Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-11-2012, 07:09 AM   #99
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
mlee,
Just wanted to say I think you did a awesome job handling everything, espeacially it being your first time doing it! Seeing those charts you posted really brings it into perspective the magnitude of it all!!
Old 08-11-2012, 10:06 AM   #100
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MudderFinger View Post
mlee,
Just wanted to say I think you did a awesome job handling everything, espeacially it being your first time doing it! Seeing those charts you posted really brings it into perspective the magnitude of it all!!
Thanks bud... it means a lot..

Also, here are the best pass times from Day One

Name:  Drag Times1.JPG
Views: 510
Size:  99.7 KB

Name:  Drag Times2.JPG
Views: 506
Size:  48.7 KB
Old 08-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #101
inferno camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro pace car, 2008 cts bl,
mlee,
I thought you did a fantastic job running this and look forward to next year. There will always be something to complain about as far as classes not being fair for everyone. I was shocked my car was among the fastest NA cars there, must have been alot of NA cars not there. All that can be asked by anyone is try to keep improving. Personally, I thought it worked out perfectly. To me headsup is SOOO much fun.
Again, great job and thank you for the time and thought you put in.

Scott
Mods, 2r max cam, ls3 conv,kooks lt w/hf cats,kooks street sleeper cat back with magnaflow res x-pipe, roto fab cai, v-max TB, vigilante 3700 stall, 3.70 LPE, 442hp/392tq, Mike Norris Tune 11.71@116.24 1.63 60' m&h DR's
inferno camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #102
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
Great job. I'd like to see Bracket everyone. Then everyone gets an equal chance to win, and it's awesome to see a 9 second car try to catch a 17 second car, it would simplify everything. My car is 223 ran a 13.02, my best ever was 12.70 at Sea Level.

Last edited by CAP'N B; 08-11-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: more info
CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #103
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno camaro View Post
mlee,
I thought you did a fantastic job running this and look forward to next year. There will always be something to complain about as far as classes not being fair for everyone. I was shocked my car was among the fastest NA cars there, must have been alot of NA cars not there. All that can be asked by anyone is try to keep improving. Personally, I thought it worked out perfectly. To me headsup is SOOO much fun.
Again, great job and thank you for the time and thought you put in.

Scott
Thanks Scott... we learned a lot this year. Hope to see more classes and more racers next year. Pretty sure everyone got as many runs in as their car could handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP'N B View Post
Great job. I'd like to see Bracket everyone. Then everyone gets an equal chance to win, and it's awesome to see a 9 second car try to catch a 17 second car, it would simplify everything. My car is 223 ran a 13.02, my best ever was 12.70 at Sea Level.
I can assure you Brackets will be part of the Fest every year for the reasons you mention. It's a catch all class and lots of fun too. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate and we were just lucky the track didn't close before the heads up eliminations. I practically begged them to hold out a little longer and see if we could dry it again. Lucky for all of us it worked out as well as it did.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #104
SSMagna
FAST1

Drives: ADM LSX 427 Twin Turbo #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I can assure you Brackets will be part of the Fest every year for the reasons you mention. It's a catch all class and lots of fun too. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate and we were just lucky the track didn't close before the heads up eliminations. I practically begged them to hold out a little longer and see if we could dry it again. Lucky for all of us it worked out as well as it did.
Yes Thanks Mike!!!
I liked the heads up racing. I was very surprised we finished but I'm glad we did. I know it made my father and I's trip that we did. The heads up racing is more old school, run what you brought. So many people to please. I was glad to see you out there in your ZL1 putting it through it's paces. Drive it and enjoy it. I'll be glad volunteer if you need any help next year.
SSMagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:33 PM   #105
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Thanks for putting this whole thing together Mike. You did a great job and it was nice to meet you as well.

Next year I would suggest some trophies or awards. Something tangible. I think we would all like to have something to remember the event by. I'd have rather gotten that than they money.

As for classes, maybe run it similar to the LSX races. A true street, heads up unlimited, and then an index class. The mold is already there and proven to work. Just a thought. Feel free to tell me to f*#k off!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #106
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Thanks bud... it means a lot..

Also, here are the best pass times from Day One

Attachment 409972

Attachment 409973

I'm not sure what time this was printed but it's not accurate. At least my time isnt. I ran a 10.11 against the LPE car Friday after lunch.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:43 AM   #107
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Thanks for putting this whole thing together Mike. You did a great job and it was nice to meet you as well.

Next year I would suggest some trophies or awards. Something tangible. I think we would all like to have something to remember the event by. I'd have rather gotten that than they money.

As for classes, maybe run it similar to the LSX races. A true street, heads up unlimited, and then an index class. The mold is already there and proven to work. Just a thought. Feel free to tell me to f*#k off!!
Your suggestions are dead on... but be careful... I bitched about bracket racing last year and ended up getting the job...

But seriously, I hope to get Trophys and throw in index. Come on down to the TX Camaro Natls end of Oct... we have some really cool trophys for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I'm not sure what time this was printed but it's not accurate. At least my time isnt. I ran a 10.11 against the LPE car Friday after lunch.
Yeah... I have two prints... one at lunch and one at the end of the day. Probably missed you on the second printout.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:32 AM   #108
SGT Stretch

Drives: 2016 Hyper Metallic Blue SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Marine View Post
you will get there.... I could cut consistent 1.9s on the stock PZeros and just the CAI....I'd heat em up good and launch at 2600rpm.
I got it sub 2 sec 60' on pzeros.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243465
SGT Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #109
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Drives: Built '10 IBM 2SS; '15 Black Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Stretch View Post
great job!! My best 60's on the PZeros where after a good smoking (and I still got 40k miles off of them)!
Old 08-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #110
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Drives: Built '10 IBM 2SS; '15 Black Z/28
Quote:
Your suggestions are dead on... but be careful... I bitched about bracket racing last year and ended up getting the job...

But seriously, I hope to get Trophys and throw in index. Come on down to the TX Camaro Natls end of Oct... we have some really cool trophys for that one.

Yeah... I have two prints... one at lunch and one at the end of the day. Probably missed you on the second printout.
I'm sure you've already seen or heard this feedback; but even the smaller local tracks make money with their drivers by handing out the trophies right at the track in front of a track sign for a great photo op....very cool way to get it done!

Perhaps next year... at ???? track?
Old 08-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #111
mlee
CamaroFans.com

V8 Unlimited Finals Video

Here's the big race...

Old 08-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #112
SGT Stretch

Drives: 2016 Hyper Metallic Blue SS
That race was BA. Congrats to chris (SSmagna)
SGT Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote