Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Local Marketplace

Old 09-13-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
FS: Doug Thorley 1 3/4 Ceramic Coated LT's

I've got a set of Doug Thorley 1 3/4" Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers that are still in their box taking up space in my garage that I need to get rid of. I got them fairly cheap so I'll pass the savings on to someone on here if they want them. If your going to be at a SoCal meet I can bring them with me or we can meet up to save the shipping hassle. If your in NoCal, I'll ship them and you cover actuall shipping costs. For those of you in Bakersfield, I could be persuaded to bring them up and spend a few minutes with the parents if I had too.

The headers are listed from $800 - $936 depending on where you find them. I'm asking $700 OBO. These are still in the box. I opened the box to look at the install directions to see if that was a project that I wanted to take on in the garage vs taking it to my buddy's shop and using his lift.

As those of you in So Cal know, I got hooked up with BBK and got their Stainless Steel LT's put on so I have no need for 2 sets of headers, so these must go to someone who wants them.

I don't think a pic of the box would do anyone any good so here is a pic off of the Doug Thorley Website and a dyno sheet also off the website. (dyno is an L99 not LS3) If you really want a pic of the box, I'll post one up. I'd rather not take them out of the box for pic's to keep them from getting scratched/dinged in any way.

Here is their website if you want more info: http://dougthorleyheaders.com/produc...productID/1045

Name:  DT Dyno.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  39.8 KB

Name:  DT LT's.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  18.5 KB
Old 09-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
Man I want some LTs bad!! Finally got to ride in an LS3 Sunday with LTs and decided it's a must. Just up from you in good ol' Bakersfield too

Too bad you didn't have some catted mids laying around to go with them

Do these need wire extensions for the O2 sensors?
Old 09-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
2010SSRSM6

I think they are able to use the factory wires without extensions. Also, they don't need cat'd midpipes. They use the step down tubes in there palce I believe. They are direct bolt on parts to the factory midpipe. These are supposed to be long enough to bolt directly to the rest of the system.

Here is a copy of an install review I found on here. It was Ivan from ??? who wrote it. (I saved it in word and don't remember which shop he's from.)

"Getting on to it. The packaging is fantastic! They come in a box that is about 38"x18"x14". The LT's are separated by a cardboard divider and are wrapped individually in first foam sheets then again in heavy wax paper. They were in there like swimwear and were not damaged or dinged in shipping. Outstanding job Shipping Dept!

Unwrapping them, the midpipes are stamped with LT and RT. They are also individally wrapped like the LT's and are on each corresponding side of the box.

There are two bags of hardward that are included with the Set. All NEW Grade 10.9 Header bolts, flange bolts and nuts, lt/midpipe graphitic gaskets, and instructions (IN ENGLISH!!!) and two cool little oval DT stickers.

The Grade 10.9 bolts are the metric equivelent of SAE grand 8 bolts. Very cool that you get some great strength hardware with the kit.

Installation is straight forward. It took me as long to rack the car as it did to get the drivers side off.

I accidentally (?..haha) forgot to take the battery cable off and got lucky. I'd say that I would prolly not want to try my luck again so it's best to disconnect power.

Make sure and disconnect the O2 sensors as your first step. The instructions reiterate it and are very concise and detailed. The instructions are actually two sheets of paper with everything from specs to tools needed for the job. Again, well thought out and included.

I started on the drivers side. Everything came off really easy (car only had around 5100 miles on her). If you have a salt water area around you or heavy corrosion in your neck of the woods, maybe you could spray down the bolts before getting to work. I know it's helped me on older cars, but these ones are way too new.

Make a mental note of how and where the oil dipstick goes....this prolly took me longer to reinstall then it did to remove AND install the drivers side header. No joke. Take a picture if you have to. My advice.

From the bottom, with the car no more than 18" off the ground I easily routed them up and connected em using the old manifold gaskets.

I am awaiting the CatBack from Doug Thorley so I installed the LT's directly to the OEM exhaust.

Let me take this opportunity to say THANKS GM for making some great exhause couplers. Really, these couplers that we have on the SS's are spectacular. They are well designed and work! I sprayed a little "liquid wrench" on the LT side and they just slide on! Connected right up to the OEM setup and I was on my way. Very slick and very well designed.

After installing and doublechecking the bolts, connections, spark plug wires, I fired her up.

For a car with LT's and a STOCK (catless) back system...I was rather amazed.

Immediate throttle response.
Deeper and raspyer tone
From idle to about 3750RPM's it smoothly jumps up...
From 3750 it more rapidly increases...
From around 4300 it takes off all the way up to redline within a millisecond.

Total top end power. I'm sure that it'll waken up down low once the restrictive OEM setup is replaced with the DT Catback setup.

Points taken away.

-This is a QUALITY, Made in USA Kit.
-Fully Ceramic Coated
-Lifetime warranty (yes)
-No chop, cut, welding required at all...total bolt on in your garage.
-1 3/4" kit, "Tri-Y" collectors.
-No discoloration, noise, leaks, nothing to complain about after almost 350 miles of driving.

Excellent mod, would totally reccommend that all considering Long Tubes take a look at Doug Thorley before wasting money elsewhere. There might be a few ponies difference here and there, but for a quality, Ceramic coated, lifetime warranty, easy as hell to install set of Long Tubes....it's hard to beat these guys."

Hope this helps.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Think you could hold them til I get back to Bakersfield on Friday. I'm having to use my phone's internet and frankly it sucks haha. I'll be able to check my funds once I get back so could let you know Friday night for sure.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Any smell of gasoline? That would be my only concern...
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:19 PM   #6
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
Think you could hold them til I get back to Bakersfield on Friday. I'm having to use my phone's internet and frankly it sucks haha. I'll be able to check my funds once I get back so could let you know Friday night for sure.
I'm working through Sunday, so I don't think I could do anything before then.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
Any smell of gasoline? That would be my only concern...
I haven't had my car tuned yet since my BBK LT's were installed and it isn't any worse than it was prior to the install. I honestly haven't seen anyone with the DT's installed to give a definite answer one way or the other on them. I haven't heard them having that issue though.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:24 PM   #8
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
I'm working through Sunday, so I don't think I could do anything before then.
I believe I'll have Sunday and Monday off work and should be free.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:43 AM   #9
2010SSRSM6

PM's answered.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #10
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Are you possibly free sometime on Monday?
Old 09-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #11
2010SSRSM6

I should be free after 10am.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #12
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

I think I'm going to take them, I'll PM you when I get home and let you know for sure, thanks.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:04 AM   #13
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

PM sent!
Old 09-17-2010, 01:12 AM   #14
jay11

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
PM sent!
so do you wanna see my car this weekend so you can get a cam too??? hahhahaha..................
jay11 is offline   Reply With Quote