Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-11-2008, 04:14 PM   #85
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
I was going to ask if he was serious.

I mean if the few things that have changed were deal breakers...damn, and I thought I was picky about my cars.
LMAO!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #86
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
The poor boy has had a bad reaction to his medication, and its affected his vision and ability to reason.

J/K Punk Rider! I hope you find what you're looking for.

Honestly, I couldn't ell why I hate it so much ...

Just a general feeling, I really lost that raw and powerful feeling ... looking at the concept, I was thinking "WOW" and couldn't really tell why in details ... now i feel a "YUK" and couldn't tell more ...

General feeling, headlights, the tail looks so much like some kind of an impala of something, tooooo narrow, ridiculously little wheels ...

no, I hate it.

But you guys have the right to like!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
Must be. He is a self-affirmed Punk though.
I won't be the first frenchy to drive a camaro 5 in France!!

shit happens!

ps: maybe I still have some hope ... somewhere ... that changes happen and that the SS version will be a real car

Well ... i have taken another look coz' I felt strange when reading your post ... the worst to me is the face: maybe it's the angla, but it looks more flat, shorter as the tail looks longer.

anyway, likes or dislikes ... my neighbor thinks the El Camino is the hottest car ever so ...

good night yankees
Old 01-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #87
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Punk Rider: I'll bet it's just the color. Give it another shot when they release pictures with another color. Also, you have to remember that this is NOT final.

I think she's gorgeous and can't wait until I have one in my garage.
Congratulations to everyone on the design team at GM!
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #88
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_rider View Post
ps: maybe I still have some hope ... somewhere ... that changes happen and that the SS version will be a real car
Yeah, never give up hope until you've had a chance to see one in person and take it for a test drive.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:36 PM   #89
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
People, people, people, RELAX about the headlights.. we where warned that the actual ones arnt ready and that they have temps in place..

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado C-10 View Post
^They look like fog lights from autozone???

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbodfather View Post
dingdingdingdingding-- we have a winnah!!!!!

all the lamps you see are essentially velcro'd and hot glued in place -- -- so we can continue to drive 'em at night............
See here
Old 01-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #90
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Holy shi- that's beautiful! Very nice! Like the new grill, staying pretty close to the concept, and the side mirrors are great! Now just slap on the gorgeous bowtie and we're in business!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:49 PM   #91
C3GM

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Thumbs down

Yuck?

Maybe those are the headlights for the new Firebird. That would be ok... Whats with the fake hood scoop? What is wrong with that bumper and those foglamps? Are they from a Tahoe? What is that rear-bumper? Is is from Pee-Wee's Playhouse? Chairy, anyone?

Well, I just bought a 2007 Mustang GT. The first Ford in my life, because this Camaro, as I knew it would, bores me to tears after the final version appears. Of course, it could look tons better in person, as many GM cars do. In fact, I find that many cars I hate in pictures, by GM, I turn out loving in person... I still hold hope.

For now, this is my gut-feeling.

I'm glad you people enjoy it, I just think its more bland garbage that was watered down with a big motor from GM, came too late to the game, and is going to get crushed by the new 'Stang and upcoming Charger...

GM has only one car that I drool over. The Cadillac CTS. I m 32 y/o and That car is far more sexy and hot rod like than this entry-level amatuer-mobile. Now I lust over my hot-rod Caddy! Zig!!!

C3
C3GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #92
85convertibleZ28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs cgm M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3GM View Post
Yuck?

Maybe those are the headlights for the new Firebird. That would be ok... Whats with the fake hood scoop? What is wrong with that bumper and those foglamps? Are they from a Tahoe? What is that rear-bumper? Is is from Pee-Wee's Playhouse? Chairy, anyone?

Well, I just bought a 2007 Mustang GT. The first Ford in my life, because this Camaro, as I knew it would, bores me to tears after the final version appears. Of course, it could look tons better in person, as many GM cars do. In fact, I find that many cars I hate in pictures, by GM, I turn out loving in person... I still hold hope.

I'm glad you people enjoy it, I just think its more bland garbage that was watered down with a big motor from GM, came too late to the game, and is going to get crushed by the new 'Stang and upcoming Charger...

GM has only one car that I drool over. The Cadillac CTS. I m 32 y/o and That car is far more sexy and hot rod like than this entry-level amatuer-mobile. Now I lust over my hot-rod Caddy! Zig!!!

C3
Buying a mustang tells me alot about you, and its not good.
85convertibleZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #93
chevys

Drives: 03 Mach 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85convertibleZ28 View Post
Buying a mustang tells me alot about you, and its not good.
Sorry, there were not any 07 F bodies available at the time. Sorry, I could not resist. Its all good.
chevys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:21 PM   #94
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Yuck?

C3
Three things for those who hate this picture (and the one of the rear) to keep in mind

1) Its still only a preproduction and so certain things like cutting out the vents may not have been bothered with
2) Those are not the actual headlights, they were grabed from a parts bin and shoved into place
3) Most cars look boring in white, for the same reason that most cars look intimidating in black. Wait for photoshops to get a better idea of what it will look like.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:24 PM   #95
i3litzkrieg

Drives: custom camaro 95 3.4 v6 300hp
it looks great , those headlamps are just provisional , i have not seen the final production camaro , but as far as this goes , i believe no camaro will be as great as the 4th gens
Old 01-11-2008, 05:26 PM   #96
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
ye of little faith

Quote:
Yuck?

C3
There is a lot that could be improved with aftermarket if you feel the concept is better. The headlights aren't final, and new ones could be fabricated with just a little effort. The scoop is as it looked in the concept. Even if the vents aren't cut out, you could take it to a shop and have them cut, paint, and finish the car how you wanted. Basically, this is the concept in white. I have trouble believing that you think this is horrible when it looks so close to the concept. White isn't a flattering color. Keep that in mind, and do enjoy your Mustang. I'll be rolling around in a Camaro as soon as I get the money.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:32 PM   #97
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
So reading that, and some of the comments, I find it really funny - though not a bad thing, that more than a few folks actually like the 'horrible' headlights!
You can say that again! I almost died when I read half the people like them! The real ones are much better though, don't worry! And if you like it at all in white you're going to LOVE it in black! (ever seen a white base Mustang?)
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #98
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
hmmm. Maybe I shouldn't have said what I said about negative comments. Friggen' karma . But darn, you haters are passionate about...well...hating!?! You know that's not healthy for you, right? I'm betting that the majority of the reason you two h*te this car is because you are taking it for final production version...as you see it...in this flat white. BAD idea.

Well...then again, maybe you're not part of the 90% of people who love this car. Sorry.

Anyways, IF you don't like it; I for one don't want to hear it called garbage, or an "amateur-mobile"...because you are 120% wrong, no matter how you slice it. And it hurts my feelings, sort of.;p