Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #15
Superjoe

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
I just ordered the non nav mylink. Does the head unit stay on BT after you turn the car off or does it default to another source when you turn the car back on? Most stereos switch back to radio because it can't immediately see the BT source which is really annoying to me. Dodges UConnect is so much better in my very limited experience.
Superjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:35 AM   #16
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superjoe View Post
I just ordered the non nav mylink. Does the head unit stay on BT after you turn the car off or does it default to another source when you turn the car back on? Most stereos switch back to radio because it can't immediately see the BT source which is really annoying to me. Dodges UConnect is so much better in my very limited experience.
The ignition has four modes. Off mode, accessory mode, running mode, starting mode. When you leave it in Accessory mode after turning off the car the BT still works. If you turn the ignition off and don't open the door the BT still works.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #17
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
How did you mount it? I have this suction cup with movable arm thingy. It works rather well. I mounted it immediately right of my rear-view mirror.

CRT,

For now I just lay it in a cupholder. I plan on getting something like you have,but haven't decided which yet. Does your USB reach all the way up there to the windshield? I like to use my MP3s a lot.

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #18
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
CRT,

For now I just lay it in a cupholder. I plan on getting something like you have,but haven't decided which yet. Does your USB reach all the way up there to the windshield? I like to use my MP3s a lot.

Tara
No. And that's the problem. Not an ideal setup .... Yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:22 AM   #19
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Do these cars support over 8gb usb indexing yet?
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #20
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooley View Post
The gas feature tells you the price of regular gas ( in a car that runs premium..really?) and the distance to the gas stations. There is also an arrow which gives a general direction.
FYI in the options you can change the default to premium.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #21
nshuff

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
the voice comomands in the car allow you to control virtually every feature of the mylink system while driving. You can get directions, change directions, change audio inputs, tune to specific stations of xm/am/fm, you can even tell it to turn the screen off so it's not as bright at night time. The voice controls work pretty well compared to other systems i've tried.
nshuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #22
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nshuff View Post
the voice comomands in the car allow you to control virtually every feature of the mylink system while driving. You can get directions, change directions, change audio inputs, tune to specific stations of xm/am/fm, you can even tell it to turn the screen off so it's not as bright at night time. The voice controls work pretty well compared to other systems i've tried.
I agree. The voice command works very good and pretty much allows complete control of the Mylink system. Also, the Onstar app Remotelink has some pretty cool features as well.

OP - I have the non-nav Mylink and can't complain because I use my smart phone for navigation and weather, so it doesn't bother me at all.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote