Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-28-2011, 09:30 PM   #15
sstaub

Drives: 1lt 2011 Black Camaro
thanks. i know that its the hardest color to keep clean. but i think that it looks the best on the camaro and it will give me an excuse to spend more time working on her
sstaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:30 PM   #16
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstaub View Post
i was thinking about the red it looks good with black. Mysteek are any of the things you listed void your warranty with your dealer? and have you tinted yours yet cause i was wondering on pricing?
Nope!! Nothing is voided because I haven't touched the mechanical aspects of it. Yes I love the red and black combo. People tell me my car looks like a black widow and it's mean looking. When you get used to posts on here there is one guy named PQ that has his car in his sig and he has the red hood spears and the red grill on the front of his car. I would lilke to do that too!! I have pics of my tint and my spears, bad shots, but they are there. I will post my spoiler when that gets put on. The spoiler is getting installed by my dealership and since I got it from another dealership it will be covered by my warranty so that's a plus!! Yes, I have my windows tinted. It cost me $140, got everything 20% all the way around and even got the brow put on. Let me know if you have any more questions or wanna know who I went through for my spoiler. I just got the stock spoiler that the RS and SS come with. I didn't want anything big and obvious, my girl just needed more to her backside!!
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #17
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
if you go cosmtic though go with a theme and stick with it nothing ruins a car more then mismached stuff ugh

my whole theme is deception i got stripes badges and so forth and i wont stop i will complete it like

future plan is to replace the OEM bow tie front and back with a metal OEM style decpetion badge and so forth keep a theme and stick to it!

*edit* i was going to do black and red but fate steped in now its silver and black and its going to be bada$$

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #18
sstaub

it the 20% the farthest you could go without getting pulled over? and also i sometimes see tint that looks bubbled is that bad on the person who tints the car or what kind of tint they get?
Old 07-28-2011, 09:34 PM   #19
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Headers, exhaust, CAM, supercharge or turbo, stroke to a 418 or 427, forge all the internals, replace the head accessories, then clutch, sway bars, end-links, control arms, syncros in the tranny, shifter, oh and separate clutch reservoir (if manual), rims / tires, ooopsss almost forgot tint.
Wheewww..... I know it's a lot of stuff, but it will be a lot more fun to drive when you're done and you won't get smoked by a Mustang or a BMW. LOL
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #20
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
it the 20% the farthest you could go without getting pulled over? and also i sometimes see tint that looks bubbled is that bad on the person who tints the car or what kind of tint they get?
depends on your state here is 32% or 30% is the darkest you can go legaly

and if i was to tint my windows i would keep all the paper work in my car so if i got pulled over i could go "here cop im legal heres the proof and work order"

*edit* do some reserech go to police stations reserech online find out whats legal for your aera/state before window tinting smart way and to avoid alot of tickets/headaches

Old 07-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #21
ctinatx

Drives: 2014 SS Sedan
This site has the legal tint for each state http://tintlaws.com/
Old 07-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #22
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctinatx View Post
This site has the legal tint for each state http://tintlaws.com/
thank you

Old 07-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #23
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
Yes, 20% is the darkest I could go without getting pulled over. We have a lifetime warranty on the tint so if it bubbles or starts to peel back or turn purple at any point in it's life I can take it back and get it done for free. Hence the higher price. You will want to look into that before you say "Ok, tint my car"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post
depends on your state here is 32% or 30% is the darkest you can go legaly

and if i was to tint my windows i would keep all the paper work in my car so if i got pulled over i could go "here cop im legal heres the proof and work order"
I get beef from work all the time that my tint is illegal when it's not. I told the guy 20% and that's what he did. My co-workers say it's limo tint, and I tell them I have the paperwork in my car and then they proceed to ask how much I paid the guy to put that down on my paperwork. Pisses me the f&%$ off that they say and do that crap to me!! I have a State Police Officer in the family and I asked him, he told me if I ever got pulled over and the cop insists that it's illegal, I can ask him to pull out his tint template and show me that it's illegal. If he won't then I can tell him I'm going to court and not paying because he won't be able to prove that my tint was too dark in court if he can't at the time of the pull over. I'm ready, but none of them have even looked at my baby twice!!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #24
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
So, if you cross state lines you get a ticket? OMG; Every state is different. Your lawmakers over there must be working overtime, no wonder why there so much debt over there. Holy smokes.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #25
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
So, if you cross state lines you get a ticket? OMG; Every state is different. Your lawmakers over there must be working overtime, no wonder why there so much debt over there. Holy smokes.
That I do not know!! I would think that if you have a plate from a certain state they would be easier on you since your tint falls within that states laws. I wouldn't know, but that would be nice!! Wishful thinking!! I'll have to ask that question. Interesting. Were you talking to me about the debt?? If so, you have no freakin' clue. It's freakin' ridiculous. We are bailing outta here in a few years and heading over to La. This place makes me !!!

My bad didn't know you were from the Great North!! :rofl: Yes, a lot of $$$$ is thrown around every inch of this place. Just ridiculous!!

Last edited by Mysteek; 07-28-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: didn't catch something
Old 07-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #26
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Your better off investing your money in the beer fridge!
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #27
sstaub

thanks ctinatx
Old 07-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #28
sstaub

a beer fridge is promising

Tags