Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Adams paint correction

Hey all,

I wanted to share some pictures of my scratch removal work from a few weeks back.

I started with a full wash and clay. My paint was already in pretty darn good shape, but I wanted to take care of some scratches and get a good coat of wax.

This was on the back bumper, next to the license plate. Not even sure where it came from, but it wasnt deep at all.

This one was on the passenger side, rear 1/4 panel and very obvious!

So after the clay, I went at these two areas with the orange pad and the swirl/haze remover. After a couple of passes, They were all gone. These 2 little ones took a bit more, as they were pretty deep in the clear coat.

After I was happy, I went over the entire car with the Fine Machine Polish. WOW what a difference. I could only detect a few spots where the finish was scratched, but still... This stuff really brings out the shine!!

Did a coat of Americana and Clear Polish on the stripes. The Americana is friggin awesome! Easy to apply and remove!
The Clear Polish is good, but a bit "hazy" when dry. Im gonna try it again to see if I can get better results.

Here are all the AFTER photos: Thanks Adams!! Great stuff!

Im going to take some more this weekend after another good wash down!
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:51 PM   #2
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
nice job !! could you feel the scratches with your nail ?? or were they not deep enough ? and when you said you could only detect a few places where the finish was scratched , what did you mean,. by the product or ..??
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #3
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Thanks! It was fun, and rewarding!

The ones on the side were easily felt with my nail. If I look REAAAALL hard, I can probably find them. The rear bumper one was more of a smudge/paint transfer from an unknown source.

I just read what I wrote, sorry, its worded poorly. Instead of saying "I could only detect a few spots where the finish was scratched"...

I should have said: Before I started the process, my paint had only a few spots of swirls/micro scratches. But I still used the Fine Machine Polish on the entire car. It made a noticable difference!!

The whole process was a FULL day, and several cold adult beverages. I could have done it more, but I was happy!

Once my wife take her car in to get the body work finished, I am going to do hers too. Its an IBM type color, and too many trips to the carwash. I got tired of paying those idiots so much money to screw up the paint, so thats when I bought a boat load of Adams! Do it at home and save $$!

Jason
Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:21 AM   #4
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Thanks! It was fun, and rewarding!

The ones on the side were easily felt with my nail. If I look REAAAALL hard, I can probably find them. The rear bumper one was more of a smudge/paint transfer from an unknown source.

I just read what I wrote, sorry, its worded poorly. Instead of saying "I could only detect a few spots where the finish was scratched"...

I should have said: Before I started the process, my paint had only a few spots of swirls/micro scratches. But I still used the Fine Machine Polish on the entire car. It made a noticable difference!!

The whole process was a FULL day, and several cold adult beverages. I could have done it more, but I was happy!

Once my wife take her car in to get the body work finished, I am going to do hers too. Its an IBM type color, and too many trips to the carwash. I got tired of paying those idiots so much money to screw up the paint, so thats when I bought a boat load of Adams! Do it at home and save $$!

Jason
lol makes sense . yah its funny how we pay them to destroy our paint lol
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:20 AM   #5
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
That pic is great! Looks familiar to me. I liked that angle myself.

Yours:

Mine:

Old 09-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Great job!!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 11:28 PM   #7
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Very nice!
Old 09-25-2010, 02:31 PM   #8
svrds10

Drives: 2SS/RS M6 Wht/Slvr ext Wht/Gry int
Fantastic job and great save!!!! Adam's products and not done me wrong yet. Best investment I have ever made for my cars.

'10 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS - Summit White W/ Silver Stripes
'
09 Dodge Challenger R/T - Hemi Orange
svrds10 is offline   Reply With Quote