Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 02-11-2019, 05:43 PM   #1
leanjay
leanjay

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
ecm os # must match tcm os# ????

so I swapped in an 6l80e trans. in to my 2010 ss in place of the m6 trans. now I have code u101 coming up. which is lost com.with trans. thru research I,ve discovered the engine and trans. must have matching operating systems? is this true? if so what exactly has to match. p.s. I have the new hp tuners mpvi2 system to work with. thanks for any help I can get.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #2
granatl

Drives: 2SS RS ABM A6
There's likely already the correct firmware/OS in the transmission TCM, but you do need to use HPT to write your VIN#.
In the event that you do have a mismatch in levels between the ECM & TCM, I think only GM can flash the proper segments to get them to the same version.
If you have a "cool" dealer, have them reflash everything with the newest version. Then while still there, use HPT to just flash the ECM.
After you get home, do a full read of both the ECM & TCM, and then use that image from then on.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:25 PM   #3
leanjay
leanjay

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
how do check for correct o/s and levels? between the ecm and tcm?