Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-06-2021, 02:39 PM   #1
Johnny Camaro

Drives: 13 ZL1vert,19 ZL1 vert A10 10/24/18
Worst dealership in SWFL

Ok I bought my 2019 ZL1 convertible from Victory Lane Chevy dealership in Fort Myers FL right out of the brochure bc at that point they just had the refresh that I liked so much.

Then the 500 miles oil change came up and they dropped it from the lift,in 4 spots my platform was dented but I thought I dont wanna have a brand new car fixed (like cut away these supports and put new ones in there, I thought that it would look worde then with the dents in there)
So I choose for a $1500 store credit at the service dep.

All went well I only needed oil changes bc its a great car then I needed new back tires as I use mine as a daily (33.000 miles are on it as I type this)

So the mechanic put them on (I had only one mechanic working on my car after an other guy dropped it off the lift.
He came back after putting them on telling me that the tires aren't right and he couldn't get them (road)balance them well.
He showed me it and yes they were way off so I told him to put back my old ones and I left.

Months later (long story but my regular service guy at the desk was gone)
I walked in for a new oil change at 30K pick up my car and the new guy said sir you owe me $35.00 bc your store credit is gone.
I said ???? yes he said you got those tires the other day and you ran out.
I said ???? No sir I didn't take them I never took them bc they were bad tires.
He said there is nothing I can do its in the computer.

So I called in my mechanic to back up my story and he could recall that,
service manager was called out and still kept repeating nope its in the computer like that so nothing we can do.

As of today I called in again bc I thought we could still solve this and the female owner was on a holiday last month.

Sales manager on the phone ..No sir its in the computer nothing we can do and we here confirm that you took the tires home.
So my mechanic guy was forced from above now to comply with the story that I took them home bc a month ago he told me and the service manager that I didn't take them home.

So now they still owe me $700.00 (or new back tires bc I need new ones again) and they dont wanna work with me not even talk to me anymore.
I told the sales manager on the phone that WHY ?? would I take bad tires home ?? He couldn't answer that and kept saying it is in the computer like this and we can do nothing about that.

What would you guys do now ?
And I know there is that GM Service lady on here right ? What would she recommend bc ok its $700.00 but they basically call me a liar and I just like things to be handled fairly !!
Johnny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:47 PM   #2
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Camaro View Post
Ok I bought my 2019 ZL1 convertible from Victory Lane Chevy dealership in Fort Myers FL right out of the brochure bc at that point they just had the refresh that I liked so much.

Then the 500 miles oil change came up and they dropped it from the lift,in 4 spots my platform was dented but I thought I dont wanna have a brand new car fixed (like cut away these supports and put new ones in there, I thought that it would look worde then with the dents in there)

All went well I only needed oil changes bc its a great car then I needed new back tires as I use mine as a daily (33.000 miles are on it as I type this)

So the mechanic put them on (I had only one mechanic working on my car after an other guy dropped it off the lift.
He came back after putting them on telling me that the tires aren't right and he couldn't get them (road)balance them well.
He showed me it and yes they were way off so I told him to put back my old ones and I left.

I walked in for a new oil change at 30K pick up my car and the new guy said sir you owe me $35.00 bc your store credit is gone.

service manager was called out and still kept repeating nope its in the computer like that so nothing we can do.

As of today I called in again bc I thought we could still solve this and the female owner was on a holiday last month.

Sales manager on the phone ..No sir its in the computer nothing we can do and we here confirm that you took the tires home.
So my mechanic guy was forced from above now to comply with the story that I took them home bc a month ago he told me and the service manager that I didn't take them home.

So now they still owe me $700.00 (or new back tires bc I need new ones again) and they dont wanna work with me not even talk to me anymore.
I told the sales manager on the phone that WHY ?? would I take bad tires home ?? He couldn't answer that and kept saying it is in the computer like this and we can do nothing about that.

And I know there is that GM Service lady on here right ? What would she recommend bc ok its $700.00 but they basically call me a liar and I just like things to be handled fairly !!

Call GM Corporate, they'll handle it for you.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 03:14 PM   #3
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Camaro View Post

Unfortunately, you're likely cooked. You're dealing with a dealership who prefers $700 to a good CSI score.

Most dealer operators spend their time away from the office while numbers-driven General Managers have to control the operations. They're constantly rated by numbers, profits, etc. so they usually nickel and dime everything to improve their profits. In this case, their DMS shows a sale of the tires to you and nothing else can tell them that you didn't in fact receive the tires. Even though you didn't, the policies in place are often "If it didn't happen in the computer, then it didn't happen" to protect from actual scamming customers or staff from losing the company money.

GM corporate is almost sure to do nothing as this is not at all a segment regulated by them. The dealership's idea to give you $1500 "store credit" was totally an independent decision of GM and therefore GM won't really be able to step in. Dealerships are very well protected franchises that truly are more like an independent business with a working relationship to the OEM.

If you really want to fight the fight, get in touch with BBB and file a complaint with the State of Florida. That will get the dealership's attention.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 03:29 PM   #4
Johnny Camaro

Drives: 13 ZL1vert,19 ZL1 vert A10 10/24/18
Thanks for you guys feedback.
I might do the BBB thing or sit outside the dealership with s sign and talk to potential customers to not spend their money in there.
But that's more for winter time her in SWFL lol
Johnny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 04:05 PM   #5
serper3

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
They probably thought they got so lucky too when you told them you would take a $1500 credit when your car fell off the lift.

Sorry this happened to you. IDK what I would have done...
serper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 09:03 PM   #6
DOOREV800

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
why did you deal with the mechanic and not the service writer when the tire issue arose? Did you not have to sign paper work to get the keys handed back to you before you left the dealer on that visit? I can see talking to the mechanic but to get keys back I have to always talk to service and sign paperwork to get keys....
Old 08-06-2021, 09:50 PM   #7
StanZL1

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
1) Call GM Corporate.
2) Goto to Estero Chevy from now on. A little further, but better people IMO.
Victory Layne is just adequate for oil changes.

I drive 30miles across Detroit for a trusted Service Rep & trained technicians, but even those guys forgot to bleed my S/C circuit after fluid change and junior tech ‘rotated’ my tires front to back for free! “Um, what’s wrong with this picture, dude?”
StanZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 03:59 AM   #8
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Man oh man. Well, first, you are 1000 times better than me when it came to them dropping the car off a lift. Since killing someone is illegal, a whole new car for what my old payment was would have been the only answer.

As far as the credit/tire thing. Again, man... they just suckered you good. They pretty much dropped your car off a lift and didn't get you that credit. I guess try corporate but as others have stated, this is mostly an "in house" deal and not a GM deal. Your only hope is if you have something in writing about the tires
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 06:56 AM   #9
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
You made a mistake when you accepted the 1500 store credit!!
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 06:58 AM   #10
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
As stated above, GM “corporate” is not likely to do a thing. The dealer is an independent franchise. These are dealer decisions/issues, not GM issues. There is a difference. Make it clear you will make it your life’s purpose to give them bad reviews. The BBB is a a good start.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 07:49 AM   #11
Wierd Harold

Drives: 2017 2lt rs
Feel for you . don't accept verbal agreement from now on,"because it's not on the computer"Definitely not an honest dealership
Wierd Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 08:05 AM   #12
Spaceme1117

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS, 2011 Corvette GS
1st mistake = Going to a dealership for ANYTHING.

2nd mistake = Not getting agreement in writing.

Cut your loses, find a good non-dealership place to service your car or better yet do your own work.
Spaceme1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 08:16 AM   #13
10mm
Account Suspended

Drives: My wife nuts...
Just thinking out loud here,
Would going to a Cadillac dealer make a difference
in quality of service ?????
10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 08:25 AM   #14
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Maybe and maybe not. Some Cadillac dealers wouldn’t work on a Chevy and if the Cadillac dealership sells Chevrolets or vice versa, then you are still getting the same techs that work on both brands.