Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-09-2020, 05:44 PM   #1
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
How are the values holding??

What would you expect to see on trade in / used lot prices for a 17 A10 / PDR / CFH with a little less than 7k miles?? Only mods are the BMR Lockout & upper / lower trailing arms.

I'm trying to decide if I want to hang onto her & get some POS to get back & forth to the ranch or trade in on nicer truck & hopefully put some $$$$ in my pocket. I would just like to walk in with a little knowledge & I'm the typical hate the wheeling & dealing buyer. It's really going to boil down the $$$$.

I resigned from my job & turned in the company truck...if I could get to deer camp in the Z I would.

Thanks.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:47 PM   #2
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Take it to carmax to get the absolute bottom dollar trade in value. Of course you won't accept the offer, but at least you'll know what that minimum value will be.

Also use kbb.com
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:19 PM   #3
Techdude99

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE
www.nadaguides.com
Techdude99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 06:43 PM   #4
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
What would you expect to see on trade in / used lot prices for a 17 A10 / PDR / CFH with a little less than 7k miles?? Only mods are the BMR Lockout & upper / lower trailing arms.

I'm trying to decide if I want to hang onto her & get some POS to get back & forth to the ranch or trade in on nicer truck & hopefully put some $$$$ in my pocket. I would just like to walk in with a little knowledge & I'm the typical hate the wheeling & dealing buyer. It's really going to boil down the $$$$.

I resigned from my job & turned in the company truck...if I could get to deer camp in the Z I would.

Thanks.
Sorry, I can’t help with a solid valuation in your area. However, I feel you on resigning and moving on. I’m doing the same thing as soon as my bonus hits. Life’s too short to be unhappy. Good luck Artos..
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:29 PM   #5
Artos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Sorry, I can’t help with a solid valuation in your area. However, I feel you on resigning and moving on. I’m doing the same thing as soon as my bonus hits. Life’s too short to be unhappy. Good luck Artos..
Solid post Chutzpah.

Thanks...I did 100k miles in my Co truck in 14 months & decided at my age in my early 50's it wasn't the life for me, although I desperately miss my customers / friends & my only real regret of resigning. I truly miss my friends & it's easy being a sales guy when your customers are your compadres.

I just took the Z around the block to go watch the wife for softball practice but neither of us could find parking & sorta fell back in love with car...really don't know what to do & appreciate the sentiment of being in the position.

I'm a Federal Firearms Lic dealer & people lean on me to consign or confirm value of their possessions / collections...I really don't want to dive into research when we have hard stoned members who understand the game. I'm not looking for an angle, just an honest window on what to hear.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:40 PM   #6
Cleancoupe

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE
You’ve already taken the biggest hit soon as you drove it off the lot if it was purchased brand new. Just buy a cheaper vehicle to daily & keep the Z. Sports cars are harder to sell up north in the winter months, but you’re in the south so you should have an easier time. Check out the values on kbb & nada. Most dealers will low ball you unless they are making some good money on a vehicle they are selling you. Like others said you can check carmax or carvana. Private sale I would say you’re in the mid to high 40s.
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:22 PM   #7
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
These cars are not super liquid and don't get bought and sold as often as say a Cruze. For that reason, there's not enough out there to define a solid price estimate for all years/miles/condition. For that reason, it might be disingenuous to give you a number but my gut says you're looking at $48,000-$51,000, real world. Lower end of that if trading, higher end of that if selling on your own.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 01:28 AM   #8
Zee_Ohh

Drives: truck
I am currently in the market for a 6spd ZLE and have been watching the market for the last 6+ months in anticipation of purchasing one when my truck is paid off in march. One thing I have noticed is that like most sports cars, right now is a significantly worse time to sell than in spring or summer. Almost every car I have seen at fair to high asking prices have been sitting with little interest. There’s been a ton of cars on CL and autotrader etc that sit until the ad expires and then they get resposted at a lower price and still sit.
Zee_Ohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 05:50 PM   #9
Artos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
These cars are not super liquid and don't get bought and sold as often as say a Cruze. For that reason, there's not enough out there to define a solid price estimate for all years/miles/condition. For that reason, it might be disingenuous to give you a number but my gut says you're looking at $48,000-$51,000, real world. Lower end of that if trading, higher end of that if selling on your own.
Thanks...kinda what was in my gut. First offer was only 43. Buddy came by today & told me not to trade it unless he gets a shot & said it was worth the 50's to him so I'm content with my position.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:30 PM   #10
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
Worth in the 50's...Ha! Some new 2020s are going for 57-59K. Camaros haven't been known to hold value well.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:52 PM   #11
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
Worth in the 50's...Ha! Some new 2020s are going for 57-59K. Camaros haven't been known to hold value well.
Yeah I’ve noticed these dropping a lot faster than my shelby did, but i sure do like this one better. Good thing I’m not wanting out of it though cause I’d hafta cough up thousands.

Credit karma keeps sending me depressing emails about a “car value change” and the last one was $45,175. I’m guessing they don’t take into account its a ZLE, but still.
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:28 PM   #12
Artos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
Meh...I see it in the collectable gun market all the time. It's worth what someone is willing to pay & have seen identical items say like Colt Pythons or a pre-64 winchester where one will go for $3k & another no different go for $4k which is very significant.

I knew damn well about the hit, but wanted an early 50..it is what it is & have no regrets. I also understood going in the opinions on the window would be 'vast'.

Appreciate the replies.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:47 AM   #13
dbvettez06

Drives: 2001 corvette Z06. 2018 ZL1
Just paid 47500 for white 18 with 8400 miles. Mint. The guy ceramic coated the windows put an axel back dual stage exhaust and some others. Also have a 72 month bumper to bumper.
dbvettez06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:06 AM   #14
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Artos, know what you are talking about especially with guns! It’s just whatever a person is willing to pay for something you know and has always been that way. If I were you I would find an older truck which by no means are still not cheap and keep the ZL1! Thats is if your finances will let you do that. I wouldn’t be worried about how much your ZL1 is worth at this point in time since it is 3 years old and will never be worth what you paid for it anyway. I bought my used 2017 ZL1 last March and not concerned in the least how much it’s worth now because I really enjoy driving and owning it and just the satisfaction of owning a ZL1 is worth it to me. But I understand your concerns though!