has graciously stepped up and will host a BBQ as well as give us a plant tour. You will get the opportunity to see first hand how the 4.5 link suspensions are built.

The final schedule of events is as follows:

Friday:

12:00 - 12:30 Hotel arrival
1:00 Depart Hotel for Oshawa cruise
2:00 Arrive at Jubille Pavillion
2:30 - 3:30 Speeches and presentation
3:30 - 4:30 Car signing and bench racing
4:30 - 5:00 Photoshoot near Lake Ontario (no IOM cars allowed)
5:00 Return to hotel for dinner at hotel restaurant
8:00 - ??? Lounge party

Saturday:

10:00 Depart hotel
10:20 Arrive Martinrea
10:30 - 11:05 1st tour group
11:05 - 11:25 Plant BBQ lunch / car viewing
(we need to let their employees eat etc. b/c they only have 20 mins - we'll eat afterwards)
11:30 - 12:30 2nd tour group & BBQ lunch for us
~12:30 Group photo shoot
~1:00 Depart Martinrea

Here is the hotel info -

10-19 rooms confirmed $ 115.00 CDN/room/night

Holiday Inn Oshawa Whitby Conference Centre
1011 BLOOR STREET EAST
Oshawa, Ontario
L1H 7K6 CANADA
Phone: (905) 576-5101 ext. 6649
Fax: (905) 576-3296

www.hioshawa.ca

I will be arriving late on Thursday October 1st. All participants should arrive no later than noon on Friday October 2nd and count on staying over that night. I am currently negotiating Camaro5 exclusive parking which will include overnight security.

We will all be leaving from the hotel in the early afternoon as a large 2010 Camaro caravan to the reception, which will be held at The Jubillee Pavillion located at 55 Lakeview drive between 2:30 -4:30. The venue is only 2 minutes from the camaro plant. At the venue, finger foods will be served and a plaque presentation will be made to CAW Local 222 from Camaro5.

Following the presentation and speeches, we will all be moving to the parking lot where Camaro5 members will have the opportunity to have their cars, books, posters or whatever signed by those who built it.

After the meet and greet event has finished, Camaro5 members will then return to the hotel where we will have our own Camaro5/beer tasting/get to know each other party. Anyone from the plant is welcome to join us there!

On Saturday morning, we will be going to visit a Martinrea plant for a tour where we will see how the suspensions are built.

This will be your opportunity to meet Super60, 80Zedder, The Mole and a few other notables here on Camaro5. We estimate we will be feeding about 200-250 plant employees as well as anyone who will be attending. Financial contributions will be greatly appreciated. Those who would like to make a financial contribution can Paypal me at HyltonJ@aol.com.

In addition, I am asking all those who are happy with their cars to spend a moment and write a letter to the plant workers expressing how this car has brought you joy and happiness. Perhaps you would like to share some stories about the car. I will be collecting all these messages and creating binders for all plant employees as a keepsake of the occasion. All financial contributors will also be identified in the the binders to be presented to plant employees. Send your letters to HyltonJ@aol.com.

I would like at the MINIMUM to have at least one car of every color attend this event. Many of the plant workers never get to see the final product (believe it or not). They certainly do not see the cars with stripes or GFX on them so I need a show of hands of Camaro5 members who are willing to attend. Please identify your cars color if you plan on bringing it.

So please post if you are attending, if you would like to make a financial contribution, if you are going to write a letter to the employees or a combination of all 3!

I know this is a weekday but I hope to see as many of you as possible come out and say thanks to the men and women who have had a hell of a year and despite all the bad news, have done an outstanding job with our cars! Hope to see as many of you as possible.

Hylton Jorssen

Cars attending:

Trent RJT SS *
cKerensky RJT LT *
josh1147 VR SS *
JAREDCAN SIM SS *
Hylton SIM SS *
tony_c SIM SS *
camarorick SIM SS *
Oshawa city counsellor Maryanne Sholdra RY SS *
Duane RY SS *
The Honorable John Gray, Mayor of Oshawa IOM SS *
Angelina IOM SS *
trsc1970 IOM SS *
Banshee IOM SS *
TJ91 IOM LT *
mbauer IOM SS
Kenney. IOM SS *
Squalo IOM SS *
Ericcamaro IOM SS
CanadianCamaro IOM SS *
2010CAMAROJ IOM SS *
RickRay CGM LT *
jxmot CGM SS *
376camaro BLK SS *
heinzd01 BLK SS *
19K3SS BLK SS *
Camaro99 BLK SS *
THUMPER20X BLK SS *
stefan5464 BLK LT *
DDustiNN ABM SS *
Riderover40 ABM SS
luckynuts ABM SS *
white 2ss/rs WHT SS *
RetroDude IBM SS *
Main IBM LT *
T's_1st_Camaro IBM LT
HINEY1 Bumblebee *
Ultimate_Bumblebee Transformer edition LT

Car-less attendees:

DGthe3 *
y2jonkurtz@@yahoo.ca
Camarodriver
Anna*

As for the "special" parking - yes we have our "Camaro5 & friends parking only". It is the large square section of the parking lot at the far left of the picture below (where bus is).

We have security for Thursday and Friday night between 9:00pm and 6:00am. At least one security guard will be present all night watching our "children". .

SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR EVENT SPONSORS:

Members

19K3SS
40years
Abygale
Angelina
CajunCamaroChic
Camarorick
CanadianCamaro
DDustiNN
Heinz01
Hylton
josh1147
jxmot
Lord Grey
Main
"prima"Donna (& Keith)
Retrodude
stefan5464
SWHCPA
tjbusa
Tran
trm0002
Trsc1970

Corporate

Martinrea www.martinrea.com
Sparta Chevrolet Anna@spartachevy.com
Built to Last Custom Woodworks

Last edited by Hylton; 10-01-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Ouch, sure wish I was closer! Will definitely write a letter and chip in some $$ though

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
GREAT IDEA!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Low Side // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
Hylton, the cars will be outside, in the back compound, gated off from what my understanding is, word is they wont allow anything to enter due to possible paint contamination.
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Zedder View Post
Hylton, the cars will be outside, in the back compound, gated off from what my understanding is, word is they wont allow anything to enter due to possible paint contamination.
It's not like they have H1N1, lol.

J/K

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Low Side // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #6
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
who says i dont have infectious disease? you wont wanna meet me lol

lol sorry

Last edited by 80Zedder; 08-26-2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Will PM OP
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Zedder View Post
Okay, cool!
Old 08-26-2009, 02:49 PM   #8
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and your 2010's If any of you do attend and have one of my Prints/Lithos please make sure you show it off with your Camaros. Thanks Hylton
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #9
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
It's not like they have H1N1, lol.

J/K
Ya, they wash their hands.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #10
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Two of three for me, not attending. Great idea, they built me an beauty.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:58 PM   #11
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
can't be there; but, will do something by 9/10/09. great idea and the Oshawa peeps are top drawer.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:06 PM   #12
y2jonkurtz@yahoo.ca

Drives: 1980 Camaro
My father and I will definately be attending if it is on September 25th and I would like to make a contribution.
y2jonkurtz@yahoo.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #13
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I am pleased to announce that Camaro5 will be hosting a lunch at the Oshawa Paint Plant on September 25th (Friday). It is a way for Camaro owners and Camaro5 members to say "thanks" to the brothers and sisters who spend their days putting our beloved cars together.

...I know this is a weekday but I hope to see as many of you as possible come out and say thanks to the men and women who have had a hell of a year and despite all the bad news, have done an outstanding job with our cars! Hope to see as many of you as possible.

Hylton Jorssen
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and your 2010's If any of you do attend and have one of my Prints/Lithos please make sure you show it off with your Camaros. Thanks Hylton
Count Waldo in. Definitely looking forward to this.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:53 PM   #14
06blownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Will try and make it! Unfortunately I dont have my camaro yet :( hope I'm still welcome to join!
Black on Black on Black 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3;K&N intake, Dynatech 1 7/8 catted LTs, Borla S Cat Back, Eibach prokit, Pfadt rear trailing arms, ZL-1 driveline, BTR Stage III Cam, Tuned by Performance Redline 444.1whp & 442.9 ft-lb
06blownSS is offline   Reply With Quote