Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #687
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Can we top this at V8 Supercars...:biggrin1:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280974
Are you going to be in town?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Lot of cool things going on with you Pete!!
and 99.9% are good!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:53 PM   #688
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Are you going to be in town?
Of course... See you on Saturday..
Old 03-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #689
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Pedders latest Special Build comes from the Special Build Group at GM.
I need to get into your shop and make my Camaro your next "Special Build"
Sapper12b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:35 AM   #690
HaddadMotorsports

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
My next major project....

2014 Chevrolet SS: Performance Sedan with Racing DNA

DAYTONA, Fla. – As Chevrolet’s first V-8, rear-wheel-drive performance sedan since 1996, the new Chevrolet SS is designed to deliver performance on the street and on the track. The 2014 Chevrolet SS will debut this weekend at the Daytona International Speedway as the SS racecar makes its NASCAR debut during the Daytona 500.

“The Chevrolet brand was largely built on the strength of rear-drive performance sedans, yet it's been 17 years since we've offered one,” said Mark Reuss, president of General Motors North America. “The all-new Chevrolet SS fills that void and fills it better than any other vehicle in the brand’s rich history. The comfort, convenience, spaciousness and V-8 power make the SS a total performance package unlike any other on the road today.”

The Chevrolet SS benefits from the proven, race-tested, global rear-wheel drive architecture that is the foundation for the Camaro, Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle and Holden’s VF Commodore.

The Chevrolet SS is powered by the LS3 Chevrolet V-8, expected to deliver 415 horsepower and 415 lb-ft of torque. Also used in the 2013 Chevrolet Corvette, the LS3 displaces 6.2 liters, more than the 5.5-liter V-8 powering the Chevrolet SS NASCAR competitors.

The LS3 is married to a six-speed automatic transmission, which can be shifted manually using TAPshift paddles mounted on the steering wheel. With an aggressive 3.27 final-drive ratio, the Chevrolet SS accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in about five seconds – making it one of the quickest sedans on the market.

To ensure that it turns and stops as well as it accelerates; the Chevrolet SS also features a sport-tuned chassis, including:
• MacPherson strut front and multilink independent rear suspension geometry
• Electronic power steering system, optimized for sport driving
•Standard Brembo brakes, with ventilated, 355-mm rotors and two-piece, four-piston front calipers
• Forged aluminum wheels, wrapped in ultra-high-performance Bridgestone tires: 19 x 8.5 inch wheels with 245/40ZR19 tires in front; 19 x 9.0 inch wheels with 275/35ZR19 tires rear

Handling is also improved by a near 50/50 weight distribution, and a low center of gravity – made possible in part by the aluminum hood and rear deck lid that are 30 percent lighter than traditional steel panels.

“Our goal was to create a car that delivers incredible grip and handling balance while cornering, while still being comfortable to drive on the road,” said David Leone, executive chief engineer GM global programs. “The perfect weight balance and lower center of gravity were a big part of that goal because it enabled the team to tune for a more comfortable highway ride without sacrificing handling or driver confidence while cornering at the limits.”

Similarly, the design of the SS blends performance cues and premium details.

“From every angle, the Chevrolet SS says power and performance,” said John Cafaro design director Chevrolet passenger cars and small crossovers. “The combination of an aggressive rear-wheel drive stance and body-side attitude with the right balance of detail and refinement inside and out are the perfect home for Chevrolet’s V-8 performance package.”

The staggered front and rear wheels, which are pushed out to the corners, enhance the sporting, muscular stance of the SS. Up front, the aluminum hood features a subtle “power bulge” hinting at the power of the engine underneath. At the rear, the tapered, tear-drop shape contributes to improved aerodynamic performance. Premium cues include jewel-like chrome accents, standard high-intensity discharge headlamps and light-emitting diode daytime running lights.

The spacious interior of the SS will comfortably accommodate five adults, with 42 inches of front legroom, and 39 inches of rear legroom. Leather seating surfaces are standard, as are eight-way power adjustable front bucket seats with additional side bolstering that hug the driver and front passenger in tight-handling situations. The SS emblem is prominently stitched onto the soft-touch instrument panel which features two types of chrome finishes – a satin gloss and a bright chrome. At night, the interior is illuminated by ice blue ambient lighting.

An integrated center stack includes infotainment, climate and other vehicle controls. The Chevrolet SS also offers a long list of technology features as standard equipment including:
• Color, in-dashboard touch screen that supports Chevrolet MyLink and the next-generation navigation system
• Bose® Nine-speaker premium sound system
•Color heads-up display
•Push-button start
•StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control
•Forward Collision Alert
•Lane Departure Warning
• Side Blind Zone Alert
•Rear-vision camera Rear Cross Traffic Alert

The SS is also the first Chevrolet to offer Automatic Parking Assist, which provides hands-free parking help. This efficient ‘hands-free’ parking assistant uses the ultrasonic sensing system to detect the width and depth of either parallel or reverse right-angle parking spaces. While the driver controls the throttle, transmission, and brake, the Automatic Parking Assist controls the steering inputs necessary to neatly park the Chevrolet SS.

The 2014 Chevrolet SS will be available in the fourth quarter of 2013, with prices set closer to the on-sale date. When it arrives in showrooms, the SS will join the Corvette and Camaro, whose combined sales have made Chevrolet America’s favorite performance brand for the last two years.

I feel as though we may already have quite a bit of experience with this vehicle, Its about time they made this car.
HaddadMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:59 AM   #691
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
OH exciting times are here!

First off, thanks to Pete's advice. I had an awesome tech at Black Jack Speed shop do an all wheel alignment on my ZL-1. With Pete's advice they were able to tweek my set up to near perfect.
I thought the ZL-1 was on rails before, now this thing goes where I point it and the launches are near perfect.
Second, Pete had some nifty 4 corner scales for autos. So he put my car up on the scales and with 9.5 gallons of fuel in my car it wieght at a surprising 4067 lbs! The ratio from front to rear was almost perfect with the front corners coming in at around 1080 each, and the rear corners 980s each.

Now for the crazy news. Yesterday I had received an email from someone at GM. They wanted to confirm my phone number and talk to me about the COPO program. Within 5 minutes of me sending my contact info I had a GM rep by the name of Jamie talking to me about the COPO camaro and if I was intrested in buying car number #67!
I haven't officially put in my order, but it's a toss up between the colors of White or Ashen grey, and the 350 engine or 396. The 427 is just way to far out of my reach to consider it.
My wife thinks I'm nuts, she doesn't want me to pick it up, but this is a once in a life chance to own something truely spectacular.

So can anyone loan me $90K? lol
Old 03-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #692
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post

First off, thanks to Pete's advice. I had an awesome tech at Black Jack Speed shop do an all wheel alignment on my ZL-1. With Pete's advice they were able to tweek my set up to near perfect.
I thought the ZL-1 was on rails before, now this thing goes where I point it and the launches are near perfect.
Second, Pete had some nifty 4 corner scales for autos. So he put my car up on the scales and with 9.5 gallons of fuel in my car it wieght at a surprising 4067 lbs! The ratio from front to rear was almost perfect with the front corners coming in at around 1080 each, and the rear corners 980s each.

Now for the crazy news. Yesterday I had received an email from someone at GM. They wanted to confirm my phone number and talk to me about the COPO program. Within 5 minutes of me sending my contact info I had a GM rep by the name of Jamie talking to me about the COPO camaro and if I was intrested in buying car number #67!
I haven't officially put in my order, but it's a toss up between the colors of White or Ashen grey, and the 350 engine or 396. The 427 is just way to far out of my reach to consider it.
My wife thinks I'm nuts, she doesn't want me to pick it up, but this is a once in a life chance to own something truely spectacular.

What would you give up to have a COPO and ZL1?

With two cars there is plenty of room to sleep.
Meat is not good for you and peanut butter is cheap.
There is a lot of fiber in dog food.
Too many chemicals and too much sugar in bottled drinks.
Mobile phones are the ball and chain of this century.
Vintage clothing is in so who needs new clothes.

Maybe you should open a mobile BBQ service
Old 03-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #693
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Hey guys and gals, well some of you know that I'm big into my BBQ hobby. If you were lucky enough to have some of it at the last Camaro5 Fest you understand that I'll do almost anything to BBQ something.

So, now that my hobby is starting to become more serious, I'm taking it to the next level. I've done a lot of research and I even went to the fabrication shop that specializes in BBQ pits.

I have placed a work order to have a Pitmaker BBQ Safe smoker built. This is not going to be a normal smoker. I have a surprise up my sleeve and I know a lot of you are going to be in awe when you see me posting pictures of it.

Right now I have the design team at Pitmaker doing some drawings for me so I can get the exact details on paper from my head.

I'll let you guys in on hint. It's going to be Camaro inspired and IOM. Pitmaker has said that it should be done the 3rd week of Feburary, Just in time for the event at the Austin race track!

So stay tuned, I can't wait to show you guys what I have getting made.
Any updates?

Bringing it to CamaroFest?
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #694
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:

Wow... lot's off cool stuff in this post... Made me hungry for a couple of reasons.

How do you get on the list for a COPO... I'll give up a few things to get one...
Old 03-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #695
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:

How you enjoying central Texas... Hopefully I'll get to meet you soon. Pete has said some nice things and I've seen the BBq work you've done for so many... From what he says, you need to open a BBQ place... Then you could write off the COPO as a business expense... runs errands in it, deliver BBq in a damn big hurry.... etc...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #696
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
... deliver BBq in a damn big hurry.... etc...
Old 03-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #697
JusticePete

DETROIT –The redesigned 2014 Camaro SS will debut at the New York International Auto Show on Wednesday, March 27 at 12:45 p.m., EDT.

The 2014 model represents the most significant change for the fifth-generation Camaro, which has been the most popular sports car in America for three consecutive years. The new Camaro will be joined by the all-new Corvette Stingray and Chevrolet SS performance sedan, completing the line of new performance vehicles Chevrolet will offer for 2014.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #698
JusticePete

I'm off to the New York International Auto show.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #699
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Pedders Nation weather forecast
Attached Images

2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #700
JusticePete

It is raining camber plates!!!!!

They are now officially in-stock ready for immediate delivery!

Pedders 581050 Camaro-Dual-Bearing-Camber Plates

1.9 Degrees of Additional Negative Camber Adjustment
18mm Thick Monster Plate
Dual Bearing Configuration
Banded Thrust Bearing for Strut Rotation
Large Monoball for Strut Articulation
Fits All Brands of 5th Gen Coilovers

Pedders 5th Gen Camaro Dual Bearing Camber Plates with an 18mm Thick Main Plate are configured with a banded thrust bearing for coil rotation when turning and a large monoball for strut articulation. Pressed into the upper aluminum spring perch is a banded sealed thrust bearing. The thrust bearing replaces the OE strut bearing and delivers silky smooth operation.

A large monoball allows the strut to articulate without bind. This precision assembly delivers an additional 1.9 degrees of negative camber. Each mark on the camber plate is .25 degrees of adjustment. Combine the adjustment of Pedders Dual Bearing Camaro Camber Plates with the OE knuckle / clevis camber adjustment to achieve more than -4 of camber on demand. As a side benefit, the Steering Angle Inclination (SAI) improves as more camber was added from the plates. Pedders Dual Bearing Camber Plates have been released for production.