Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-12-2020, 09:00 PM   #15
xXSharkfhinXx

Drives: 2015 2SS RS
I wish I had 5/6k to drop lol

Last edited by xXSharkfhinXx; 01-13-2020 at 09:22 AM.
xXSharkfhinXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:53 AM   #16
rickyrocket

Drives: 2015 blk 1 SS
Keep in mind many people have had timing chain, oil pump and/or fuel pump problems after internal mods
Old 01-13-2020, 09:24 AM   #17
xXSharkfhinXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrocket View Post
Keep in mind many people have had timing chain, oil pump and/or fuel pump problems after internal mods
agreed,it will be my last choice, may or may not, that why i need to know what is best support wise for a cam switch....if thats the case, upgraded oil and fuel pump would be needed
Old 01-13-2020, 09:58 PM   #18
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSharkfhinXx View Post
good stuff, just curious, with speed engineering LTs u say there is no cat option. what u mean by this?....im either gonna keep my stock cats or delete...can this be done....right now i got new pzero tires for car and cat back exhaust...when i get some more money im doing the lt headers next....
With long tube headers you cannot utilize the factory cats anymore. You will either need to get high flow cats or catless mid pipes (off road pipes). Speed Engineering does not offer high flow cats as an option with their packages. The mid and high priced brands I recommended have an option to add high flow cats to your deal. If you don't want/need high flow cats and you're on a budget Speed Engineering is a good header. However, you get what you pay for. Many people have had to dimple a tube to keep them from rubbing. There's virtually zero hp difference between high flow cats and catless pipes so it really boils down to how much exhaust rasp you want and if you have to pass emissions.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:22 AM   #19
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
I am still a fan of the first upgrade being a set of gears. 3.91 for a stick and 4.10 for an auto....

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:26 AM   #20
xXSharkfhinXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by racesloth View Post
I am still a fan of the first upgrade being a set of gears. 3.91 for a stick and 4.10 for an auto....
if I do gears I'm not gonna go higher than 3.73....

Last edited by xXSharkfhinXx; 01-14-2020 at 12:20 PM.
xXSharkfhinXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:31 AM   #21
xXSharkfhinXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
With long tube headers you cannot utilize the factory cats anymore. You will either need to get high flow cats or catless mid pipes (off road pipes). Speed Engineering does not offer high flow cats as an option with their packages. The mid and high priced brands I recommended have an option to add high flow cats to your deal. If you don't want/need high flow cats and you're on a budget Speed Engineering is a good header. However, you get what you pay for. Many people have had to dimple a tube to keep them from rubbing. There's virtually zero hp difference between high flow cats and catless pipes so it really boils down to how much exhaust rasp you want and if you have to pass emissions.

Just did my JBA catback system yesterday(car sounds great), removed resonators, gonna do my long tube headers and remove cats in March but not before purchasing my sct x4 tuner from steve so I can make the adjustments for o2 sensor purposes....

WITH THE cat back system I feel the cats holding back the car....
Old 01-14-2020, 07:50 PM   #22
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Quote:
if I do gears I'm not gonna go higher than 3.73....
3.91 work just fine on these cars and are readily available. I did speed engineering. Had to dimple the passenger side header to pass the frame but will worth the cost savings catback borla atak, no cats. No drone but it is raspy and loud as fuk but only under boost.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:43 PM   #23
xXSharkfhinXx

I'm a rookie, what is drone sound?
Old 01-14-2020, 11:59 PM   #24
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I'm a rookie, what is drone sound?
A low monotone booming sound in the cabin coming from the mufflers. It’s a harmonic frequency from sound waves that are out of fase. Hurts the ears and pisses you off.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:02 AM   #25
xXSharkfhinXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
A low monotone booming sound in the cabin coming from the mufflers. It’s a harmonic frequency from sound waves that are out of fase. Hurts the ears and pisses you off.
ok so ill know it when i hear it...?havent heard this yet
Old 01-15-2020, 08:27 AM   #26
Greenhornet2

You would know. I get it in my pickup truck at a certain RPM the frequency/tone just cuts through your head and rattles your brain.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Old 01-15-2020, 08:50 AM   #27
xXSharkfhinXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
You would know. I get it in my pickup truck at a certain RPM the frequency/tone just cuts through your head and rattles your brain.
wat causes drone?
Old 01-15-2020, 10:26 AM   #28
Greenhornet2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSharkfbrand hinXx View Post
wat causes drone?
The exhaust. Most brand name exhausts spend time making sure you won't get a drone noise. Usually they will rate them found sound decibel level and note if there is any drone. Borla is pretty good as not having any drone. Corsa is another I think. Just find an exhaust you might want then ask around people will let you know.