Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 04-30-2010, 12:47 AM   #1
BLU BY U
'69 Camaro's Rule

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Camaro SS/RS
Scott's="Defining Moment's"

The other week when I read Scott's write up on the homepage, I was thinking about how much he has put into this amazing car (along with a lot of other's). He, and the other's just can't imagine all of the ways this 5th gen. styling has touched us. It takes me back to when I remember first noticing camaro's when I was about 8, in cough...cough '71. One of my (soon to be)best friend's that lived two houses up had a '68, with cragar mags,m-50's on the back, L-88 hood, header style sidepipes. I mean that would'nt catch a little boy's eye's when it roared by... would it? Fast forward quite a few year's later, that friend would lose his life in a '69 camaro, Sad, Sad day! From that day on I always had a camaro around, all first gens. and that helped me to always keep his memory alive. I know if he were here today, he would have a 5th gen. also. This take's me back to reading the "Defining Moment's" on the homepage. When I got to the end of the article, and saw they put the picture I took of my car with Scott beside it, it just some how took me back in time all over again to the early days. So, in closing I just want to say A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO MADE THIS CAR POSSIBLE!!! It takes me back in time, every time I look at it.
Attached Images

Last edited by BLU BY U; 04-30-2010 at 04:12 PM.
BLU BY U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:52 AM   #2
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Great story...sorry about your friend...:(

I hope he's riding shotgun with you every time you roll on down the highway!!!...
Old 04-30-2010, 01:01 AM   #3
BLU BY U
'69 Camaro's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
Great story...sorry about your friend...:(

I hope he's riding shotgun with you every time you roll on down the highway!!!...
Thank You, we are going for a ride in the morning!
Old 04-30-2010, 06:35 AM   #4
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I really appreciate your story and am sad for your loss. I think this "Car" rbings so many things to so many different people. Thought of yester year, some good, some not so good, when life was really a simple life. Friday night football games, hot dates on Saturday night and the wonderful smell of spring, the cill of early fall.....it doesn't get better than that or to coin a phrase from today " Priceless". It brings back a time when men bonded with their sons turning a wrench in the yard, although this one is alot more advanced still the concept is the same. Mine is called Dr Jkel, and it is so neat to hear my boys say, Let's take Dr Jkel to the game, or Can we PLEASE take Dr. Jkel to practice? As my little boy tells everyone that Dr Jkel is his and it is just on loan to me for a little while.

I know people have put their heart and soul into the resurrection of this icon and for one I am very glad.

Blu By U, I am truly sorry about your friend and know that he would be proud of your continued support.

I look forward to the day when my oldest gets to the age when he learns to drive, it will be an intersting day when I pull over to the side of a deserted country road as say " Ok it's your turn, gotta learn sometime" The memories he and I will have. These ae just a few of defining moments that I truly look forward to.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLU BY U View Post
Thank You, we are going for a ride in the morning!
Old 05-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #6
BLU BY U
'69 Camaro's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
I really appreciate your story and am sad for your loss. I think this "Car" rbings so many things to so many different people. Thought of yester year, some good, some not so good, when life was really a simple life. Friday night football games, hot dates on Saturday night and the wonderful smell of spring, the cill of early fall.....it doesn't get better than that or to coin a phrase from today " Priceless". It brings back a time when men bonded with their sons turning a wrench in the yard, although this one is alot more advanced still the concept is the same. Mine is called Dr Jkel, and it is so neat to hear my boys say, Let's take Dr Jkel to the game, or Can we PLEASE take Dr. Jkel to practice? As my little boy tells everyone that Dr Jkel is his and it is just on loan to me for a little while.

I know people have put their heart and soul into the resurrection of this icon and for one I am very glad.

Blu By U, I am truly sorry about your friend and know that he would be proud of your continued support.

I look forward to the day when my oldest gets to the age when he learns to drive, it will be an intersting day when I pull over to the side of a deserted country road as say " Ok it's your turn, gotta learn sometime" The memories he and I will have. These ae just a few of defining moments that I truly look forward to.
Thank You. Well said. Most parent's don't look forward to the day when there kid's start to drive.LOL. Our kids are already grown,and moved out. The other day our daughter told us that since she and her brother have moved out, that me and my wife are having to much fun,LOL. Every parent needs to spend as much time with there kid's as possible, cause i'm telling ya they will be up and, out of the house, before you know it. So cherish every moment you have with them, and go make some memories.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:52 AM   #7
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
I like the SS/RS badge on the side. Where did you find them?
Toyaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #8
BLU BY U
'69 Camaro's Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyaholic View Post
I like the SS/RS badge on the side. Where did you find them?
Thanks,I got them at the dealership, from the part's dept. They are the one's for the back, they have some curve to them, but will flatten out when you put them on.