Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Interior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 03-18-2019, 02:35 PM   #1
RPI Designs

Drives: 2016 SS 6 Spd
2010-2015 Camaro Footwell Ambient Lighting Kit

2010-2015 Camaro Footwell Ambient Lighting Kit $60.79 With Code PHIL5 At Checkout

Fifth generation Camaro owners know good taste, that's obvious by the 2010 through 2015 Chevy that they're driving around town. If you're looking for a tasteful Camaro add on to lighten up the interior of your 5th Gen, then the Camaro footwell ambient lighting kit is certainly one such product you will want to take a dive into.

This LED lighting kit is designed with (2) 15-inch automotive grade SMD strips that are completely waterproof and encompassed in a clear acrylic. Each one of these footwell light tubes is available in a variety of colors including white, blue, green, red, pink or amber. This ambient kit comes with a set of two one for the driver side under dash area and one for the passenger side under dash area.

What's included in this LED lighting kit?
-2 15" strips of automotive grade SMD LEDs.
-Self-adhesive backing for very simple installation into your Camaro.
-a handy toggle switch to quickly power on or off from inside your Camaro.

Frequently asked questions:
*How difficult is the installation, I'm not very handy mechanically.
-Simple, if you can tie your shoes you can install this kit. No, we are serious this is one of the easiest Camaro modifications on the market.
*What is the expected life of this product? Will I have to replace them often after I initially install them in my Camaro?
-You won't ever have to replace them, these will last for many years. Install them inside your Camaro forget about it.

These ambient footwell lights are just one of the many custom LED products we have available for your 2010- 2015 Camaro. If you love the look and feel you get inside your Camaro then you want to take a look at all of the other lighting options we have available.

https://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=2037

RPI Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 02:29 PM   #2
RPI Designs

Old 07-25-2019, 12:31 PM   #3
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Brightness

2 questions

1 - From pictures it's hard to tell how bright these are. I'm looking for a subtle blue color like the OEM. Some of the pictures I've seen looks like it is really overpowering. I want to be able to have these on while I am driving.

2 - Do these stay on all the time when the lights are on, like the strips in the doors? I don't want to have to remember to trun them on/off all the time.

Thanks
Wabbit
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:59 PM   #4
RPI Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
2 questions

1 - From pictures it's hard to tell how bright these are. I'm looking for a subtle blue color like the OEM. Some of the pictures I've seen looks like it is really overpowering. I want to be able to have these on while I am driving.

2 - Do these stay on all the time when the lights are on, like the strips in the doors? I don't want to have to remember to trun them on/off all the time.

Thanks
Wabbit

I will check with the manufacturer and get back to you.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:51 AM   #5
RPI Designs

Hello,
Here is what I got back from the Manufacturer.

1 - From pictures, it's hard to tell how bright these are. I'm looking for a subtle blue color like the OEM. Some of the pictures I've seen looks like it is really overpowering. I want to be able to have these on while I am driving.
I would go with a bright blue, not super bright. Since they tap into the dome light circuit you can control them with the interior light knob as far as dimming, turning them on/off. Check to be sure the Camaro has a dimming knob for the interior lights. I believe they do.

2 - Do these stay on all the time when the lights are on, like the strips in the doors? I don't want to have to remember to turn them on/off all the time.

See above answer.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:34 AM   #6
RPI Designs