Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 07-15-2017, 03:57 PM   #15
mightyusaid

Drives: Burgundy camaro, 1LT
I would love to know if there are any sensors instead of a camera that I can buy for the front.
mightyusaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:33 AM   #16
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyusaid View Post
I would love to know if there are any sensors instead of a camera that I can buy for the front.
Curb Alert. I have one, works OK once set properly. Lots of thread discussions on this one.

That said, I would have preferred a front camera if the costing was similar and it was something easy for DIY. Curb alert installation was pretty easy. I have my sensor installed on my Sho n Sto mount bracket and did have some road debris kick up and break the sensor housing where the henge is. It stopped working and I found it just hanging by it's cables underneath the car. Can see the impact mark where something impacted it, like a rock or something. I have half assed super glued it back together for now until I figure out something besides buying a new sensor replacement at almost the cost of a new full unit!
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:38 AM   #17
burnningice

Drives: 2016 SS Mosaic Black
What did it cost to add the curb alert?
burnningice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 09:44 AM   #18
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnningice View Post
What did it cost to add the curb alert?
I believe it was in the $150 range. I had it on within weeks of taking delivery of mine. Put it on right after my CAGs eliminator went on.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:17 AM   #19
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Quote:
I don't want to name drop right now. Once I feel that the system will work flawlessly, I will. They are still working out some Kinks.
I am really interested in that kind of solution. A camera which works with the Nav-screen.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:47 AM   #20
soldes

Drives: car
Interested and subscribed !
soldes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:20 AM   #21
soldes

Burningice, how's the system working out for ya? A lot of people are curious about the components used
Nick
Old 08-08-2017, 09:24 AM   #22
burnningice

Sorry guys been busy building my own Camaro parts company. The product that I am currently using is fighting me. I'm trying to see if it is a defective product or just a defective unit. I don't want to promote something that will cause everybody else headache. I will say that every time that I go into reverse and then shift to first gear to go forward the front camera triggers and is active up to 10 miles per hour. The problem that I am experiencing currently is that I cannot manually turn the camera on. Which isn't detrimental but would be nice. Also the product that I am testing allows me to put side cameras on as well that are activated when you hit the turn signal. It's a pretty nice feature.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:16 PM   #23
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
well hurry up. I need that shit now!!!
Old 08-08-2017, 12:54 PM   #24
soldes

Thanks for the reply, I'm anxious as welll. Not that it will help but I just scratched my rim on a curb at the gas station 15 miles from home after a 600 mile trip in one stretch (been driving Ram's for the last 9 years)
Nick
Old 09-10-2017, 05:47 PM   #25
LtColumbo

Drives: 2017 1LT RS V6 A8, 2020 Fusion
A local installer called NAV-TV and was told that the GM UNI-CAM KIT629 would be the correct unit to use with the 7" screen, even though it does not say so on their website. Can anyone actually confirm this works with the 7" screen??
LtColumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:23 PM   #26
burnningice

I would be willing to test this if nav-tv ever returned our phone calls. But apparently they are too busy. This other company that I'm testing out apparently is completely useless as well. It has been damn near three months for me to get a functioning product. I do not recommend this company.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:18 PM   #27
Peterko

Drives: Camaro 6,2 AT 1LE
I have real experience with Navtool modul. I finalize installation last week. I have 2 line cam and 1 front cam. rear cam I deactivated. everything work fine but: modul work fine with can-bus, automatically shows cam after turn switch, problem is manually switch input video signal. Camaro don't have Menu button as have other Chevy cars( short press switch video signals from cams) . i must install individual button for switching video signals.manual switch on/off is working by long press Back button. second problem is that I have white 4mm line in right site of display when I try mirror iphone via hdmi interface. I asked support of nevtool about this issue, but they sad that it's question of hdmi signals no navtool modul. hmm:-(
Peterko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:12 PM   #28
burnningice

This is the same unit that I am trying to get to work correctly. Everything worked well for about 2 weeks and then the command by holding the back button 3 seconds no longer works. I was told I installed it incorrectly but there is no way that is possible. I could throw out that I am a mecp master technician and how many years of experience I have installing similar products but this is a literal plug-and-play install. No install splicing required if you are just adding a front camera. They have tried to shoot me two additional units but for some reason UPS has lost both units. I'm getting very frustrated with them. I have been doing this for several months now.