Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-11-2015, 04:54 AM   #29
johnr265

Drives: '15 Z/28
First of all, great pics. Thanks for sharing. Second, are you using the eye bolts for your sub and the bk attachments for the lap belt?
johnr265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 02:10 PM   #30
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr265 View Post
First of all, great pics. Thanks for sharing. Second, are you using the eye bolts for your sub and the bk attachments for the lap belt?
Yes:

Old 04-14-2015, 10:03 PM   #31
brt3
Runs with scissors...

An update and some observations, as I've been fine-tuning the fit of the Sparco Ergo-L seat...

1. I originally mounted the seat to the floor -- which gives enough headroom for an NBA center.

2. I ended up adding roughly an inch of spacers, to give the proper positioning.

3. On a lark, I tried the Sparco adapter for Camaros. This placed the seat too high for me, by roughly 1/2 inch, and too close to the steering wheel. However, this might be an option for folks under 6'0" tall.

4. The only thing I need is a touch more legroom. However, the wide area around the headrest -- which is there to hold the halo/head supports -- is up against the B-pillar and I'm out of room. My next tweak will be to trim the seat. The flared/wide area for the head supports is quite thin, and it would be easy to have an upholstery shop remove the seat cover, trim the seat to look like a more conventional seat (that's narrower at the headrest), and then customize and reinstall the seat cover. At that point I should be able to get another 1/2 inch of legroom and call it a day.

More to come...
Old 02-19-2017, 06:55 PM   #32
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
An update and some observations, as I've been fine-tuning the fit of the Sparco Ergo-L seat...

1. I originally mounted the seat to the floor -- which gives enough headroom for an NBA center.

2. I ended up adding roughly an inch of spacers, to give the proper positioning.

3. On a lark, I tried the Sparco adapter for Camaros. This placed the seat too high for me, by roughly 1/2 inch, and too close to the steering wheel. However, this might be an option for folks under 6'0" tall.

4. The only thing I need is a touch more legroom. However, the wide area around the headrest -- which is there to hold the halo/head supports -- is up against the B-pillar and I'm out of room. My next tweak will be to trim the seat. The flared/wide area for the head supports is quite thin, and it would be easy to have an upholstery shop remove the seat cover, trim the seat to look like a more conventional seat (that's narrower at the headrest), and then customize and reinstall the seat cover. At that point I should be able to get another 1/2 inch of legroom and call it a day.

More to come...
Sorry, resurrecting an old thread - how did the seat modifications work out?

With the Sparco adapter for Camaro's, were you sitting higher than you were in the OE Recaros?

Thanks, I'm very interested in these Sparco Ergo seats.
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:16 AM   #33
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG1LE View Post
Sorry, resurrecting an old thread - how did the seat modifications work out?

With the Sparco adapter for Camaro's, were you sitting higher than you were in the OE Recaros?

Thanks, I'm very interested in these Sparco Ergo seats.
Wish I could be more detailed, but I can't really speak to the Sparco adapter -- it just didn't work and that was too long ago for me to remember exact details.

I decided to leave well-enough alone, and didn't try to modify the seats. Love this seat; absolutely one of the best mods for the tall Z/28 driver!