Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-28-2008, 12:07 PM   #113
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Well performance cars are changing, and the main reason the Z28 was built no longer exists, so maybe it is time for the Z28 to boldly go where no performance car has been before... Faster than a sppeding SS, More powerful than a GT500, Look down the track, It's a Bird, It's a Plane, NO its the SUPER Z28... How about combining the best of both the Z28 and SS camaro and call it the>>>>
SS/Z
ok some are going to argue it should be the other way around... get over it LOL
I like my new name, the Camaro LSESDUHRSTS (Limited Special Edition Super Duper Ultra Hyper Rally Street Track Sport). It will effectively kill the era of alpha-numeric car names and has enough letters to effectively cover the car with the emblem.

I think we get too carried away by the name of the car. The performance of a sports car is what counts. We may be die-hard muscle car enthusiasts here, but I think we forget that what counts isn't in the name. In fact, sometimes the name inhibits the car. For example, a Camaro is inhibited by a tradition of being second to the Corvette, meaning that a Camaro wouldn't logically pass a Corvette on the track. Planting a traditional trim on a new car could mean that the new car has to live up to an old standard that doesn't really apply today.

It's just something to ponder. GM could offer a new Camaro trim, sure to lead to outrage among Camaro enthusiasts, or GM could change the meaning of a past trim. I like past trims keeping their function, so I like the idea of a twin-turbo V6 Z28 because it is low-displacement with exceptional performance; also, the ZL1 was a super Camaro, better fulfilling the role of a 500-horsepower car.

As the market looks right now, the Z28 could represent a counter-attack to the EcoBoost system by Ford. It would be great for American brands in general because the focus of fuel economy and horsepower would be brought back to the Union instead of the Japanese brands previously known for those features. We'll have a new horsepower war featuring 2 really affordable, efficient pony cars.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #114
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Great points. Thanks for the input. It helps, when I read posts like all of yours, to see that it's not about not caring or the Z28 not meaning as much as I sometimes interperate them to mean. I think you're all right and will try to keep your comments in mind when I get all bent.

Thanks This truly is a great community

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote