Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-14-2015, 03:32 PM   #1
bthomp01

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
2010 - Driver Side Door works... ocasionally

Just when I'm getting around to listing my car to sell to put a down payment on a very substantial upgrade, it goes and presents the biggest red flag to any potential buyer... by locking them in the car.

It's kind of hard to describe the way it "works", but here it is:

- When the latch works and the car remains unlocked, there's no issue. Interior and exterior handles work fine.
- If I lock/unlock the car, both the interior and exterior handles are unable to unlatch the door.
- No amount of "jiggling the handle" internally will get the door to open.
- "Feathering" the exterior handle a couple times unlatches the door. Both interior and exterior handles go back to working fine until the door gets locked/unlocked again.

So when I finish a drive, I have to roll the window down, tug the exterior handle a few times to "unstick" the latch, then roll it back up.

I took it to a dealer that said they'd have to wait almost a week to even be able to look at it, then gave me a ballpark of $350 or so to fix. I figured I'd see if there's something I can do to resolve it myself faster/cheaper.

Any ideas?

Matte Black Bumblebee Stripes - Unpainted Heritage Grille - Blacked Out Bowties - Stainless Works S-Tube Catback - CAI, Inc. Cold Air Intake
Whiteline Rear Cradle, Rear Differential, Front Radius Rod Bushings - BC Racing BR Coilovers - Installed by Whiteside Customs

bthomp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:10 PM   #2
Rahjeir

Drives: 2014 1LT w/RS Summit White
Weird problem. Not sure how they can give you a price without looking at it. Makes me wonder if they have seen that before.
Rahjeir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:49 PM   #3
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Take the door panel off to see if everything is hooked up correctly and not obstructed or getting loose.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan coil overs, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Dynamat, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 12:39 PM   #4
bthomp01

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Take the door panel off to see if everything is hooked up correctly and not obstructed or getting loose.
I looked up the instructions to do so, but it looks like most of that stuff is behind the interior plastic molding that you have to grind down to get out? Am I reading that correctly?

Matte Black Bumblebee Stripes - Unpainted Heritage Grille - Blacked Out Bowties - Stainless Works S-Tube Catback - CAI, Inc. Cold Air Intake
Whiteline Rear Cradle, Rear Differential, Front Radius Rod Bushings - BC Racing BR Coilovers - Installed by Whiteside Customs

bthomp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:22 PM   #5
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Not at all. Get yourself some plastic radio removers they will help alot. The entire door panel comes off. Be sure to note how the door handle cable is attached so you can re insert it if it comes out. The trunk release and window buttons release via male/female plugs. The tweeter housing must be removed first and unplugged. I can't remember if I had the window down or up when I did it.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan coil overs, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Dynamat, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote