Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-05-2016, 02:45 PM   #1093
Azrael

Drives: 1LE
Yah I disconnected mine after 1 day of use. It was interesting but having no real performance gain it had to go when the novelty wore off.

15' 1LE: CAI / Scoop / LT's / Retro Stainless / Ported TB / Catch Can / SCT X4 / Catch Can / AntiLaser Priority
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:06 AM   #1094
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixt3denied View Post
Unfortunate follow up on my replacement Vitesse throttle controller. So i've had the new "replacement VTC" installed about 5 months. It has been set to SP4. This is lower than my first VTC which i had for around 6 months which was always set at SP6 before it stated throwing CELs after around 6-7 months. VTC quickly sent me a replacement unit.
So the new one has been working perfectly until yesterday. Set on SP4 since i installed it end of July/August. Yesterday i got a CEL / engine at reduced power and Code P2138 (P2138 throttle/pedal position sensor/switch D/E voltage correlation).

It appears the same issue may be happening again, the VTC works perfectly for 5-6 months and then starts throwing CELs more and more frequently until it becomes unusable. If i get another CEL i'm gonna remove the device all together. I'm hoping it was just a fluke but i'm expecting it isn't. I'm wondering if there is a component inside the VTC that starts to malfunction with age..

Will keep all posted...
Re: your post questioning the VTC internals failing with age ...see this thread
Vitesse vs. JMS PedalMax Throttle Controllers
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432675 & my post#13

post#13 excerpt highlights ...
"there have been a LOT of users who have had CEL/REP/Stabilitrac problems with the VTC (mostly with the higher settings) and some that happened after mos of use with mid-range settings suggesting the quality of the VTC control unit is questionable given its made in China"

"Maybe the JMS control unit circuitry is better made with better parts and higher tolerances which would prevent CELs/REP/Stabilitac issuses ?

"12/15/15 - Sent a email to JMS asking is their unit's circuit board made in USA , they said YES "
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 12:12 PM   #1095
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Re: your post questioning the VTC internals failing with age ...see this thread
Vitesse vs. JMS PedalMax Throttle Controllers
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432675 & my post#13

post#13 excerpt highlights ...
"there have been a LOT of users who have had CEL/REP/Stabilitrac problems with the VTC (mostly with the higher settings) and some that happened after mos of use with mid-range settings suggesting the quality of the VTC control unit is questionable given its made in China"

"Maybe the JMS control unit circuitry is better made with better parts and higher tolerances which would prevent CELs/REP/Stabilitac issuses ?

"12/15/15 - Sent a email to JMS asking is their unit's circuit board made in USA , they said YES "

This is pretty interesting. I would try out the jms pedalmax, but after the vtc I don't want to have to worry about going into reduced power mode again and it's a little bit more pricey. I do like how they are at least made in the USA.
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 08:52 PM   #1096
TheLastDon

Drives: 2012 Camaro V6
Just got one of these

I just got one of these and installed it. I did notice a difference when I push the gas pedal. 2012 Camaro V6 LS - have no other upgrades but planning on a couple.

Anyone have and feedback on these throttle controllers now? I have read almost this entire thread before I bought one.
TheLastDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 12:07 PM   #1097
Earle.Barnes

Drives: 2012 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastDon View Post
I just got one of these and installed it. I did notice a difference when I push the gas pedal. 2012 Camaro V6 LS - have no other upgrades but planning on a couple.

Anyone have and feedback on these throttle controllers now? I have read almost this entire thread before I bought one.
I have had mine for many years and still love it.
Old 03-29-2022, 12:09 PM   #1098
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
I still have mine as well. I don’t drive my car much (2012 with 57xx miles) but it works well. I never looked into the Eco mode. I remember when I first got it there was something about not using it but idk whatever happened with it.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 12:44 AM   #1099
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Well mine lasted about five years. Kept getting reduced power and throttle problem. This went on for about a month where it would be fine and then all of a sudden I’d get the error message and have to reset the check engine light. Finally got tired of it removed it and everything’s working normally.
Attached Images

OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 05:09 AM   #1100
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Well mine lasted about five years. Kept getting reduced power and throttle problem. This went on for about a month where it would be fine and then all of a sudden I’d get the error message and have to reset the check engine light. Finally got tired of it removed it and everything’s working normally.
Mine’s going on 8 yrs so fingers crossed. Did you change the settings often and are you going to get another one?
Old 04-03-2022, 01:27 AM   #1101
OHIOSS
Russ

Quote:
Mine’s going on 8 yrs so fingers crossed. Did you change the settings often and are you going to get another one?
No I always kept it on SP06. When I started getting the check engine light coming on I tried messing with the settings, changed it to SP0 and it was good for about 5 miles before I got the error again.

I actually do miss it but not enough to buy another one based on the failures.
Old 04-03-2022, 06:18 AM   #1102
camguynj

Interesting that even at SP0 it caused the code. Must be a circuit board failure. If mine starts to give me a problem I’m going to get a JMS PedalMax,made in America with quality circuit board components including gold pins by an established company with a history & stable of manufacturing electronic performance accessories compared to Vitesse (just compare their website info - there is no comparison). Vitesse is basically a one man business which buys a generic TC circuit board from china, brands it Vitesse, attaches GM harnesses and programs it for a Camaro. It costs about $100 more than the VTC but in this case I think you get what you pay for. BTW is yours a LS3 or L99?
Old 04-05-2022, 10:45 PM   #1103
OHIOSS
Russ

Quote:
Interesting that even at SP0 it caused the code. Must be a circuit board failure. If mine starts to give me a problem I’m going to get a JMS PedalMax,made in America with quality circuit board components including gold pins by an established company with a history & stable of manufacturing electronic performance accessories compared to Vitesse (just compare their website info - there is no comparison). Vitesse is basically a one man business which buys a generic TC circuit board from china, brands it Vitesse, attaches GM harnesses and programs it for a Camaro. It costs about $100 more than the VTC but in this case I think you get what you pay for. BTW is yours a LS3 or L99?
I have a 6 speed LS3.