Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-13-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
raqball

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Just purchased from Detailers Domain

I just purchased this kit from Detailers Domain and am hoping to get some tips on use...

http://www.detailersdomain.com/theub...ebeginner.aspx

I have seen all of Junkman's video's and have watched the Adams videos, but this system has different pads (color) and wax....

I guess my question is, what steps do I follow:

Step 1 use this wax and this pad

Step 2 used this wax and this pad

Ect..........

Thanks a TON in advance.... I am a complete newbie when it comes to this process...
raqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
raqball

Tiny bump for some help...

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Contact Phil over at Detailers Domain, hes very accessible and very helpful.

I'd lend my input but I'm not terribly familiar with the Einszett products to be honest.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #4
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
If you look at the description of the polish and waxes, they are as follows:

1 - Einszett Extra (Med Polish) - This would be the polish you use first to rid the paint of damage. It is used on the orange pad. You remove all of the damage from the paint BEFORE moving to the next polish.

2 - Einszett Paint (Polish) - This would be the polish that you follow the first polish with to restore the shine to the paint. It would always follow the first polish and be used on the green pad.

3 - Einszett Glanz (for your last step (wax/sealant) - This is your wax. It is used after you finish with the first two products. It is used on the black pad. Since it is a sealant, it should last for awhile.

4 - Einszett Metallic Polish/Wax (1 step polish/wax) - This is the lazy man's polish/wax. It is supposed to do what the first two do and wax the car at the same time. It is used most likely on the blue pad. I would never use a product like this even though I am lazy as hell.

That's my take on these products going just by the description of the products. I have to admit, however, that I have never used the product line.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #5
DetailersDomain

Drives: Audi S4
sure.

1 wash
2 clay
3 extra with orange pad (if needed)
4. paint with green pad
5. metallic with blue pad
6. glanz wax with black pad
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
raqball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
If you look at the description of the polish and waxes, they are as follows:

1 - Einszett Extra (Med Polish) - This would be the polish you use first to rid the paint of damage. It is used on the orange pad. You remove all of the damage from the paint BEFORE moving to the next polish.

2 - Einszett Paint (Polish) - This would be the polish that you follow the first polish with to restore the shine to the paint. It would always follow the first polish and be used on the green pad.

3 - Einszett Glanz (for your last step (wax/sealant) - This is your wax. It is used after you finish with the first two products. It is used on the black pad. Since it is a sealant, it should last for awhile.

4 - Einszett Metallic Polish/Wax (1 step polish/wax) - This is the lazy man's polish/wax. It is supposed to do what the first two do and wax the car at the same time. It is used most likely on the blue pad. I would never use a product like this even though I am lazy as hell.

That's my take on these products going just by the description of the products. I have to admit, however, that I have never used the product line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
sure.

1 wash
2 clay
3 extra with orange pad (if needed)
4. paint with green pad
5. metallic with blue pad
6. glanz wax with black pad

Thank you sir's, you both ROCK!!!!!! My kit should be here thursday!!!!

Old 09-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #7
DetailersDomain

Drives: Audi S4
no problem.
DetailersDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #8
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
hmmmm....

http://www.bestcovery.com/best-car-polish

Just kidding

Enjoy the kit and be sure to post up pics when you're done, you'll be very happy to have that PC... best investment you'll ever make in your paint care routine.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:02 PM   #9
svrds10

Drives: 2SS/RS M6 Wht/Slvr ext Wht/Gry int
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Enjoy the kit and be sure to post up pics when you're done, you'll be very happy to have that PC... best investment you'll ever make in your paint care routine.
I couldnt agree more

'10 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS - Summit White W/ Silver Stripes
'
09 Dodge Challenger R/T - Hemi Orange
svrds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:58 AM   #10
raqball

My son and I both have Camaro's... Mine a 2010 and his a 2011... Think we will do his 1st... Next on my purchase list is a wash kit and foam gun...