Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #15
ForcFed93

Drives: 2001 2500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by roo View Post
What did the Scat Pack run?
12.9@113.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #16
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin View Post
Is there a link to their article? Thanks for the heads up too!
Not online yet.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:32 PM   #17
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
So the Challenger is faster in a straight line, as expected, the 1LE is faster in the turns and the GT PP is a "better" DD. I take that as the GT PP isn't a performance package, and more of a street package. I have no issues with the ride of my 1LE so I don't get what the complaints are.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:47 PM   #18
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Yes, while the GT lost on trackability, very few owners track thier car. And several 1LE owners, not knowing what they bought, have complained about the ride, or gotten rid of the 1LE. Better visibility is a key point, hopefully the CA6 solves this big problem for the Camaro. And the current Camaro interior does look and feel cheap. But unless you have owned a car with a better interior you might not realize it.

Still, none of these cars makes me want to get rid of my '13 1LE. Despite its drawbacks, I still enjoy going for a drive and look forward to them. But I do try to avoid bumpy roads.
Well , to be fair you do see ppl trading or coming from a mustang 5.0 or GT to a 1LE though! Haven't seen the exact opposite yet! Look and feel ok but I would rather have the look and feel of the 1LE steering wheel and shift knob ! And I love the design of the Camaro interior better! I also don't like how the new mustang don't have HUD and Gauges as a option at least!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #19
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yes, while the GT lost on trackability, very few owners track thier car. And several 1LE owners, not knowing what they bought, have complained about the ride, or gotten rid of the 1LE. Better visibility is a key point, hopefully the CA6 solves this big problem for the Camaro. And the current Camaro interior does look and feel cheap. But unless you have owned a car with a better interior you might not realize it.

Still, none of these cars makes me want to get rid of my '13 1LE. Despite its drawbacks, I still enjoy going for a drive and look forward to them. But I do try to avoid bumpy roads.

Well, if very few owners track their cars why is ford worried about making something to compete with 1LE? It's because most are starting to get into track performance !
Old 11-07-2014, 03:58 PM   #20
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyXpress View Post
For the kind of driving that I enjoy it would be the Camaro 1LE all day long.
That being said I'm looking forward to the new Camaro platform that's coming, I feel like there may be a trade in my future seeing that the new Mustang doesn't do a thing for me.
Nice Mustang! Like the color!
Old 11-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #21
Fraxum

Here you go full article posted in post #1. It was very well done with excellent photography and writing. Car and Driver is a cut above all the othe car magazines. They really like the 1LE and published a great article on it before this one. Unfortuantely the Mustang is the better car. The 1LE is a huge blast to drive, even if you can't see out of it. For the money a legend in the making.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382914

Is it me or does that Mustang look bad ass in dark blue with black wheels.

I do like the NPP Camaro is the loudest and best sounding car in the comparo.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:19 PM   #22
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Well, if very few owners track their cars why is ford worried about making something to compete with 1LE? It's because most are starting to get into track performance !
I think though the Mustang is the better choice right now for most people. This could change next year.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #23
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
I think though the Mustang is the better choice right now for most people. This could change next year.
The mustang over the 1LE or the 5th Gen in general?
Old 11-07-2014, 05:35 PM   #24
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Here you go full article posted in post #1. It was very well done with excellent photography and writing. Car and Driver is a cut above all the othe car magazines. They really like the 1LE and published a great article on it before this one. Unfortuantely the Mustang is the better car. The 1LE is a huge blast to drive, even if you can't see out of it. For the money a legend in the making.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382914

Is it me or does that Mustang look bad ass in dark blue with black wheels.

I do like the NPP Camaro is the loudest and best sounding car in the comparo.
Any car is better than the 1LE if you're going by how it rides though! The mustang isn't a real track car with GPP isn't a real track car it's still a fluffy mustang!
Old 11-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #25
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Any car is better than the 1LE if you're going by how it rides though! The mustang isn't a real track car with GPP isn't a real track car it's still a fluffy mustang!
I just think the Mustang has good all around drivability and good performance. Sure the old 5.0 is faster but it has more than a few drawbacks. Like you I will take performance over comfort. But that may be only 5 to 10 percent of the buyers of these cars. Very few of these cars see any kind of track.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #26
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I would think three similar cars with options specifically for track performance would be the criteria for "best car" .....Interior amenities and daily driver qualities would be secondary....

I can see this "competition" between these cars getting off-track (pun-intended)....And when it does, it's strictly a subjective and personal choice, not a "winner" when it comes to track times....
If they ever want to get another car from Ford they needed to blow some smoke up their ass with this one.

They must be getting old when performance comes second.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #27
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Wait ..... Why does this mustang have also the performance gauges up in the middle by the vents!
Old 11-07-2014, 05:54 PM   #28
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
I just think the Mustang has good all around drivability and good performance. Sure the old 5.0 is faster but it has more than a few drawbacks. Like you I will take performance over comfort. But that may be only 5 to 10 percent of the buyers of these cars. Very few of these cars see any kind of track.
Yea, but more and more ppl are heading to the track because GM made it the new hot place to to go!