Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 11-16-2020, 12:28 PM   #1
Azurna

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Hendrix Street Slayer Clutch - Talk/feedback appreciated.

Recently my spec stage 3 clutch has started making what I presume is slipping noises on initial warmup. Stopped all future plans and now the piggey bank is focused on a new clutch.

Stumbled on the street slayer threads and was amazed at the quality and fine tuning that Thomas has put into the street slayers. He took into account everything in our 5th gens. From the 4k lbs to the stress on the slave cylinder. After reading I gave him a call and yes he is still alive and kicking haha. He reinforced my interest in buying one of his clutches. Its more about being the best clutch possible for him over making a quick buck. Mad respect to what he envisions in his products.

"The best is never cheap"

I will be posting a in depth review of his clutches focused more on hard drag racing when I make my purchase in a few months. As I feel the need to launch at 5k rpms often haha. If anyone wants to share their experience would love to hear from ya and pick your brain a while.
2013 1le/M6/Daily CAI, LT, TSP Stage 2 NA Cam, E85, ATI Balancer, Ported Bo White TB, Ported Rod Mod Intake, DSS Driveshaft w/Zl1 Rear end, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings and Trailing Arms, PatG Tuned, and Love.
Azurna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:41 AM   #2
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
RPS clutch can be found here.

https://www.carolinaclutch.com/rps-p...-applications#
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:21 PM   #3
Js2fst
2010 transformer

Drives: 2010 ss camaro
Carolina clutch is a lot less money. I bought mine from Thomas he was clueless about these clutches. Especially for designing them. Until I found out he didn’t he sold me parts that didn’t fit like a five hundred dollar slave designed for a corvette. Carolina clutch gave him credit to pay me back. Thomas said he spent the money ibut he never could come up with the $500 and it has been years. Talk to Carolina clutch. They know their products a lot better. Even at that it is all over the board and not consistent

I know i sound bad bought the spec springs are probably failing, the pressure plates fail.
2010 transformer, vertical doors, 315nt05 rears, pedders supercar coilovers, hotchkis sway bars, links, adjustable, toe bars, bmr poly cradle bushings, 1le control arms, bmr tunnel brace, bmr subframe connectors. Cam 227/239-623-620@114 Mast medium bore heads, sw 1 7/8 headers, cat delete, x pipe, 3" dynomax true duals, fuel rails, fast 102 intake and NW 102 throttle body, catch can, rotofab cai, shifter, raptor custom shift light. Dss drive shaft, 3.91 gears. 492 rwhp
Js2fst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 04:48 PM   #4
Azurna

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2fst View Post
Carolina clutch is a lot less money. I bought mine from Thomas he was clueless about these clutches. Especially for designing them. Until I found out he didn’t he sold me parts that didn’t fit like a five hundred dollar slave designed for a corvette. Carolina clutch gave him credit to pay me back. Thomas said he spent the money ibut he never could come up with the $500 and it has been years. Talk to Carolina clutch. They know their products a lot better. Even at that it is all over the board and not consistent

I know i sound bad bought the spec springs are probably failing, the pressure plates fail.
I heard bad things with the Street slayer twin as well. Believe someone had one fall apart on them. Was gonna steer clear bite the bullet and get the billet twin ceramic as I have plans for more ponies.

I just love how it comes with pure ceramic disks and ceramic on the flywheel. If my judgment is correct from what I've seen from the z28 ceramic brakes it should be one sturdy mofo. I didn't like the lifespan of say the monster clutches when driven hard they work but the material being organic mix weakens the life.

Will check California even though they would turn my car away. Haters hating on cammed cars an all lol. Price wise idk about the best saw others actually updating with black Friday deals recently.
2013 1le/M6/Daily CAI, LT, TSP Stage 2 NA Cam, E85, ATI Balancer, Ported Bo White TB, Ported Rod Mod Intake, DSS Driveshaft w/Zl1 Rear end, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings and Trailing Arms, PatG Tuned, and Love.
Azurna is offline   Reply With Quote