Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-18-2015, 12:15 PM   #15
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Tyler View Post
I wasn't implying that the Prothane inserts are stiffer than the Z/28 inserts, just that they're stiffer/better than the V6/SS/1LE/ZL1.

I still feel a spherical bearing would be the ultimate solution.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
when will these be available?
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:19 PM   #16
2012LS3VERT

Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
We are working on a front radius rod spherical that will be user rebuildable, with replaceable delrin cups and adjustable tension.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 11:56 AM   #17
L99CAMA2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012LS3VERT View Post
We are working on a front radius rod spherical that will be user rebuildable, with replaceable delrin cups and adjustable tension.
Just concentrate on safety. Will be well worth it. I have my Pfadt installed pieces saving for track use since they no longer exist. I still like the PFadts above all even the Z28 pieces.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:05 PM   #18
2012LS3VERT

Drives: 2012 2SSRS Vert, Black w/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Just concentrate on safety. Will be well worth it. I have my Pfadt installed pieces saving for track use since they no longer exist. I still like the PFadts above all even the Z28 pieces.
Oh, we concentrate on safety, it's always a priority. Our product liability insurance requires pretty extensive testing as well. It has slowed down production on many pieces, but it's important.
2012LS3VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 07:41 AM   #19
Fulton 1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Can anyone confirm whether the Z/28 radius arms themselves (minus the inserts) are different from what would have come on the ZL1 stock? I've got the 23105018 and 23105019 Z/28 parts sitting here, but I'm contemplating on just swapping the inserts into my stock ZL1 arms. No need to replace the whole arm if the inserts are the only difference...

Last edited by Fulton 1; 03-19-2015 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Clarity
Fulton 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:54 PM   #20
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice

Over the years there have been a number of solutions offered and sold for the 5th Gen Camaro radius / brake tension arm. They deliver from the factory with a soft rubber insert. How soft? Way back when, the Camaro TEAM was working on the prototype 5th gen race car. They reached out to me for a set of steel jacketed radius bushing from the G8. Those were too small so we custom made them a set of bushings for the prototype. They didn't want to test that car on slicks with the soft OE rubber snubber.

We also made a couple of urethane inserts for them. The one that looked exactly like the OE rubber bushing, but was made out of dense urethane came from TEAM Camaro. The full face insert was designed by me one late night at my kitchen table. Both worked reasonably well, but the full face was better.

The new Z/28 delivers with a cast nylon insert. it is hard, but it is a clone of the original part. Since I am not constrained by anything other than my imagination and the ability of manufacturing to make it we are introducing Billet Bushings. Billet Bushings are cut with a water jet from Delrin or aluminum. They are machined and hand finished. Aluminum bushing are anodized our favorite color black magic.

You can see the difference in this side by side comparisson.

Do they work? I know have take off Z/28 parts sitting on my shelf. Some would argue that a spherical front bushing would deliver much better results. I would reply that they haven't driven on a JPSS Billet Bushing.

Why do they work so incredibly well? Because they limit the arm movement under braking, acceleration and when the car is in motion. This reduce the range of dynamic caster change delivering huge improvements in on center steering feel, direction control and turning.

We make 2010 to 2015 5th Gen Camaro Radius / Brake tension Arm Bushings out of Delrin and Aluminum. There is no discernible difference in performance. We make them in aluminum because they are so damn cool and some people want all the cool they can get.

www.JPSSonline.com

Our Premier JPSS Dealers
Blackjack Speed Shop
Complete Automotive
JDP
National Speed
Nickey Chicago
Raymond's Performance
Wretched Performance

JPSS will be releasing a number of new products. Our Black magic 27 / 32mm Sway baars will be in stock in about three weeks. We should be final fitting our Knockout Camber Plates late next week. Our Quiet as OEM Adjustable Endlinks should be in stock in just a few days. Caster Locks are being anodized as I type this. JPSS Camber / Caster Eccentrics are in manufacturings and due in stock in 10 days or less. We are struggling to get tjhe price point right on our 5th Gen Knuckle Drops. Our project Z/28 Light is still in development along with our website. Please excuse our dust while we build you the finest parts we can imagine and manufacture.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:43 PM   #21
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Over the years there have been a number of solutions offered and sold for the 5th Gen Camaro radius / brake tension arm. They deliver from the factory with a soft rubber insert. How soft? Way back when, the Camaro TEAM was working on the prototype 5th gen race car. They reached out to me for a set of steel jacketed radius bushing from the G8. Those were too small so we custom made them a set of bushings for the prototype. They didn't want to test that car on slicks with the soft OE rubber snubber.

We also made a couple of urethane inserts for them. The one that looked exactly like the OE rubber bushing, but was made out of dense urethane came from TEAM Camaro. The full face insert was designed by me one late night at my kitchen table. Both worked reasonably well, but the full face was better.

The new Z/28 delivers with a cast nylon insert. it is hard, but it is a clone of the original part. Since I am not constrained by anything other than my imagination and the ability of manufacturing to make it we are introducing Billet Bushings. Billet Bushings are cut with a water jet from Delrin or aluminum. They are machined and hand finished. Aluminum bushing are anodized our favorite color black magic.

You can see the difference in this side by side comparisson.

Do they work? I know have take off Z/28 parts sitting on my shelf. Some would argue that a spherical front bushing would deliver much better results. I would reply that they haven't driven on a JPSS Billet Bushing.

Why do they work so incredibly well? Because they limit the arm movement under braking, acceleration and when the car is in motion. This reduce the range of dynamic caster change delivering huge improvements in on center steering feel, direction control and turning.

We make 2010 to 2015 5th Gen Camaro Radius / Brake tension Arm Bushings out of Delrin and Aluminum. There is no discernible difference in performance. We make them in aluminum because they are so damn cool and some people want all the cool they can get.

www.JPSSonline.com

Our Premier JPSS Dealers
Blackjack Speed Shop
Complete Automotive
JDP
National Speed
Nickey Chicago
Raymond's Performance
Wretched Performance

JPSS will be releasing a number of new products. Our Black magic 27 / 32mm Sway baars will be in stock in about three weeks. We should be final fitting our Knockout Camber Plates late next week. Our Quiet as OEM Adjustable Endlinks should be in stock in just a few days. Caster Locks are being anodized as I type this. JPSS Camber / Caster Eccentrics are in manufacturings and due in stock in 10 days or less. We are struggling to get tjhe price point right on our 5th Gen Knuckle Drops. Our project Z/28 Light is still in development along with our website. Please excuse our dust while we build you the finest parts we can imagine and manufacture.
Any plans for a nice set of coilovers?
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:05 PM   #22
JusticePete

:-)
Old 04-14-2015, 07:59 PM   #23
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
soon?
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:17 PM   #24
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Wanna sell your take off parts???
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:14 PM   #25
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
soon?
NOW!
Old 04-16-2015, 08:42 PM   #26
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?!
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:05 PM   #27
JusticePete

Black Magic Billet Bushings in Aluminum. There is nothing like this in the industry, except from JPSS.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:12 PM   #28
L99CAMA2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Black Magic Billet Bushings in Aluminum. There is nothing like this in the industry, except from JPSS.

Yo where's mine?