Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-20-2023, 09:33 PM   #1
dretoven

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Interior Color Swap

Hey guys, Has anyone successfully changed the interior color of their 5th Gen Camaro???

I currently have a 2013 Blue Ray Metallic SS with the light grey and black two-tone interior with gray carpet and gray headliner. The carpet is in pretty rough shape and the headliner also has a bunch of mysterious stains on it as well. I really want to go with an all black interior and I was able to get my hands on a set of black leather SS seats and all the interior trim panel/plastics in black. The plan is to buy new black carpet but I'm having issues finding a replacement headliner in black and I have a few questions regarding an interior swap:

1. Has anyone successfully changed the color of their 5th gens interior color including the headliner? (If so can you provide before and after pics)

2. Can anyone provide recommendations on where I can get a replacement black headliner (non sunroof) for a 2013 SS?

3.Are the door panels on the two tone interior the same as what comes with the all black interiors on the 5th gens?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
dretoven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 09:36 PM   #2
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dretoven View Post
Hey guys, Has anyone successfully changed the interior color of their 5th Gen Camaro???

I currently have a 2013 Blue Ray Metallic SS with the light grey and black two-tone interior with gray carpet and gray headliner. The carpet is in pretty rough shape and the headliner also has a bunch of mysterious stains on it as well. I really want to go with an all black interior and I was able to get my hands on a set of black leather SS seats and all the interior trim panel/plastics in black. The plan is to buy new black carpet but I'm having issues finding a replacement headliner in black and I have a few questions regarding an interior swap:

1. Has anyone successfully changed the color of their 5th gens interior color including the headliner? (If so can you provide before and after pics)

2. Can anyone provide recommendations on where I can get a replacement black headliner (non sunroof) for a 2013 SS?

3.Are the door panels on the two tone interior the same as what comes with the all black interiors on the 5th gens?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
Most of the time the headliner MUST come out via the front windshield. The old one if you dont care about it will be easy just destroy it. The new one... going to be very hard to get it back in. You could try to jimmy it with the front seats fully out, might have better luck but i dont think so.

For carpet, find a for sale model with black carpet, dealership, give them the vin, profit by either a part number OR you can buy from them. Thats how i get my parts if mine didnt have it stock.
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers w/ Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•GPI SS2 VVT Cam w Cometic thin gaskets 10.69 compression
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Infinity 860w Subwoofers in trunk baffle
•Helix P6 6ch amp w/ 8ch DSP and P1 Sub amp
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 09:43 PM   #3
dretoven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo72793 View Post
Most of the time the headliner MUST come out via the front windshield. The old one if you dont care about it will be easy just destroy it. The new one... going to be very hard to get it back in. You could try to jimmy it with the front seats fully out, might have better luck but i dont think so.

For carpet, find a for sale model with black carpet, dealership, give them the vin, profit by either a part number OR you can buy from them. Thats how i get my parts if mine didnt have it stock.
Yea I know the windshield is going to need to come out. I actually have a small crack in the windshield thats spreading that im going to have to replace anyway, I wanted to try to get a new headliner in while the windshield was getting replaced. Do you know of a reputable company that sells replacement headliners for the 5th gens in black by chance?
Old 02-23-2023, 07:59 AM   #4
dretoven

Bump… Anybody????
Old 02-23-2023, 08:09 AM   #5
SSJ2

Drives: 2010 2SS CAMARO
I once had a replacement headliner made for a different vehicle at a trim and upholstery shop. They just redid my existing one, if that helps any?
BBK Long tube headers, Hi flo cats, straight pipe muffler delete with j-pipes. K+N CAI, Soler Performance Ported Throttle Body, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Phantom Grill, MGW flatstick shifter. 3.91 Gears, Ported Rod Mod Intake, ZTA Spoiler, Rohana RC22 20x10 20x11.
SSJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 09:33 AM   #6
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dretoven View Post
Bump… Anybody????
Have you checked the online GM parts dealers. They don't show as discontinued.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote