Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-14-2011, 09:16 AM   #71
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
I happen to think it's stunning with Silver Stripes......and you are correct that the 'fire' in the paint on a sunny day is something to behold........
Over all the years and many cars this by far has been personal favorite color combo of all. Sorry to see it go and hope to see a nice replacement.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #72
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Over all the years and many cars this by far has been personal favorite color combo of all. Sorry to see it go and hope to see a nice replacement.
Well said, mine's IBM w/ silver stripes

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:22 AM   #73
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph98 View Post
I am one of the people affected by this and what alot of you are failing to realize is the CAR is more important than the color.

My ZL1 order is now for black rather than imperial blue.

Like I said the CAR is more important than the color.

Maybe to you. But why get an expensive car in a color you don't like?

All I've ever wanted is a blue Camaro. I'd be very unhappy if I'd had to get another color. I dealt with no AC in my Tahoe with an hour commute one way in 115 degree weather this summer-- and a host of other problems with it-- until I found my IBM. Because it was what I wanted.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #74
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
It does resemble a blue IMO-- BMW Steel Blue Metallic (Stahlblau Met.)-- I used to own one. It's definitely more gray than blue but in the right light it looks steel blue.
Nothing wrong with Blue-Steel
Old 12-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #75
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
A damn shame it's discontinued. It's a beautiful color especially in the sunshine. The decision must have been made by the same guy (or more likely committee) that canceled the Synergy Green. I wasn't keeping up on car colors and when I first saw one of those I decided that's the color I wanted only to find out it was long gone. So I got red, the same color as most every other car I've owned.
Lee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #76
Camaroshark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT, 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
This. I can't imagine Camaros without a blue. It's always been an option, and a popular one, at that-- for all muscle cars. Especially Camaro.
I do really like that IBM color... It's sweet.

I bought a RJT but originally my first choice was the IBM.
Camaroshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:53 AM   #77
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
In the case of Oshawa - we have two final assembly lines - that share a common paint shop. We build Camaros, Regals, Equini (that's plural for Equinox) and Impali. We will now be building the XTS at Oshawa as well.
so none of these cars are available in blue? it seems a little odd to have 5 models from the same company with no blue. And i am sure none of these other models will be available in synergy green (and i have not checked but i am sure that the sales on SG are less than IBM). so why wouldn't you terminate the green that will be model specific and continue with IBM that is a classy color that can cross model lines?

I am not upset with your decisions i have my car and actually like the fact that i dont see another just like it every day. I am more trying to understand the decision. I mean even this guys is blue

CHEVY for life!
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:06 AM   #78
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Both the equinox and the regal are available in different blues. Midnight and twilight blue metallic.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #79
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
LOVE my IBM and glad I got one before they were discontinued. I have a paint guy that made a wonderful match with Dupont paint for my quarter flares so I'm not worried about matching paint.
Whenever anybody compliments me on my sapphire & white gold ring I say "Thank you - it matches my Camaro."

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #80
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
Both the equinox and the regal are available in different blues. Midnight and twilight blue metallic.
so if they share a paint shop are they cancelling the blue for these other cars as well? if not then why cant the camaro be painted the same? they share the same paint shop
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #81
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
so none of these cars are available in blue? it seems a little odd to have 5 models from the same company with no blue. And i am sure none of these other models will be available in synergy green (and i have not checked but i am sure that the sales on SG are less than IBM). so why wouldn't you terminate the green that will be model specific and continue with IBM that is a classy color that can cross model lines?

I am not upset with your decisions i have my car and actually like the fact that i dont see another just like it every day. I am more trying to understand the decision. I mean even this guys is blue

CHEVY for life!
Synergy green was terminated a long time ago... may/april 2011

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #82
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
so if they share a paint shop are they cancelling the blue for these other cars as well? if not then why cant the camaro be painted the same? they share the same paint shop
Very good question. I already posed that to Fbodfather. Just waiting for a response.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #83
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
A couple of thoughts.........

We never like breaking 'bad news' - it's never our intention to upset our faithful. That said, there are times when we must.

Someone said "it's sad to see Imperial Blue Metallic go" - and they're correct.......and it was sad to see many colors go away --- over the past 100 years! I was one that loved Ash Gold in the 1968 model year. I hated that it was dropped for the 1969 model year (whoops...Fbodfather is showing his age once again.....) -- but the sun came up each day in 1969, and 1970, and 1971........and I found myself 'taken' by Fathom Green and Hugger Orange....and Garnet Red in the 1969 model year. I was sad to see Garnet Red go away-- but again, the sun came up in 1970 -- and I found Shadow Gray and Autumn Gold.................

It would be so much easier for the Camaro team (and perhaps you, the enthusiast) if we had a dedicated Camaro Plant..........we'd have more say in just about everything within the plant..........and we wouldn't have to negotiate with other brands that are built in Oshawa......

............the problem is that we HAD a dedicated Camaro (and Firebird) plant - and THAT didn't end well, now did it?

The Reality is that this industry continues to 'fragment' - meaning that there are more and more 'segments' -- and more and more 'nameplates' - so even if the size of the 'pie' (the total number of new cars and trucks sold each year) stayed the same, the slices (each nameplate's penetration into the market) get smaller. (and the pie got much smaller back in late 2007-- and it's not growing appreciably as of yet) Sooooo......because of this, it's vital that many assembly plants take on more than one carline.......because it's the only way we can make money on some cars and trucks. (we can't afford to build cars and trucks that we lose money on anymore.....that's one of the reasons why the Camaro -- and Firebird - went away for a while....)

In the case of Oshawa - we have two final assembly lines - that share a common paint shop. We build Camaros, Regals, Equini (that's plural for Equinox) and Impali. We will now be building the XTS at Oshawa as well.

We must preserve the 'traditional' Sport Car colors such as Victory Red, IOM, and Rally Yellow for the Camaro. The problem is that those colors would not be appropriate for the Equinox and the Regal and the Impala and the XTS. (altho we DO offer VR on Impala - but it's not a big seller...) So......we must work with our other Product Teams to negotiate colors that are acceptable -- and being that there are only so many paint lines available, we sometimes lose a color -- Someone asked 'well - what's it going to be replaced with' -- and I cannot answer that question other than to say that eventually it will be replaced. No - we are not getting a 'brand new' set of colors for 2013. Rather, as always, you will see a color go away and another come back..........

and when that happens we will upset some of you.

No matter what we do.

As I've said before - If I could suddenly wave a magic wand and provide THIRTY colors for the Camaro - we would still have some infuriated that I didn't include "Palomino Ivory" or "Tripoli Turquoise" or "Sequoia Green" or "Scottish Silver."

ha! I fooled you - there was no 'scottish silver' - I snuck that one in to see if you were paying attention......

The latest news to upset some happens to be Imperial Blue Metallic.

I happen to think it's stunning with Silver Stripes......and you are correct that the 'fire' in the paint on a sunny day is something to behold........

.........but the sun will come up in 2013 (God willin' and the creek don't rise - and some of the prophets are wrong about the world ending on 12/12/11.... )

I can tell you this with absolute certainty:
EVENTUALLY all of the colors will go away.........one at a time - replaced with something else. And each time one goes away, we will have those who will mourn the loss.

Again - none of us at Team Camaro want to upset you - but unfortunately it's simply in the nature of the Camaro - a nameplate that instills such passion and love.......

No - colors are not what makes a company go Bankrupt...........and no, the Team does not have its collective head up ........OK - I won't continue that response to an earlier post...........

What IS true: The Mighty ZL1 will be worth the wait - even if it's painted scotch plaid.................

Thanks for the update Fbodfather. Please build a 2013 or 2014 Z/28 Black, with red stripes and red interior inserts. That would be my favorite. Thanks, my second favorite IBM with Silver stripes, it's holding me over for now.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #84
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
LOVE my IBM and glad I got one before they were discontinued. I have a paint guy that made a wonderful match with Dupont paint for my quarter flares so I'm not worried about matching paint.
Whenever anybody compliments me on my sapphire & white gold ring I say "Thank you - it matches my Camaro."
LOL! I do the same thing My ring looks like Princess Diana's.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote