Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-14-2011, 06:28 PM   #43
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizz View Post
Dark times await for GM if they don't fix the clunky feeling of the Camaro, and I'm an SS owner at that. All I know is 1 year+ at 36k and it still feels clunky to me. Sigh. If I could get Honda S2000 crispness handling wise with the power of the Camaro, I'd be in love.
Define "clunky"???

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:44 PM   #44
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
...I hope they aren't just trying to keep the Camaro the hot "new" thing by releasing a Limited/Special edition every 6 months. The GM Heritage Grille, 20''+ Rims, don't make it Special nor Limited. They need to take a bit further....
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #45
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
They should stop and think different like Apple does when evaluating their own products. Don't just change it for the sake of changing something; study what was good, what was okay, what wasn't so good, and improve it. Change it to make it better; fix the things that need fixing. Upgrade the FUNCTIONALITY; not just change the look.

It needs interior improvements. Some weight reduction. Strengthen the drivetrain. Better bushings (they can learn from Pedders how to do this without sacrificing ride quality).

Make the next version a better CAMARO; not just a cosmetic change. This has always been the downfall of Detroit automakers; they start with a great car, then slowly hokey/crap it up with "special editions" etc. until it's a sad mess of what used to be a great car. Just like software companies, they add "features" no one asked for, and ignore fixing the things that their existing customers have been complaining about. The software slowly gets bigger, clumsier, slower... until it's just disappointing at best.

DON'T DO IT CHEVY! You started something fantastic with this Camaro; STAY THE COURSE. Learn from Apple's approach. Study the forums; listen to all the feedback from the people who bought the car and make the next one so good that they'll buy it again. There's a reason why Apple is debt-free, has $60 billion in the bank, and is the #1 tech company in the world. Follow their lead and make the next Camaro the evolutionary improvement of this first fantastic car.
Well put.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #46
wahoo

Drives: Dreaming of a 2SS/RS
Cool to hear but I'll be satisfied with the 2SS/RS!!!
wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:15 PM   #47
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPP View Post
So a future special edition will be a Z-28. That's what they mean with "stay tuned".
I sure hope so, I wish that would have been first, but I can wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Kolektor View Post
Can't wait to see the TF3 edition!
If it's anything like the movie car, I'm already

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
I like the way Chevrolet is thinking.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:19 PM   #48
COPO_Chevy

Drives: 2015 Malibu 1LT; '87 Grand Prix LE
Send a message via MSN to COPO_Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
You've got it all wrong. Ford produces new packages every 6 hours. Chevrolet will wait 6 months.

Out of this thread I'm interested with this:

"Also, the limited edition Camaro Synergy model will return this spring. The model is aimed at V-6 buyers who want performance equipment at a lower price."

Maybe I missed it being explained somewhere else on the forum but I'm curious to know what this will all entail being a future v6 shopper. Nonetheless, it will be interesting within the 1-2 years when I start looking at my options for my future dream car, that's for sure.
COPO_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #49
dgformula2k
lurker

Drives: 2000 Firebird Formula
If they were referring to the XM edition, no performance equipment at all. Its just a stripe, 21" rims, floor mats, heritage grille, and some bits only available with 2LT and/or RS. Although the original PDF brochure did say something about an added CAI.
As far as lower price, well its gonna cost $30K.
dgformula2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #50
Neozyne

Drives: Cyber Gray SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEOhioSS View Post
With that in mind, in about three months there are a lot of college graduates who may want a new sports car.
Yup, just got my new sports car.. graduated in August
Neozyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #51
Shortbus

Drives: 88 IROC Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Am i the only one who thought the IROC line looked ok? I know the power plant sucked...but it wasn't as bad as the Berlinetta...
I thought the IROC line looked great. Much better than the V6 and the Z28 in the late 80's. But I'm biased. (See avatar)
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:44 PM   #52
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
Quote:
They should stop and think different like Apple does when evaluating their own products. Don't just change it for the sake of changing something; study what was good, what was okay, what wasn't so good, and improve it. Change it to make it better; fix the things that need fixing. Upgrade the FUNCTIONALITY; not just change the look.

It needs interior improvements. Some weight reduction. Strengthen the drivetrain. Better bushings (they can learn from Pedders how to do this without sacrificing ride quality).

Make the next version a better CAMARO; not just a cosmetic change. This has always been the downfall of Detroit automakers; they start with a great car, then slowly hokey/crap it up with "special editions" etc. until it's a sad mess of what used to be a great car. Just like software companies, they add "features" no one asked for, and ignore fixing the things that their existing customers have been complaining about. The software slowly gets bigger, clumsier, slower... until it's just disappointing at best.

DON'T DO IT CHEVY! You started something fantastic with this Camaro; STAY THE COURSE. Learn from Apple's approach. Study the forums; listen to all the feedback from the people who bought the car and make the next one so good that they'll buy it again. There's a reason why Apple is debt-free, has $60 billion in the bank, and is the #1 tech company in the world. Follow their lead and make the next Camaro the evolutionary improvement of this first fantastic car.
+1
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #53
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
The devil will be in the details. Do they pull off real special editions or just a few minor cosmetic changes and try to claim it is special. How about a special edition with a 427 in it. How about a full pedderized SS track special that weighs 3400 lbs. How about a line up of GMPP that are the real deal instead of just bling. Those things would keep GM in money for a while. A different color paint and a name change for 5K won't.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #54
RocketCutlass
Property USMC

Drives: 95 Caprice 9C1
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
what other names are in the camaro heritage that are really usable, other than z28?
The most awesomnest camaro of them all, nothing to this day can even compare until the zl1 is produced! Oh yes I'm talking about the mighty berlinetta! Lmao!
RocketCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:25 AM   #55
tsnow

Drives: 12' ZL1, AGM 6M
Quote:

tsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:25 AM   #56
Lawdog1911
ZL1 Dreamin

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 2SS (RIP)
I say they can't bring back the Berlinetta unless it has the funky swivel stereo on the center console, lol

Lawdog1911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jabs