Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-24-2018, 05:34 AM   #1
Stunt

Drives: camaro ss 2011
Emission problem

Hi I have huge problem with my camaro 2010 SS I can't get ready my evap and O2 sensor ready I did all this driving cycle like 10 times I did 200 miles still not ready I disconnect battery for 30 min and re do all this drive cycle and still not ready only evap and O2s anybody know how to fix that ?I have already expired sticker 2months . and one more thing I have battery disconnect during the winter time to keep it in warm place hooked up to battery tender. Best regards
Stunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:00 AM   #2
Thunder70

Drives: 2010 ss camaro
Before you went to inspection station the first time did you have a to jump start the car or put a new battery in it ? I deal with a fleet of cars for work some take longer to reset then others.
Thunder70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:40 AM   #3
Stunt

Yeah battery was out for last 6 month I plug in battery do 100 miles and I was sure all is good car have 9 k miles
Old 04-24-2018, 08:55 AM   #4
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt View Post
Hi I have huge problem with my camaro 2010 SS I can't get ready my evap and O2 sensor ready I did all this driving cycle like 10 times I did 200 miles still not ready I disconnect battery for 30 min and re do all this drive cycle and still not ready only evap and O2s anybody know how to fix that ?I have already expired sticker 2months . and one more thing I have battery disconnect during the winter time to keep it in warm place hooked up to battery tender. Best regards
Look up on the internet how to get GM cars ready for emission testing. There are very specific parameters to follow when doing this. I replaced my battery and my car is a garage queen. When I took it for emissions it stated not all tests ready. I looked on google and there it was. A complete list of instructions on how to drive your car. I followed those directions and took my car back to emissions with no problems. Hope this helps
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:16 AM   #5
Stunt

I did that maybe incorrect but I did this driving cycle so many timesmy question is witch gear u use to do this 55mph and what RPM?
Old 04-24-2018, 12:54 PM   #6
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
I was up against the clock myself after doing a tune update all the monitors were reset.

I drove hundreds of miles and followed the procedure and it never set in time I wanted it to. I think it happens when you least want/expect it.

I ended up disabling all my CEL parameters temporarily just to get through inspection. That is of course if you have access to a tuner interface like HP. If you don't, just keep driving as close to the procedure as possible and watch for it to be RDY.

If you are willing to pay the 2 HP tuner credits for your car I'd be willing to help you out if you don't have success soon.
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:22 PM   #7
Thunder70

Drives: 2010 ss camaro
yes as long as your check engine light is not on drive it some more to the the computer get a chance to get rid of all the not ready to read codes
Thunder70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:15 PM   #8
Stunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdynak View Post
I was up against the clock
myself after doing a tune update all the monitors were reset.

I drove hundreds of miles and followed the procedure and it never set in time I wanted it to. I think it happens when you least want/expect it.

I ended up disabling all my CEL parameters temporarily just to get through inspection. That is of course if you have access to a tuner interface like HP. If you don't, just keep driving as close to the procedure as possible and watch for it to be RDY.

If you are willing to pay the 2 HP tuner credits for your car I'd be willing to help you out if you don't have success soon.

I'm sorry for my question but what is this HP credit? I'm newbie with all this electronic Stuff. Where I can buy them? And of course Im willing to pay for them and pay you to help me find way out from my situation.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:41 PM   #9
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt View Post
I'm sorry for my question but what is this HP credit? I'm newbie with all this electronic Stuff. Where I can buy them? And of course Im willing to pay for them and pay you to help me find way out from my situation.
HP Tuners.. https://www.hptuners.com/

It is a tool that allows you to edit your ECM parameters. They charge per credit and our cars take 2 credits which is by VIN. There are other bulk ways to purchase credits for like a shop to cover years but that is very costly.

Credits are $49.99 ea. (needs 2). This will allow a HP Tuner tool to access your ECM to modify parameters and as mentioned, setting all the CEL to NA will set all monitors to RDY status. Normally used when adding upgrades like headers, cats, cam, etc. to modify the current tune. You can also buy a new tuner for $499 (non-pro) with 8 credits ready to go. Then you would have it whenever you need it and have 6 credits to do other cars.

I would not ask for anything myself.. I have the tuner and willing to help a fellow member out if that is what is needed.

If you are not in a hurry or this is not something of interest you can keep driving.. it will eventually set.
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:55 PM   #10
Stunt

OK my O2s finally get ready. My question is if my evap is not ready I will pass inspection so one mobile not ready?

Last edited by Stunt; 04-25-2018 at 09:06 PM.