Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-09-2014, 03:23 PM   #15
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
looks like he couldn't afford the whole GFX kit, so he just settled for the rockers and rear diffuser lol
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #16
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
True... in fact, he could own the place (franchise?). I'm serious.
The owner of our Jimmy Johns delivers in his MASSIVE super expensive Tundra.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #17
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucolic View Post
These cars do look expensive. After all they do make a $70,000 model of these that the untrained eye wouldn't notice the difference of from the base model.

I get it a bit...boy must be nice...man your loaded...what did you do rob a bank. Bite me! Your damn mini van cost more than this. These cars are a good value for the money but they do look expensive
Oh I agree, I've had the same situation happen.

Even funnier when someone is telling me they wish they could afford one sitting next to their Honda accord or what have you.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #18
OK2DRUL
ace5.org (Atlanta Club)

Drives: 2010 Black/IOM 2SS LS3
Too much of the time on this forum people believe that these cars are the end all be all of cars. While I love my SS and take excellent care of it, this is a highly massed produced car and you can get a used one in the teens. It is not an expensive car by any means. At the end of the day to some people this is just a car like any other car and they use it that way. I'm sure he doesn't wash it every week and it sleeps in the parking lot not in a garage.

OK2DRUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:58 PM   #19
Cannatti

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Although this is not mine, something to keep in mind. When my mom passed away, her final expenses damn near depleted my liquid savings, so even with a 6 figure salary I took a second job delivering pizza, yes in a camaro that I paid cash for.
Cannatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #20
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
Why not? Mom and Dad pay the car note... and probably phone, insurance, roof over head...
What's left over, student loan's pay.
Damn ignorant. Maybe he works 3 jobs just to afford the Camaro. Ièm 20, and have had a 2LT/RS, 2009 silverado 1500, and my current 2SS/RS. I am a robotic engineer/technician and make a damn pretty penny. Some people put more effort into being able to afford their car, and they get put down for it... Immature if you ask me.

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #21
RA1987

Drives: SS
I was young and working minimum wage with more than 5 jobs at a time, sometimes more! Long hours and on call 24/7. At the end of the day I'm happy with my profession and Camaro. Don't believe me???

Ask any of my fellow NCO!! Lol
RA1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #22
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
I looked into delivering newspapers a few years ago, using my S10. After costs (fuel/ wear & tear), I woulda been making about $5/ hour for getting up at 2AM for the four hour job, seven days a week, 365 days a year. And that does NOT count the time it would have taken to CLEAN the vehicle... those newspapers are filthy things. They don't belong in a car that somebody wants to be clean... took me about an hour each day to clean up after the newspaper contamination. Sure, one could find ways around it: Tarping or whatever. What a hassle.

After three days, I had newfound respect for newspaper delivery people, but knew that I did NOT need a second job that badly.
I have been doing news papers since june 2002 every single night.
they are very filthy and thats why they will never see my Camaro.
Thats why i have my Hhr to beat on every night in every kind of weather.

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #23
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
Damn ignorant. Maybe he works 3 jobs just to afford the Camaro. Ièm 20, and have had a 2LT/RS, 2009 silverado 1500, and my current 2SS/RS. I am a robotic engineer/technician and make a damn pretty penny. Some people put more effort into being able to afford their car, and they get put down for it... Immature if you ask me.

Actually, ignorance can also come from not reading completely. Scroll up and read my other post... where I present the OPPOSITE opinion - suggesting, in fact, that perhaps he OWNS the place. oop. Kinda immature to not get fully informed first, ask me...
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #24
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaBR View Post
Please don't assume, I didn't own a Camaro but wanted one back in the day(1980) but had a new car, paid for by myself. I had a fulltime day job AND a part-time night job delivering pizza.
So, it may not be this persons ONLY job.
Agreed, me too!
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:55 PM   #25
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
OP who the hell are you to judge?

guaranteed you dont know the individual, or nothing about that individual...where else they may work, where they live or with who..etc.... rude totally rude
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #26
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Yeah you guys are right I don't know this guy's situation.. I just thought it looked odd to see a cool looking Camaro with a JJ sign on top, so I snapped a pic. I'm pretty sure he was a young kid but I could be wrong. A while back there was a young kid with a nice challenger working there with the sign on it too

I'm sure there's hard working appreciative young people that work hard for there new cars, but around Edmond where I live there are a lot of rich kids that aren't those things.

And I didn't say anything negative, just said it must be nice. And probably is! I was thinking after i posted that he might be a member on here since he had the side skirts and rear. If so, no offense man lol
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #27
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieboy View Post
OP who the hell are you to judge?

guaranteed you dont know the individual, or nothing about that individual...where else they may work, where they live or with who..etc.... rude totally rude
Nobody's judging, settle down.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #28
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
JantzenOKC, you are a class act... seriously. Generally, when another poster takes a jab, it just escalates with further jabs and eventual degradation into a mess of name calling and hostility. However, you took the criticism in stride (re: the last couple of posts), and instead of blustering and escalation, you took the high road... very unusual for the Internet, but I gotta say: I like your style!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote