Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 11-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #15
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
Yo ...collectors... there is a 2002 with only 3000 miles in the Chevy Dealer in Kelowna BC. It's a loaded red rag top.
Nice I have my eye on the 2002 Tom Henry GMMG car on Ebay right now this is the 3rd time it's been posted in as many months hoping to maybe get it for low 20's
Old 11-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #16
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Can't recall the price but it is in the showroom and may be on the web site? Don Folk Chevrolet. Remember your dollar buys 1.10 up here.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #17
mjwaldschm

Drives: 2001 Camaro Convert
Send a message via AIM to mjwaldschm
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Zedder View Post
Not for a long while. We have only produced a handful for dealer showrooms and publications, hand built as most of the equipment isent up and running yet.
So when are those handful going to start making the car show circuits or showing up in the dealer showrooms? Would be nice to have an idea of what it will actually look like and what will be the order options. I know they did some sort of presentation to certain dealers but no pictures were allowed.

I seriously doubt I will be unhappy. But if for some reason the color choices/options are heavily constrained I would just buy a coupe right now. Because the waiting is starting to kill me. And buying a couple now and then a vert later isn't in our budget. So not an option for my situation.
mjwaldschm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:30 PM   #18
Callaway Chris

Drives: Callaway Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwaldschm View Post
So when are those handful going to start making the car show circuits or showing up in the dealer showrooms? Would be nice to have an idea of what it will actually look like and what will be the order options. I know they did some sort of presentation to certain dealers but no pictures were allowed.

I seriously doubt I will be unhappy. But if for some reason the color choices/options are heavily constrained I would just buy a coupe right now. Because the waiting is starting to kill me. And buying a couple now and then a vert later isn't in our budget. So not an option for my situation.
Any updates????
Callaway Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #19
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
There was two companies showing Vert conversions at SEMA this year. The first set of pics off the Yellow Camaro was built by DropTopCustoms.com . Very clean and good fit, and interesting story about company pull their website. The second car, the black one was not so impressed with.
Attached Images

TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #20
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
I'm sorry, but if GM puts out the new 2011 Caramo convertible and it look's anything close to the fit/finish of these two conversions....I'll probably just opt for the coup.:( Hell, after enduring the wait for the vert after watching all the other C5 members enjoying theirs for a whole 2 years sooner I may be so mad as to buy a chally!!

I realize that the after market production of these are probably VERY time consuming and difficult, I still think a better "finish" is needed if I was to consider it; especially for the additional cost involved.

I'm just hope someone in the know would put out some pics and specs on the 2011 vert. If their setting up production equipment for them in Jan 2010, they should certainly have some idea what they'll look like OR when we can expect to see the first one off the production line. Till then, I'll just wait and hope for the best
pony is offline   Reply With Quote