Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #43
BAPD77

Drives: 2013 Yellow ZL1/2015 Z51 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Don't kid yourself... the technology in the zl1 is far beyond what is available for any SS from any vendor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Again, we are not saying its a zl1 but his ridiculous statement that it isnt anything like a zl1 is absurd. Almost every upgrade on the 1le is taken from the zl1! It does have numerous similarities to the zl1....same fuel pump, wheels, tires from front. Shifter, steering wheel, toe links, rear shocks, wheel bearings, transmission coolong system and numerous others. The list goes on. It is LIKE a zl1.
BAPD77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:47 AM   #44
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAPD77 View Post
Again, we are not saying its a zl1 but his ridiculous statement that it isnt anything like a zl1 is absurd. Almost every upgrade on the 1le is taken from the zl1! It does have numerous similarities to the zl1....same fuel pump, wheels, tires from front. Shifter, steering wheel, toe links, rear shocks, wheel bearings, transmission coolong system and numerous others. The list goes on. It is LIKE a zl1.
Not sure why having an awesome 1LE equipped SS Camaro is not enough.

It is not like a zl1... they are both Camaros and are both cars and I am sure that all Camaros share hundreds of parts... but the talk that an SS with the 1LE is in the same league as a zl1 because there are shared parts or is like a zl1 is

Can't believe we are having this discussion again. The real point is that the SS with the 1LE stands on its own for what it is but again it is not like the zl1.... which is in an entirely different class. It would be like saying that the LS is like the SS... again

I don't expect your mind to change but at least you might get your facts honed..

read some more... you almost have it.... here start here it requires no reading... watch and listen with an open mind... especially around 2:20

And here.... what do they the zl1 guys get for their $16,000 above an SS with 1LE?

This is also VERY useful... main difference... we the 1LE guys don't have a track day warranty the zl1 is in a different class...

SS 8:20
zl1 7:40
1LE 8:00 ish IMO

Last edited by tramtwo; 09-07-2013 at 03:03 AM.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:02 AM   #45
BAPD77

"Like" is defined as having similarities. Ive outlined them above. Were beating a dead horse. It definitely is "like" a zl1 without the blower. Again, ive listed similarities above. I never said it was a zl1.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:07 AM   #46
tramtwo

you win I give... the zl1 is like the corvette

Edit: I hope you go back and at least watch all the videos... our Camaro team is awesome and I really enjoyed being able to talk with them at length about the zl1 I mean the 1le.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:47 AM   #47
BAPD77

Again, you are misrepresenting what Ive said all along.....i did watch the videos. Youre acting as if I said they are one in the same. I merely said there are similarities. Stop trying to twist my words. Again, i never even said they are in the same class. I said they have similarities.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #48
tramtwo

You won... no one says a zl1 is like a corvette even though the chief engineer says that borrowed technology from the vette was improved upon. No one says the LS3 SS is like a vette and they share the SAME motor!

Maybe not you but most who say the 1le is like the zl1 is trying to make this awesome machine more than what it is.

One love, enjoy the ride brother!

Old 09-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #49
ntrimm

Drives: 2013 ZL1. Black on Black on Black
Its for the wannabe ZL1 owners...LOL. Just Kidding
ntrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #50
BAPD77

Quote:
You won... no one says a zl1 is like a corvette even though the chief engineer says that borrowed technology from the vette was improved upon. No one says the LS3 SS is like a vette and they share the SAME motor!

Maybe not you but most who say the 1le is like the zl1 is trying to make this awesome machine more than what it is.

One love, enjoy the ride brother!

I love it just the way it is! Enjoy yours too!
Old 09-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #51
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzle_ss View Post
I asked him for info so that I could read up on the exact specs. I had in my head what I pretty much understood to be a 1LE.. which is a manual SS with npp exhaust and ground effects. That was the info I gathered from seeing other peoples posts and pictures. I still have yet to see a formal listing of what exactly makes a 2014 Camaro a 1LE.
The first mistake you made was asking your dealership for specs, lol. They don't know what they even have on their lot.

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 09-07-2013 at 07:32 PM.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #52
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
you win I give... the zl1 is like the corvette

Edit: I hope you go back and at least watch all the videos... our Camaro team is awesome and I really enjoyed being able to talk with them at length about the zl1 I mean the 1le.
+1 I'm literally laughing out loud.

So what this means, essentially, is that by Transitive Relation (If a = b and b =c then a = c) the 1LE is a Corvette! ROCK ON, bro's.

a = 1LE
b = ZL1
c = Corvette

My 1LE 'Vette.

Wait 'till I tell my Mother.

LOL

CRT
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #53
CrystalRedTintcoat

Gents,

Maybe instead of telling "lay" people the 1LE is like a ZL1 w/o the blower we should say ...

"The 1LE is an SS Camaro (V8 model) with a Performance TRACK Package. Essentially Chevrolet fixed that old perception that pony cars are only good in a straight line in the quarter mile. Now the 1LE Camaro is a serious track contender achieving track times that only major super cars are able to achieve for a fraction of the cost."

I work in a quasi marketing role and this is called an elevator pitch. The problem with "the 1LE is like a ZL1 w/o a blower" you're going to have to explain to 80% of the population what a ZL1 is and what a blower is and by the time you've done that they could care less what a 1LE is.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #54
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrimm View Post
Its for the wannabe ZL1 owners...LOL. Just Kidding
You're not far off.

I "wanted" a ZL1 and could afford it, but I honestly thought the price was ridiculous for a pony car (yes, yes, yes ... I KNOW the Z/28 is going to be more).

My rationale was that if I was ready to spend $60K+ (lift, bay area pricing, tax, lic, etc)on a car I'd just go buy an RS4 or S5 or something like that instead and go for the luxury/power feeling vs. the pure raw power feeling. BTW, I'm **GLAD** I went for the 1LE.

I'm actually shocked by the number of people that bought ZL1s.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #55
CrystalRedTintcoat

In Tram's 3rd video scrub to 1:30 - 1:52. That's the kind of person you want designing your products. He's so passionate about Camaro, Chevy and what he does. No wonder the Camaro is as great as it is. It's like Steve Jobs when he was at Apple. I can't wait to see a Z/28 in person.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #56
ntrimm

Drives: 2013 ZL1. Black on Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
You're not far off.

I "wanted" a ZL1 and could afford it, but I honestly thought the price was ridiculous for a pony car (yes, yes, yes ... I KNOW the Z/28 is going to be more).

My rationale was that if I was ready to spend $60K+ (lift, bay area pricing, tax, lic, etc)on a car I'd just go buy an RS4 or S5 or something like that instead and go for the luxury/power feeling vs. the pure raw power feeling. BTW, I'm **GLAD** I went for the 1LE.

I'm actually shocked by the number of people that bought ZL1s.
Notice I said "just kidding". But seems you took offense to that. ZL1's can be had for around $50K if you don't get auto transmission, NAV and roof. I'm glad you're enjoying your 1LE...I mean SS camaro with 154 fewer ponies than the ZL1.
ntrimm is offline   Reply With Quote