Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-19-2023, 02:03 PM   #1
PowerKong

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2019 2ss Red Hot
Help with Oracle BC1 Controller Electrical Setup

To start, I have a stock 2019 Camaro 2ss.
I bought an Oracle ColorShift Underglow LED Strip product, and it was recommended that I buy the Oracle BC1 ColorShift controller. The BC1 controller was labeled as being 10A. I’m nothing of an electrician, and neither is my dad, but after some googling we came to the conclusion that the battery was in the trunk of the car, and we assumed that we needed to connect it to the battery. After getting to the battery, we saw two connection slots with the options seeming to be 350A and 200A. We connected the red line of the BC1 controller to the 350A section, which worked fine and did light up the LED strips that we connected to the BC1 controller for a while, but later the lights randomly stopped working. Upon further inspection, the fuse in the BC1 controller’s red line had blown. I hope that all made sense, and the question is: does anyone know of a better place to connect this 10A connector to the Camaro’s battery or another way to get power to the BC1 controller? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can provide any and all information necessary to help.

PS. I am 100% new to this forum page and I’m very sorry if I am not abiding by a rule that I may have over looked or missed.

Last edited by PowerKong; 01-19-2023 at 03:39 PM.
PowerKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 04:10 PM   #2
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
First off, welcome!
I don’t think I have a definitive answer for you but, I would suggest connecting to one of the fuse panels before I would go directly to the battery.
Old 01-19-2023, 09:03 PM   #3
PowerKong

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2019 2ss Red Hot
Ok thank you! Ill give it a look this weekend!
PowerKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 06:54 PM   #4
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
I just installed the 2.0 controller. I ran the wires from the lights to the trunk. There is a a power and a ground you can use that is in the bundle that runs to the amp in the trunk. Red wire with white stripe is 12V, and the black is the ground. That is what I just used and works great.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, electrical, underglow