Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-22-2010, 11:13 PM   #15
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackout_Camaro View Post
ordering it right now, thanks guys
Your welcome. I'm here pretty much everyday after school to check things. Let me know if you have any more questions
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:14 AM   #16
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
... did anyone notice that the type and shape of the gun and reservoir is exactly the same between the one listed @ Adam's and the one listed at Griot's, outside of the logo on the reservoir? .... I see no proof that the one from Griot's is made in China....
The gun we sell is built 100% here in the USA, some other company chose to copy the gun and build it in China... if it costs us sales to sell the domestically made one so be it. We'd rather have our morals than more money. We stopped selling the Gilmour gun when they closed their plant here in the US, cost a couple hundred Americans their jobs, and reopened production in China just to save a buck. There are few things in this world you can completely control... your choice whether or not to support that type of company is one of them.

I'm not here to tell anyone how to spend their money, but I personally don't buy products from companies that undermine the jobs of American workers.

Direct from the company that makes our gun in an email conversation we had about this issue:

Quote:
Dylan/Adam,

Here are the facts-
When we became aware of the copy cat gun we purchased one and sent it to legal. There are no ribs on the cap rim where it connects to the white bottle. The quick connect in completely different; theirs is a straight line of 3 ribs, ours is two tier, so theirs is not even close to the same quality. The Sprayer is not even the same. It is obviously a copy, a poor one at that, direct from China.

I'm not in any position to know more than that, but I have been told that legal is continuing to look at what action we have at this point, but as you are well aware patented designs are stolen quite regularly and reproduced in china with enough cosmetic changes to make it 'legal'. Sad but true.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:00 AM   #17
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Unfortunately I have no way to use this as I have to make use of the do-it-yourself car washes. The best I can do is bring my buckets, wash pads, and products. I still manage to keep relatively swirl-free for a non-garaged car.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:06 AM   #18
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
I bought this one http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...rrivals&page=1 before Adam's came out. It's the same thing (except I think this one is made in China) at half the price. I know it is made in China, but it works for me. I'm a 17 year old kid. I don't have the money to buy American made stuff all the time no matter how much I'd rather have American over foreign. It does the exact same thing as far as I know, and I got this foam gun about 2 months before Adam's brought theirs out so please don't criticize me because it's not American. And by the way, Griot's is still an American company. They produce a lot of their stuff here in Indiana.
Quote:
I'm right with you on everything you said, i'm 17 too and 60 is just too high for me
How in the world can you guys afford the payments and insurance on these cars? When I was 17, this was my transportation:

Same exact color too. Try making out in the back seat of that thing. I didn't get my first car until I was 20, and it was a used 1976 Grand Prix. :(

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #19
xBlackout_Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
The gun we sell is built 100% here in the USA, some other company chose to copy the gun and build it in China... if it costs us sales to sell the domestically made one so be it. We'd rather have our morals than more money. We stopped selling the Gilmour gun when they closed their plant here in the US, cost a couple hundred Americans their jobs, and reopened production in China just to save a buck. There are few things in this world you can completely control... your choice whether or not to support that type of company is one of them.

I'm not here to tell anyone how to spend their money, but I personally don't buy products from companies that undermine the jobs of American workers.

Direct from the company that makes our gun in an email conversation we had about this issue:
I completely agree with your companies morals and i think that's a great move for you guys! Being 17 though its hard to spend 60 on a foamer when that money could go to your other soaps! I will assure you though when I can i will be being THE actual Adams foaming gun!
xBlackout_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #20
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
used my new adams gun yesterday for the first time too. Love it!
Suspension: BMR Trailing Arms and Bushings, FE6 Swaybar Conversion With Pedders 27mm Front and 32mm Rear ZL1 Swaybars and Links
Chassis: Hotchkis Chassis Max Brace, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings
Exterior:: Shine by Adam's.
...and plenty more
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #21
svrds10

Drives: 2SS/RS M6 Wht/Slvr ext Wht/Gry int
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliwrench View Post
used my new adams gun yesterday for the first time too. Love it!
I agree. The Adams Foam Gun is a ton of fun and works great.

'10 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS - Summit White W/ Silver Stripes
'
09 Dodge Challenger R/T - Hemi Orange
svrds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #22
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
I completely agree with your companies morals and i think that's a great move for you guys! Being 17 though its hard to spend 60 on a foamer when that money could go to your other soaps! I will assure you though when I can i will be being THE actual Adams foaming gun!
No worries man... you gotta do what you gotta do.

I was 17 at one point too... 13 years ago (ouch that hurts!) and had just enough money to pay the note on my lifted s-10, cover the insurance, put some gas in the tank, and if I was lucky I had enough left over to buy some detail supplies to earn some side coin which I would either blow on more stuff for the truck or trying to impress girls on dates. LOL... if only I knew how good I had it back then!!

I just want people to understand why ours is priced as it is and that its a different gun... how people choose to spend their money is their business.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #23
FloydSummerOf68

Drives: Corvette
How does it differ from one of the Gilmour guns?

I wouldn't be against getting another foam gun if it's better
FloydSummerOf68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #24
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68 View Post
How does it differ from one of the Gilmour guns?

I wouldn't be against getting another foam gun if it's better
I wouldn't say that one gun is better than the other, it's just how Gilmore has shut down their US operation and moved their production overseas. Those are your fellow Americans who are out of a job and buying a Gilmore foam gun now is supporting another country's economy during a time when our economy needs all the help it can get.

We are one of the most powerful nations on the planet and their is no need that we should be in the shape we are in. We can change that 1 purchase at a time, if we commit to buying American. It ain't always possible and definitely not the cheapest way to go but if you don't realize that all of our jobs are actually tied to one another, economics will one day visit your doorsteps. United we stand, divided we fall. It ain't a slogan that sounds good, it's our reality.

Ask the Romans.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #25
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
How in the world can you guys afford the payments and insurance on these cars? When I was 17, this was my transportation:

Same exact color too. Try making out in the back seat of that thing. I didn't get my first car until I was 20, and it was a used 1976 Grand Prix. :(
rich parents

all i can say cuz i don't know everyone's situation, but when i was in HS, those who got brand new cars at 16 didn't appreciate anything, always looking for a handout from mommy and daddy, went off to college and either dropped out or ended up pregnant without know who the baby daddy was.

i'm glad i had to buy my first car with my own hard-earned money... i'm 23 now and have 3 cars that i baby with my Adam's products: 2010 camaro ss, 2010 silverado, and my wife drives a 2006 SRX

sorry, went off on a tangent, but yeah the new Adam's foam gun is legit

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #26
Gramps

Drives: 2011 1LT/RJT/Auto/
A foam gun...is a foam gun...is a foam gun. I would love to see built in America come back....but if I had a dollar for every car care vendor that demonstrates so called "made-in-America products"...on a foreign sports car...I'd be rich.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #27
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
A foam gun...is a foam gun...is a foam gun. I would love to see built in America come back....but if I had a dollar for every car care vendor that demonstrates so called "made-in-America products"...on a foreign sports car...I'd be rich.
Lol yes. Love that too. It's especially noticeable with wheel vendors. It's always on a BMW, MB, Porsche or the like. Sending the message "spend $ on our American made product, then spend $$$$$$$ on a foreign car to use it on."
Old 09-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #28
Adam's Polishes

We sell detailing products, not cars. If my writeups had that big an impact on the sales of cars I should be charging the manufactures for them.