Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-09-2020, 01:04 PM   #15
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmn View Post
Realistically for our cars engine size, twins are better suited. It’s hard to get a single turbo that is big enough in the engine bay without major reconfigurations. That’s why there are no cookie cutter kits available. Hurons single kit (which I have and is very nice) is only sized for a T4 frame. You can put 2 T4s under their (or AGPs twin bottom mount kit).

There is a single kit AND turbo in the classifieds for an unbeatable deal right now.
Exactly.... This is twin 76/75’s with T4 housings mounted underneath. It’s damned tight and this is a custom kit but it can be done....

None of this hangs below the frame rails.... We actually have skid plates that mount to the bottom of the frame rails to protect everything....
Attached Images

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:20 AM   #16
BenZumeri

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
I haven't done any FI on my car but when I do it will be twin turbos. My reasoning is AGP makes a great kit, twins typically spool faster than a single and I want the ability to select power (boost) on fly. Turbos you can cruise around on spring pressure at whatever power level that may be for your build and someone or something comes along that requires way more power and at the turn of a knob or a few presses of a button you have more power.
I’ve heard a lot of good things about that kit probably going to end up getting the AGP thanks!
BenZumeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:22 AM   #17
BenZumeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Exactly.... This is twin 76/75’s with T4 housings mounted underneath. It’s damned tight and this is a custom kit but it can be done....

None of this hangs below the frame rails.... We actually have skid plates that mount to the bottom of the frame rails to protect everything....
Looks awesome thanks for showing what you’ve done I can see that it’s been done and successfully I’ve had people say twins just won’t fit while functioning well
Old 09-10-2020, 08:23 AM   #18
BenZumeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnmn View Post
Realistically for our cars engine size, twins are better suited. It’s hard to get a single turbo that is big enough in the engine bay without major reconfigurations. That’s why there are no cookie cutter kits available. Hurons single kit (which I have and is very nice) is only sized for a T4 frame. You can put 2 T4s under their (or AGPs twin bottom mount kit).

There is a single kit AND turbo in the classifieds for an unbeatable deal right now.
Yeah not really feeling the single turbo I’d really like to throw a twin turbo kit in there, thanks!

Tags
ls3, ls3 5thgen, turbo, twin turbo