Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #1289
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I paid $79 for a four wheel alignment.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #1290
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
$104 for me.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #1291
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Dude you are my hero, awesome job even from team L99. I can not wait till my garage is finished, then I will try and tackled some things like this.

Car has a wicked stance.

379.00 for an alignment. I had mine aligned after the springs and it was 34.00 locally, 4 wheel aligment so good I took my truck to get it done. Same price 34.00
Where did you go?
Old 04-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #1292
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
That is steep, even the dealer I go to only charges $90.00 for 4 wheel alignment.

That should be the same regional wise shouldn't it?
Old 04-01-2011, 11:55 AM   #1293
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
That is steep, even the dealer I go to only charges $90.00 for 4 wheel alignment.

That should be the same regional wise shouldn't it?
Should be. But apperently Bay Chevrolet in Mobile, AL disagrees. Right on their wall they have a list that says 69 dollars or something like that. But I guess a Camaro is so radical and cutting edge that they couldn't fugure it out.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #1294
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Where did you go?
Randy there is a local shop that every dealership in town uses, even the aftermarket truck accessory places. Actually the service guy at the dealership told me where they were. He said that I could go there directly or that the dealer would do it and just add 25%.

I did get a print out of the alignment and a warranty with it. It is a local business a Mom and Pop store but they do great work, took about 35 minutes. Actually they would not drive my car in fear of grease, damage etc... and made me do it. I offered to let them drive it when they were done but they refused. Really nice people. They said if I had any issues just bring it back, but so far it rides straight and true.

Not to thread jack but I have offered to about 12 people to drive my car and no one had taken me up on it in fear of damaging it, mostly older generation people I have offered. I tell them it can be replaced if something happens and that is the reason I bought it, to enjoy, but they still refuse, just thought that was kinda odd.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #1295
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'm gonna romp on the car a bit til Monday I think. Not sure who yet. Don't think I need to 'time' the suspension because the only two movement bushings I replaced was both ends of the trailing arms.

Hard to find anyone worth a shit down here though. My dealer wanted 370.00 to align it after the drop springs. Thankfuly it drives perfectly straight right now. I know it is probaby out of tilt but it will be fine till Monday. I pulled them the same when tightening the spindle back up.

$370 for an alignment ? Your dealer must have been dealing something along the lines of a crack pipe...

Most good alignments seem to run in the $80 - $120 range. Just a reference.

No matter what, your car looks kick-ass...

P.S. Did you get the preferred alignment specs from Pete when he sent you your goodies box ?
Old 04-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #1296
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
My alignment was $99

The car looks SWEET!!!!

but something else is being neglected..
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #1297
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Randy there is a local shop that every dealership in town uses, even the aftermarket truck accessory places. Actually the service guy at the dealership told me where they were. He said that I could go there directly or that the dealer would do it and just add 25%.

I did get a print out of the alignment and a warranty with it. It is a local business a Mom and Pop store but they do great work, took about 35 minutes. Actually they would not drive my car in fear of grease, damage etc... and made me do it. I offered to let them drive it when they were done but they refused. Really nice people. They said if I had any issues just bring it back, but so far it rides straight and true.

Not to thread jack but I have offered to about 12 people to drive my car and no one had taken me up on it in fear of damaging it, mostly older generation people I have offered. I tell them it can be replaced if something happens and that is the reason I bought it, to enjoy, but they still refuse, just thought that was kinda odd.
Most won't drive mine when offered either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
$ P.S. Did you get the preferred alignment specs from Pete when he sent you your goodies box ?
Nope. I need them?
Old 04-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #1298
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
but something else is being neglected..

Dude, I don't even feed the dogs. Grass is WAY down on the priority list. lol
Old 04-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #1299
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

They should have given you the spec to have your car aligned to, might need to get with Pete and see what he says. This way the shop can align it exactly how it is supposed to be, caster, camber etc... according to what you want to do.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #1300
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
They should have given you the spec to have your car aligned to, might need to get with Pete and see what he says.
Damn. May have been there and thrown away not realizing.

I'll ask Pete or go to Pedders site.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #1301
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

I know Pfadt has their specs on their site, so I would assume Pedders does as well. Not a big deal but the factory spec might not work and probably would cause your tires to wear unevenly.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #1302
PQ
Booooosted.

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle