Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM   #15
X-max-X
@ max.i.s.cool

Drives: 2015 1/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMARO_HEAVEN View Post
Here is food for thought the Z06 with the Z07 package has the same size rotors granted the hats will not work but rotor size is the same so calipers might be also. Have not verified and will not as I will not be responsible for someone buying and it not working. Here is a screen shot for Chevrolet.

Oooooooh that's super interesting, and good information!
X-max-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 09:20 PM   #16
void_kp

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (2015)
Quote:
From my understanding talking to several companies selling brakes is that the Corvette Z06 calipers were compatible with the Z28! If I have a chance this weekend I will pull out my Z06 calipers and put against the new passenger side front I have and compare.
folks, I confirm z06 calipers are COMPATIBLE with the z/28, but they are not THE SAME.
I can confirm the z06 carboceramic calipers fit on the z/28 as this is exactly what my shop did , since they had a z06 with CCB there when my z/28 was also there.
So yes, you can use z06 calipers, but they brake LESS than the z/28 ones because the size of the pumps that press on the pad is smaller.

Also, by talking to brembo, it seems the z/28 calipers have been done as a special deal, they are not "regular" production, and that's why are not available anymore... looks like GM agreed on a certain production run and... that's it. done. no more.
void_kp is offline   Reply With Quote