Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 05-11-2014, 07:25 PM   #141
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragRacerX View Post
How /where did you become aware of it? Have I missed a site that tells of side events on the HRPT? Thanking You In Advance...
Any one have this answer?
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:23 PM   #142
scottcolem

Drives: 2019 ZL1
i am going to do charlotte, knokville and charleston this year. itll be the first power tour for me
scottcolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:14 AM   #143
DragRacerX

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM & 2012 2SS M6 IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
Diane and I took care of the condo in Wisconsin so you can settle up with us once on the tour. I think there are five of us sharing the condo.

The Knoxville cruise sold out last week.

It will be here before we know it
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply and including me!
Vengeance Racing VRPD-2 Cam Kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Injector Dynamics ID850 Injectors, Forced Induction Interchiller,
Cold Air Inductions CAI, BBK 40210 LT Headers & Free Flow Cats, MBRP S7022409 T409-Stainless Steel
3" Dual Cat Back Exhaust System, Lingenfelter ZR1 Dual Disc Clutch Kit, ZL1 Brake Kit Rotors & Calipers
628 RWHP/596 RWTQ / A.C.E.5
DragRacerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #144
the_breeze

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
ET Camaro Show

East Tennessee Camaro Club is having a Camaro / Firebird car show June 7th, at the same location that the Power Tour will be located. So, if you are not lucky enough to be in the Tour, come join us on the 7th and see the Tour roll in on the 8th. More info: http://www.etcamaroclub.com/car-show---2014.html
the_breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:27 PM   #145
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragRacerX View Post
Diane, I indicated I would be interested in sharing costs / splitting the room in Wisconsin Dell (as did 2SS4JAS) but have heard nothing more about it. Do I need to book my own room or have I been included with your and driser's booking? I am also interested in info about the Knoxville Movie Cruise. How /where did you become aware of it? Have I missed a site that tells of side events on the HRPT? Thanking You In Advance...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMteSSted View Post
Any one have this answer?
Sorry, thought we had posted up about the room.....back a page or two maybe?

As far as the movie night, Hot Rod sent out an email last week and I assuming it was to everyone who has pre-registered. You might want to check with Family Events if you haven't received a confirmation email or any other type of communication and make sure you are registered.

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:44 AM   #146
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Just registered for the Long Haul...so will be doing the whole tour.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #147
caramaro1969

Drives: 69,82,84 & 10 camaros,87 GMC,07z06
my eleventh long haul this year, i plan on taking my yellow ss if i can get my kooks swapped to magnaflow on time or i will be in my yellow c6 z06 again, and will be parked with magnaflow as usual
caramaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:09 PM   #148
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Ok finally got around to getting my last hotel room (Ohio), so I am set .

As stated earlier, I am heading to Charlotte on Saturday, so between now and then if anyone wants to travel up with me post here.

Also, if anyone hears of extra things to do/see on the trip post that as well. See y'all in a few weeks
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:33 PM   #149
dianeokie
Going places

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramaro1969 View Post
my eleventh long haul this year, i plan on taking my yellow ss if i can get my kooks swapped to magnaflow on time or i will be in my yellow c6 z06 again, and will be parked with magnaflow as usual
Think I remember meeting you last year. Didn't you trade out the car partway through the tour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
Ok finally got around to getting my last hotel room (Ohio), so I am set .

As stated earlier, I am heading to Charlotte on Saturday, so between now and then if anyone wants to travel up with me post here.

Also, if anyone hears of extra things to do/see on the trip post that as well. See y'all in a few weeks
What I have heard of is:
Muscle Car museum in Sevierville, TN on the way to Knoxville
John Dillinger site - I think in Indiana
Antique Archeology in Iowa

Old 05-15-2014, 09:11 AM   #150
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Those all sound good.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #151
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

So I'm new to doing the power tour. Still have yet to set up hotel rooms, though I'll do that over the next couple of days...I may try to use the ones listed earlier.

Do the cars generally stay together, or do you just make your own way to the next city. I prefer back roads to major highways, so I'm curious how much of that will be happening. Example...would the route take you over The Snake or The Dragons Tail?

I'm not looking to go fast...it's just I prefer to go the road less traveled.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:29 AM   #152
dianeokie
Going places

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
So I'm new to doing the power tour. Still have yet to set up hotel rooms, though I'll do that over the next couple of days...I may try to use the ones listed earlier.

Do the cars generally stay together, or do you just make your own way to the next city. I prefer back roads to major highways, so I'm curious how much of that will be happening. Example...would the route take you over The Snake or The Dragons Tail?

I'm not looking to go fast...it's just I prefer to go the road less traveled.
The road less traveled, except for HRPT participants, is what we take. Very few major highways. There are usually small groups of cars together, some take other detours along the way, leave a different times, but you end up at some of the same gas stations, etc. There's a tour route, but you can change up whatever you want. Be sure to be at the venue to get your credentials stamped for the long hauler award if you're doing that. If you go to Bangshift.com you can get lots of info under the Hot Rod Power Tour thread.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #153
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
The road less traveled, except for HRPT participants, is what we take. Very few major highways. There are usually small groups of cars together, some take other detours along the way, leave a different times, but you end up at some of the same gas stations, etc. There's a tour route, but you can change up whatever you want. Be sure to be at the venue to get your credentials stamped for the long hauler award if you're doing that. If you go to Bangshift.com you can get lots of info under the Hot Rod Power Tour thread.
I actually signed up the 80 bucks to register for what I thought was the full tour (including the Long Haul)...

So, I'm not sure if that means I do have to stick to a set route then?

What's really going to be weird is doing this tour in essentially a new car. I'm so used to my Google Maps and how I get from point to point with that. I'm hoping the Mylink navigation will do ok. The thing about the Audi Google Maps is I can set it to prefer to not take highways. Over the last year, I've seen some very cool back roads all across America because of that. We'll see how the Stingray does...I think it has other good qualities I'll like over my Audi
Old 05-15-2014, 10:18 PM   #154
guns2go

Drives: 2014 ZL1
3rd tour this year...and a new ZL1 for the ride. back roads, and side trips with groups definitely make the whole thing my favorite annual event. I usually pick hotels out of town in the direction of the next stop...don't mind cruising at night and I find it helps with traffic to let the group get to where I am in the morning and then tag on.
3 weeks!!!!
guns2go is offline   Reply With Quote