Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-15-2019, 07:36 PM   #1
cdeguz

Drives: 2014 Camaro V6
Raspy Exhaust

I have a 2014 Camaro V6. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of a raspy exhaust mainly 2500 RPMs and up? I love the idle, just not the raspy noise it comes with. The setup I have is a full cat delete, x pipe, stock res, and muffler delete.
cdeguz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 07:36 AM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
Adding a muffler or two will help. You could replace the x-pipe with a "resonated x-pipe" (muffler + x-pipe combo, such as Magnaflow's 11386), or add a straight-through oval muffler to either side where the factory mufflers were.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 04:05 PM   #3
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Yeah, hit it with the Magnaflow 11386 instead of the regular X pipe. Done.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:16 PM   #4
cdeguz

Drives: 2014 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Adding a muffler or two will help. You could replace the x-pipe with a "resonated x-pipe" (muffler + x-pipe combo, such as Magnaflow's 11386), or add a straight-through oval muffler to either side where the factory mufflers were.
Just got the resonated x-pipe delivered. Will be giving it a try thank you!
cdeguz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:35 AM   #5
BigMoose

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
I ran into the exact problem, I had a muffler delete from a month into owning my Camaro and fell in love with the sound, then had it dyno tuned and my tuner told me to remove to the cats to help with flow, a year later I finally get around to removing the cats and it sounds like garbage. My question is if I put the Magnaflow 11386 on will it hurt my flow because of it being a double in double out muffler instead of two separate mufflers per side like the cars stock muffler and cat set up. Honestly I’ll forfeit some horsepower to fix this god awful sound I’m just curious.
BigMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:04 PM   #6
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I did the resonated x pipe and it quieted down the exhaust to much. Installed a Flowmaster Super 10 dual in dual out muffler. It was way better.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:11 PM   #7
BigMoose

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
I’ll probably try the flow masters next, I had the super 10’s on my Dodge Ram hemi and I loved it. I just jumped on the magma flows because I needed something as soon as I could get it. I am literally embarrassed to drive my Camaro after doing my cat delete it’s horrible, I honestly did not expect it to be that raspy it’s literally deafening.
BigMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:16 PM   #8
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
IMO Flowmasters on the V6 sounds terrible. I don't know how people can like the super hollow sound. The Magnaflow 11386 is the ultimate choice I think, because if it isn't loud enough you can just remove literally everything else and get a lot of volume but still have a decent tone.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:29 AM   #9
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Corsa is the best exhaust for these v6’s. I went round and round until I just bit the bullet on the Corsa. Best decision for exhaust imho. No drone at any speed, no raspiness.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:51 PM   #10
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
full cat delete? thats gonna suck when you have to get smogged - unless your'e not registered in Cali...
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 02:32 PM   #11
RalphGuevara
ZeusRS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT|RS
I’m running Catless American Racing Headers, Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, & MRT 2.0 Axle Back Exhaust but I’m still getting a Raspy sound.

I don’t know if anything will make it better though, I’m still looking around too.

But adding the X-Pipe and an axel back exhaust will make it sound so much better, and even more with no cats / hi flow cats
RalphGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:06 AM   #12
Marklar

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphGuevara View Post
I’m running Catless American Racing Headers
How are you running headers on a 2013? The LFX doesn't have headers...
Marklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:07 AM   #13
RalphGuevara
ZeusRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklar View Post

They're down pipes, the company is called “American Racing Headers”. (ARH)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by RalphGuevara; 06-26-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:08 AM   #14
RalphGuevara
ZeusRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklar View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk