Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-08-2017, 08:12 PM   #1
mzdadoc

Drives: 2017 Red Hot Camaro ZL1 A10
100% Electric

So GM says they want to go 100% electric cars. I’d say with a lot of patience that’d make our cars very valuable if we keep them long enough.
mzdadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:47 PM   #2
FringBirdAloha

Drives: Pre-production ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzdadoc View Post
So GM says they want to go 100% electric cars. I’d say with a lot of patience that’d make our cars very valuable if we keep them long enough.
We won’t see that in our lifetimes.
FringBirdAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:00 PM   #3
speedraider

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2017 ZL1
Don't count on it
speedraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:55 AM   #4
SinginHawk

Drives: 2015 2LT
Quote:
Just enjoy it, life is too short to be worried about your $30-75k car maintaining it's value. The only ones that do are rare or special VIN's etc., otherwise the price of a very well kept classic muscle car just keeps up with inflation.

The only way that happens is if the previous owners didn't drive the damn things, and I feel as though this generation of our cars is made to be driven, not collected.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:59 AM   #5
zipline

Drives: chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FringBirdAloha View Post
LOL! Sounds like the guys who said the internet was a "fad" that would fade away/ How'd that prediction work out. The change over to electric is in progress. IC powered personal vehicles are on the way out and will be dinosaurs in the not to distant future. Change will occur with or without your blessings whether you know it or not or like it or not.
zipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:03 AM   #6
S.T.A.R.

Drives: 18'-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FringBirdAloha View Post
It's going suck Fring, our old gas models will probably be allowed for some time after these new electric cars fill in. We'll be able to run our gasers with a heavy tax of some sort leaved on to them, thankfully I'll be dead by then.
S.T.A.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:43 AM   #7
Rusty35

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipline View Post
LOL! Sounds like the guys who said the internet was a "fad" that would fade away/ How'd that prediction work out. The change over to electric is in progress. IC powered personal vehicles are on the way out and will be dinosaurs in the not to distant future. Change will occur with or without your blessings whether you know it or not or like it or not.
The internet was a fad and did fade away, you are one of the last few still using it, every one else has moved on to twitting.
Rusty35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:52 AM   #8
zipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.T.A.R. View Post
It's going suck Fring, our old gas models will probably be allowed for some time after these new electric cars fill in. We'll be able to run our gasers with a heavy tax of some sort leaved on to them, thankfully I'll be dead by then.

The "tax" you refer to will be the cost of the fuel at that time if it is available at all.

Anyone who seriously doubts that there will be a total conversion to electric power is laughably shortsighted. There are now three Teslas in my neighborhood. Their owners are absolutely ecstatic about them. These cars were rarely seen a few years ago and are seen daily. the change over is moving along and will continue. IC engines will be almost pointless once the storage capacity is over 500 miles. It is almost there now.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:02 AM   #9
EV2

Drives: Nightfall gray ZL1
I am still waiting for my flying car that was predicted to be "in every driveway soon" in the fifties. I suppose my ZL1 is as close to a flying car as I will ever get.
EV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:54 AM   #10
zipline

[QUOTE=EV2;9933765]I am still waiting for my flying car that was predicted to be "in every driveway soon" in the fifties. I suppose my ZL1 is as close to a flying car as I will ever get.[/QUOT

There is a difference. No one has a "flying car" in their driveway, many have an electric. It is not something that may happen, it is already happening.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:04 AM   #11
GTRSOLO

Drives: 89 Turbo Trans Am
Where is all that extra electricity going to come from? Solar, Nuke, Coal or the wind farm?
GTRSOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:38 AM   #12
BlueSteel07

Drives: Nothing
Quote:
Yes, they will be worth millions.
BlueSteel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:41 AM   #13
S.T.A.R.

Well, it won't be Windfarms or Solar, around here they've proven to be quite the joke as of now.
Coal to a point I'd guess, as far as Nuclear goes, I'm surprised that there aren't more of these going up?

Last edited by S.T.A.R.; 10-09-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:43 AM   #14
S.T.A.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipline View Post
The "tax" you refer to will be the cost of the fuel at that time if it is available at all.

Anyone who seriously doubts that there will be a total conversion to electric power is laughably shortsighted. There are now three Teslas in my neighborhood. Their owners are absolutely ecstatic about them. These cars were rarely seen a few years ago and are seen daily. the change over is moving along and will continue. IC engines will be almost pointless once the storage capacity is over 500 miles. It is almost there now.
You really think that there will be a gasoline shortage anytime soon? By soon, I mean the year 2100?

Last edited by S.T.A.R.; 10-09-2017 at 02:03 PM.