Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 11-09-2017, 08:57 PM   #1
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
LFX Tranny in a 2010 LLT?

I have an 2010 LLT v6 Camaro, and was wondering what year/model transmissions are compatible with my engine. I see a bunch of websites listing 2014 v6 trannys as compatible with my 2010, but I wanted to know if anyone on c5 has any info. My mechanic says probably, and the websites have their "compatibility guarantee" claim warrantied, but just wanted to make sure with you guys in case I'm missing anything.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:13 PM   #2
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
According to my research, it probably won't. There are 4 large code identfiers on the transmission case that must match. The Delphi and Bosch ECM,s are different communications and calibrations. If the 4 large identifier letter/numbers match your tranny, then yes. If not, no.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:22 AM   #3
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
According to my research, it probably won't. There are 4 large code identfiers on the transmission case that must match. The Delphi and Bosch ECM,s are different communications and calibrations. If the 4 large identifier letter/numbers match your tranny, then yes. If not, no.

Gotcha, so I guess i’m limited just to 2010-2011 tranny’s then :(
I might have to pay for a new one from Chevy because I can’t find anything on the internet from 3rd party retailers. Thanks for the advice.

If anyone has any websites they recommend for a new or used Aisin transmission for the v6 is definitely appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote