Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 04-10-2017, 07:09 PM   #15
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
My black 05 GTO has only been washed with water 4 times, all the other times I used our WW. And my paint is better now then when new.......I love the ease of use of WW.
http://adamspolishes.com/shop/exteri...-car-wash.html
Attachment 864231
I literally just ordered some this weekend. Along with 2 double soft drying microfiber towels.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:52 PM   #16
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
I literally just ordered some this weekend. Along with 2 double soft drying microfiber towels.
Thank You!!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:08 PM   #17
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS71 View Post
I'm on the fence about this.

There are a number of waterless wash products on the market now. Some people swear by them; some are skeptical. What's your take? Yay or nay?

I do not intend for this to take the place of good ol' soap and water. I have a ceramic coating and will maintain a coat of carnauba wax over it. Exploring my options for touchups that are least likely to abrade the paint.

Aaaaand.....go.
If your coated use Car Pro Ech2o. Dilution ratios for waterless, rinseless, detail spray.
Made to use with coatings and looks fantastic. For the detail spray throw a couple of oz of Gyeon cure in as well, then be prepared to be surprised.

Carnuba on a coating is pretty much a waste of time and product.
If your going to apply something over it use this.

http://www.esotericcarcare.com/kamikaze-infinity-wax/

This will last much much much longer and look great. Made to top coatings.

Using ech2o rinseless is the most economical, but I also use it for garage dust removal in waterless form, as well as have a small spray bottle of waterless in the trunk for on the road touch ups. Car Pro Ech2o has to be tried to understand how good of a product it is.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:21 PM   #18
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Yup...... I've been writing up detailing stuff on sites for about 15 years, and the big thing you have to be careful of is just recommending a product because you don't know how it's going to be used. My whole fear with waterless is , with it's very specific use with multiple towels and lotsa spray, it works great. But a lot of people won't do that, they'll, just spray down the panel and wipe it, like it's a quick detailer, And then grind dirt right into the surface because it didn't get lifted off. Rinseless has a much larger safety margin against idiots that "spray and wash"....LOL
A few critical elements in waterles is how dirty to attempt, what micros are used, and which product, but most critical is technique and micros. I use the leading edge roll and lift technique so that dirt trapped in the micro is lifted off the surface, and the paint has a fresh portion picking up dirt as it is rolled. Lastly of course is no pressure.
But for sure your going to use up much more product waterless vs rinseless.
The Ech2o dilution for waterless is very thick, probably too thick in recommended dilution ratios.
For garage dust removal I use it at the detail spray dilution and it works very well.
Its some super thick stuff.

But certainly agree, advice on usage online carries some risk, most people learn how to wash things by scrubbing, or pay little mind to technique, then complain they swirled out their car, and of course its the products fault, not the cheap, dirty, improper media they used to scrub away at the paint.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:55 AM   #19
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS71 View Post
I have a ceramic coating and will maintain a coat of carnauba wax over it.
Just curious about this .......... Mine is going in the first weekend of May for CQuartz Ceramic coating. Is it still recommended to apply carnauba wax over this finish? I had "assumed" that once the ceramic coating was applied, you pretty much left the car alone for a year or two.........

Thanks,
Mike
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:22 AM   #20
Nor Cal ZL1

No, no wax over Cquartz or any coating is waste of time, it will not bond for any long amount of time. Use one of these.
http://www.esotericcarcare.com/kamikaze-infinity-wax/
http://www.esotericcarcare.com/gyeon-q2m-cure/
https://www.carpro-us.com/protection...-reload-500ml/
http://www.carpro-us.com/quick-detai...-34oz-1-liter/
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/polis...l#.WO431BllCBY
Old 04-12-2017, 01:39 PM   #21
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Thank-you Nor Cal ZL1. MUCH appreciated!
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:18 PM   #22
zeekle

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
It seems a lot of people use waterless and rinseless interchangeably. I started using rinseless several years ago as winter wash on my at the time garage queen that never saw rain.

I have now moved to an almost 100% rinseless. Its easier to do in my garage and there are enough people out there that are smarter than me doing it on a regular basis. I keep looking and researching for problems but I haven't seen any proof that it causes scratches.
zeekle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:26 PM   #23
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekle View Post
It seems a lot of people use waterless and rinseless interchangeably. I started using rinseless several years ago as winter wash on my at the time garage queen that never saw rain.

I have now moved to an almost 100% rinseless. Its easier to do in my garage and there are enough people out there that are smarter than me doing it on a regular basis. I keep looking and researching for problems but I haven't seen any proof that it causes scratches.
If done correctly with the correct materials it will not cause scratches...good stuff, makes life a lot easier and better!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:44 PM   #24
Nor Cal ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
Thank-you Nor Cal ZL1. MUCH appreciated!
No problem here is where my Canadian friends order thier products.
http://autoobessed.com

You can also join our FB group here. Just request and one of us will get you in.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/331492...40&ref=m_notif
Old 04-12-2017, 08:49 PM   #25
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
For a waterless wash product, Ultima Waterless Wash Plus Concentrate is hard to beat for the value and quality of this product.

It can be used for a drying aid (detail spray), clay lube, bird bomb removal, fingerprint removal, etc.

A 16 oz bottle makes 5.5 gallons of solution.

It runs around $20 at most of the detailing sites before discounts.

One of the very best value for quality detailing products you can buy.

Only use plush high quality microfiber with it.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 04-12-2017 at 09:04 PM.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #26
7WSM

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
Just curious about this .......... Mine is going in the first weekend of May for CQuartz Ceramic coating. Is it still recommended to apply carnauba wax over this finish? I had "assumed" that once the ceramic coating was applied, you pretty much left the car alone for a year or two.........

Thanks,
Mike
As I have learned, once the car has a coating on it, to maintain it, it's best to use other products that have similar chemicals in it to maintain the ceramic coating. Namely Si02. I never knew about this as I thought I could just use any type of soap, and detailer spray to maintain it.
7WSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:02 PM   #27
CCS71
LFX to LT1

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty 2SS M6
I appreciate the suggestions. In summary, RINSELESS is the overwhelming favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
Carnuba on a coating is pretty much a waste of time and product.
Okay, maybe this is the area I need more guidance on. I did not use any product over my ceramic coating for 8 whole months, then got annoyed with water spots. The recommendation was to wax the car after giving it an acid wash. I played it safe. What should I have done differently?
2017 Camaro Fifty 2SS; Sequence #270 - Sunroof/Nav/NPP/MRC/6speed

CCS71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #28
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
You might polish the car with carpro essence. It says that it you can use it over coating.
http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-essence-xtreme.html

Wax will cause spots. I would run as far away as I could from the guy that told you to acid wash the car

But yeah, once you do a rinseless you will be amazed. Here is the Mother of all rinseless threads:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435828
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote