Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-17-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
Pappaprime

Drives: 2014 camaro
2014 lfx TPS wire location and color

Im sorry for asking this but I just spent an hour searching and could not find an answer. I decided to buy a Zex kit and the instructions say to hook the white wire to the purple wire on the TPS. Im not the swuftest when it come to this but on the bottom of the throttle body is a plug with 5 wires and where the purple one should be is none. Am i looking at the right connector. What color is the wire on the 2013-2014 suppose to be. The batteries in my meter busted and funked out. I am hoping someone can help without me having to go buy another meter. As always thanks in advance.
Pappaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #2
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Instrument Panel/Center Console Component Views

Behind the Instrument Panel Components

Zoom and Print Options

1 - F105 Passenger Instrument Panel Air Bag

2 - K77 Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (W/O BTV)

3 - B22 Brake Pedal Position Sensor

4 - X84 Data Link Connector

5 - X51A Fuse Block - Instrument Panel

6 - B25B Clutch Pedal Position Sensor (MV5/M10)

7 - B107 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor

8 - A11 Radio

9 - B39 A/C Evaporator Temperature Sensor

10 - K73 Telematics Communication Interface Control Module (UE1)

11 - T4S Wireless Communication Antenna - Bluetooth (UPF)

12 - C3 Telematics Communication Interface Control Module Battery (UE1)
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #3
etmx183

Component Connector End Views

B107 Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor

Zoom and Print Options

Zoom and Print Options

Zoom and Print Options

Old 04-18-2014, 02:36 PM   #4
etmx183

The wire you need is NOT under the hood on the throttlebody under the dash on the pedal
Old 04-18-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
Pappaprime

I spoke with zex this morning. According to them i do need the wire at the throttle body. The signal i need is open throttle blade not pedal depressed. The torque management will keep the throttle closed even if the pedal is fully depressed. Ill buy a meter tonight to check but it looks like the blue/white is the winner.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #6
Pappaprime

Locate the six wires that go to the throttle position sensor. The wires are located on the passenger side of the engine’s throttle body assembly (Fig. 11). Using the supplied red T- tap connector, tap into the PURPLE wire. Attach the red crimp-on blade connector to one end of the white TPS Resistor Wire (Fig. 12) and plug it into the T-tap connector. Attach the other end of the TPS Resistor Wire to the white wire from the nitrous management unit.

Fig. 10 Power Point

On the LFX there is no purple wire. I would like to see a comparison between the throttle body connector of a llt vs lfx connector. I was told by zex that by connecting to this wire it will only activate the system at true wot. Not pedal fully pressed.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #7
Tmbo1

Drives: 2014 RS Camaro V6
TPS Wire Color?

I am having the same problem did you figure out what wire it is ??
Tmbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #8
Pappaprime

Not yet. I got sick saturday and been in bed since then. If anyone comes across this thread i want to clear things up. On all of the other nitrous kits made for our cars you must turn off traction control and stablitrac to use it. These kits hook up to a micro switch under the gas pedal. They will spray when you press the gas 100% EVEN if the throttle body itself is closing. The Zex kits were designed to pick up on the signal to go WOT at the throttle body. Meaning if the car detects wheel spin it will close the throttle and the spray will quit. This why they choose to use this wire. I bought the zex because this sounds like a better set up. I know a GM mechanic who is mod friendly and have scheduled an appointment for him to try to identify the correct wires. Speaking with him on the phone he said that he may have to physically move the throttle butterfly to make the values register. If this does not work i will buy a throttle switch that is in stock at pep boys and use that. I have an NOS kit that i have used forever. Now i may be using it to set up a dual stage. Run the zex at 75 and the NOS at 100. One this is for sure i will be taking plent of pictures and doing a nice power point write up after im done. I just want to study the wiring issue to make sure im 100% sure. Ill keep you posted.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:11 AM   #9
Tmbo1

I am beyond PISSED with ZEX !! Customer support or tech line is no help these fellas need to do there homework . I think I might have the answer to our issue. I was looking at the Tps side of the plug and all six pins are there, I think that if I drill the plug and add the pin in the plug or go to GM and by the plug for the 2010 Tps I will have access to the purple wire which will hopefully have the volt curve we are looking for.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:53 AM   #10
Pappaprime

This was solved on another thread. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346424

i have not tested mine yet. Yesterday I installed everything except the electrical. Ill see if i can post pictures. I will try to finish this week. And keep everyone posted. I am taking alot of pictures and hope to make a diy for the 12-14 zex kits when its over.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:55 AM   #11
Pappaprime

This is how i did mine. I still have the arming switch left and will move the purge to the crowl. Picks did not attach sorry
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2014, 04:23 PM   #12
Tmbo1

TPS wire

I tried using that tach wire did not work for me.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:11 PM   #13
Pappaprime

Did you physically open the throttle blade to program? I have not gotten that far yet. I am thinking of coming up with a control box and harness. I dont want to drill a single hole in the car. I will try to jump it to power just to see if it programs but as i said i doubt it will sense wot from depressing the pedal. Can anyone else chime in on this.

BTW i am ready to install a throttle switch like the nitrex kits have. Pep boys has them in stock for 17 bux.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #14
Tmbo1

I did not just used the pedal.