Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-03-2019, 08:19 AM   #15
Alfdawg

Drives: 2014 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
Drove my car today and one of your questions was about the steering wheel controls. I noticed today that on a phone call through Apple CarPlay on my pioneer radio, the end call button didn’t work by just pressing it. I may have to try long pressing it because I’m not sure if that’s how it’s setup but I just figured I’d give you a heads up.
Do you know how the hazard switch is wired? Do you have to run the wires to the bcm like the unlock/lock buttons? Or is the hazard switch apart of the HVAC control board?
Alfdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:20 AM   #16
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfdawg View Post
Do you know how the hazard switch is wired? Do you have to run the wires to the bcm like the unlock/lock buttons? Or is the hazard switch apart of the HVAC control board?

I believe it’s part of the HVAC controls. I don’t remember 100% but I don’t remember having to do anything extra.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:22 AM   #17
Alfdawg

Quote:
I believe it’s part of the HVAC controls. I don’t remember 100% but I don’t remember having to do anything extra.
Ok thanks. My unlock/lock is on the door so I dont need it. And I'll be happy if my installer didnt have to touch my BCM.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:43 AM   #18
Alfdawg

Quote:
Where does the sound plug go? In the amplified side or the standard side? I have the ba system but I have the fark harness with an aftermarket 4 channel. And I will be leaving the harness in for the speaker wires.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:45 AM   #19
45thCamaro

Quote:
Where does the sound plug go? In the amplified side or the standard side? I have the ba system but I have the fark harness with an aftermarket 4 channel. And I will be leaving the harness in for the speaker wires.

I have the same set up I plug the harness into the amplified side this way you get power back at your stock amp and then use that harness to adapt off of there for your aftermarket amp. It’s probably a good idea to run new RCA’s all the way from the rear of your radio into the trunk but I was lazy and didn’t want to do it. Especially since I already had the fark harness
Old 07-03-2019, 09:50 AM   #20
Alfdawg

Quote:
I have the same set up I plug the harness into the amplified side this way you get power back at your stock amp and then use that harness to adapt off of there for your aftermarket amp. It’s probably a good idea to run new RCA’s all the way from the rear of your radio into the trunk but I was lazy and didn’t want to do it. Especially since I already had the fark harness
Ok thanks you been a big help. I got the dash kit with the knobs already on there and the pioneer nex 4500. I'll post pics when I get it installed.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:18 AM   #21
45thCamaro

Quote:
Ok thanks you been a big help. I got the dash kit with the knobs already on there and the pioneer nex 4500. I'll post pics when I get it installed.

Hey if I can give you a heads up, research the antenna connection. I know I just used the plug and play and my reception is pretty terrible now. I followed the instructions on 5 star car stereos YouTube video but it doesn’t sound that good.
Old 07-03-2019, 08:29 PM   #22
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
just did a nex2300 pac and the fark is a waste if money if you are running rca's...
the chime module that the pac has is a door chime and beeps for my backup sensors i only had to cut out a very small part of the dash the old radio support
so the fark is only good for adding a sub amp to a factory stereo.
the fark don't goto the factory speaker outs it just taps in before the amp to the low signal.
here is the wire harness explained that came from the boston amp that you need to wire up the speakers colors and what they do
blue with black stripe right rear -
light blue right rear +
dark green right front -
light green right front +
gray left front -
tan left front +
blue with white stripe left rear -
dark blue left rear +
cut them and splice some wire from your 4 channel to them
now if you are color blind i can't help you LOL
do it that way and it took me 15 min and i saved 90 buck's but i have was a installer back in the 90's and i have never paid anyone to do my installs for me.your mileage may vary
https://youtu.be/jP28s8uyjVI?t=2
honestly putting it back together with the gauge pack is a pia i had to get the gauge bezel in place and not lock it down leave it loose and i had to leave the radio bezel loose if you slow the video down you will see it not real easy.almost worth paying to have done
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 01:16 PM   #23
Alfdawg

Quote:
Hey if I can give you a heads up, research the antenna connection. I know I just used the plug and play and my reception is pretty terrible now. I followed the instructions on 5 star car stereos YouTube video but it doesn’t sound that good.
How were you able to get the screen to open? I'm getting mines installed right now and the installers cant get the screen to open. I have the pioneer nex 4500. They said they didnt want to cut the bottom because it's so close to the control board.
Old 07-19-2019, 02:38 PM   #24
45thCamaro

Quote:
How were you able to get the screen to open? I'm getting mines installed right now and the installers cant get the screen to open. I have the pioneer nex 4500. They said they didnt want to cut the bottom because it's so close to the control board.

Honestly when I did the install it wouldn’t open. As I have driven it, it must have somehow shifted and now it does
Old 04-14-2020, 05:51 PM   #25
lionssfan

Drives: 2010 2ss camaro
Quote:
I have the pioneer AVIC W8500NEX. and had the same problem. I used a flat file and small rotating sanding pad (removing larger amount of plastic). and carefully filed down the plastic along the whole bottom, careful not to file the circuit board. I found the color of the faceplate plastic underneath is very close to the painted surface. and the bottom of the screen hids the bottom of the faceplate. I've done fabrication work for years as a mechanic, so some people may not want to take this task on.
TVS2300, BTR cam PD stage 3, ID1050 injectors, CHE bronze trunnions, 7.400" pushrods,.660" lift platinum springs, Titanium ret, Zl1 fuel pump, Kooks LT headers, High flow cats, Roto Fab CAI, Corsa exh., Mellings oil pump, HD chain, ls2 damper, all synthetic, BMR control arms, zl1 toe link, BMR cradle mounts, W/bottle relocation, air scoop deflector, Hennessy wheels, two piece rotor, morimoto fogs, DRL harness, coilovers, Heads up install, mgw shifter, slps splitter, slp spoiler, zl1 side skirts, painted strips, debadged, tinted, 2018 emblems.

Edit Signature
lionssfan is offline   Reply With Quote