Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-07-2023, 10:07 PM   #15
DirtyDirt

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Thank you for the replies. I meant to say that he has quite a bit ofexperience with HP tuners, and would we be able to get a good tune with that. lol.. I probably should have talked to him and got better preliminary info first, and dialed in my specific information here. I was trying to do it the other way around.
This is my first Camaro and have only had it about 9 months, but i definitely have the bug now for sure.

I have always been a Duramax diesel guy, and have hopped up 3 different gens of those, and am very knowledge on the good and bad mods, tuning/tuners and parts to use. Camaro is a whole new animal for me, I have already learned a lot just from searching questions here, and reading different posts. Great community of cool car owners

I will look into Livernois Motorsport. Be cool to get actual dyno numbers. I think they about 75-80 miles from me.
15% tint
Matte Black Rally Stripe
2016 Camaro SS Black Chrome PVD Wheels
Pedal Commander

2013 ZL1 BOUGHT 10-29-23 With 1950 miles
K&N Full CAI
15% tint
Few cosmetic additions when it comes out of winter hibernation
DirtyDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 03:16 PM   #16
ZL1_Chris
ZL1_Chris

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arogg View Post
The install is cake on these cars. I had access to a lift at work which obviously made it a bit easier but it took me all of maybe 2 hours including a couple beer breaks. The last headers I installed before these were on a 4th gen and they were a nightmare. These are a breeze. My Texas speed headers fit flawlessy and still look great after almost 7 years. They have a little color to them now but I dont mind that at all. For the price, I cant recommend TSP enough.
I second TSP longtubes. No cats
ZL1_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 11:45 PM   #17
moezer

Drives: Camaro ss
I went with the eBay copies of the Texas speed long tube headers no cats

Of course with no cats u'll get a check engine light for the 02 sensors

I had a buddy of mine tune the headers in along with the car it self used HP tuners, lucky for me he had experience and alot of time to play with an LS3 engine that he swapped in to his Toyota FRS.

Using HP tuners will require 2 unlocking points to unlock the ECM.

Things I requested him to change in the car
2010 6 speed manual

1. He turned off torque management
This caused the car to have full power with out any gremlins holding it back.

Your foot is the controller

2. He turned off skip shift from 1 to 4th gear.
This can also be done by a plug in that you could buy.

3. Turned off the speed limiter
I could max the speedo

4. Increased redline by 200

5. Removed the fuel cutoff when you hit redline.

Inturn for this he added his own rpm redline bouncer which makes the car pop and bang but keeps the car in the powerband (only on redline)

Kinda like 2 step on turbo cars

Things that got effected that I noticed was when torque management was turned off it also turned off the "Launch control" that the car had, but it was useless anyways

I have about 15k km on the headers with no issues at all with welds cracking or tubes separating

Sent from my Power Armor 14 using Tapatalk
moezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 01:57 PM   #18
chevyz1
Wife named it "Ghost"

Drives: 2012 Camaro Summit White 2SS/RS M6
Most on here understand how the quality is usually on par with the price, but that the stainless power and texas speed still fit well with the occasional person having to dent a tube for clearance. Seems to me feedback on clearance to the plug wires and potential of burning the wires along with the ease of changing plugs would be a good discussion item. Do these lower priced headers have those issues even though they may give you about the same performance and overall fit the car well? Have many experienced the plug wires being too close to the tubes and burn the wires too often?
Old 02-27-2023, 02:26 PM   #19
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Clearance for plugs/wires will have to be pretty much the same on all of them. Same size tube bolted in the same location on the head ties it down with only very minor differences as you get to the bend. Maybe some very slight differences in angle leaving the flange.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 08:04 PM   #20
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Me and my son's C5 both have Texas Speed and just about the same fit on both. Never really had a problem with putting the spark plugs in or taking them out. Never had a problem with a burned wire except for when we used the cheap ones that turned sideways and melted by touching the manifold directly. Other than that just use good wires that won't turn on the spark plugs and then lay on the manifold like the TSP wires and you'll be fine.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 01:06 AM   #21
moezer

Drives: Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyz1 View Post
Most on here understand how the quality is usually on par with the price, but that the stainless power and texas speed still fit well with the occasional person having to dent a tube for clearance. Seems to me feedback on clearance to the plug wires and potential of burning the wires along with the ease of changing plugs would be a good discussion item. Do these lower priced headers have those issues even though they may give you about the same performance and overall fit the car well? Have many experienced the plug wires being too close to the tubes and burn the wires too often?
On my eBay headers they fit pretty good no modifications anywhere when I installed them clear from my wires too, I did get spark plug wire sleeves off of Amazon for like 25$ Canadian just Incase but spark plug clearance is very good,

Sent from my Power Armor 14 using Tapatalk
moezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 09:46 AM   #22
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
There's a ton of people over the years here running the cheaper brand headers. Kooks is over priced with zero performance differences. Very few issues with cheaper headers fitment. Stainless Works/ Power are good as is TSP.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 10:30 AM   #23
DirtyDirt

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Hey guys, thanks for all the helpful info and insights. I was sick for a few days and have been crazy busy at work, so I have not been able to do anything or advance this situation at all on my end
15% tint
Matte Black Rally Stripe
2016 Camaro SS Black Chrome PVD Wheels
Pedal Commander

2013 ZL1 BOUGHT 10-29-23 With 1950 miles
K&N Full CAI
15% tint
Few cosmetic additions when it comes out of winter hibernation
DirtyDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 12:03 PM   #24
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Just to give you what sound you might expect.
Stainless Power 1 7/8” headers with Corsa catback.

Old 03-01-2023, 03:07 PM   #25
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Awesome sound!! ^^ Wish I still had my video of mine with the cam and same setup as yours. Except I have off road mids.
Old 03-01-2023, 03:09 PM   #26
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Awesome sound!! ^^ Wish I still had my video of mine with the cam and same setup as yours. Except I have off road mids.
Thanks you sir!
Being winter bound for awhile now, its the only way I get to hear it!
Old 03-01-2023, 03:11 PM   #27
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Thanks you sir!
Being winter bound for awhile now, its the only way I get to hear it!
lol hear ya there!!
Old 03-05-2023, 02:38 PM   #28
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Welcome to the Forums! Youll get O2 codes thrown w/o a tune, and it all depends on "but not right away" timeframe. Running improper fuel ratios will eventually affect a motor, mechanically speaking.
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote