Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 12-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #1415
Pearldrums

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS Camaro
I did get the dealer plates, then ordered my personalized one last Tueasday. It just so happened that was the week they were stamping them so I got them Friday. They told me that I have to use this plate now, because the car is registered now with AWUA2SS lol. I haven't been driving my car in this weather. I did drive it to my friends house on Friday, but made sure it was 100% salt free when I got home .

It's supposed to be nice most of this week and most of next week though. I may just have to take a ride to Tremonton and get my first oil change.
Pearldrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:28 AM   #1416
thebrainhart

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM LS3 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearldrums View Post
I may just have to take a ride to Tremonton and get my first oil change.

I'll bet the Murdock in Bountiful will honor that deal... maybe not though...
Some ProCharger, Alky, CompCams, Brian Tooley, Holley, Livernois, K&N, Ridetech, DSS, Kooks, JDP Motorsports, Pfadt, BMR, Prothane, Weld, M&H, Mickey Thompson, RKSport, Elite, Garys, Defenderworx, Anvil, etc.
thebrainhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:11 AM   #1417
Pearldrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrainhart View Post

I'll bet the Murdock in Bountiful will honor that deal... maybe not though...
I may have to call them and see.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:33 PM   #1418
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
What I need right now is either a good long ride in ol' Lightning or a cup of hot chocolate and a good story from slick1ru. Where are you slick?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #1419
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Ok folks just got this pm from Fbodfather...

Saturday night - the 16th of January -- at the Salt Lake City autoshow - I'll be doing a "Camaro Gathering" -- more details to follow - also details on www.camaro5.com

So lets all see what we can do to meet up there and have some fun.

If the weather looks ok I might have to take a drive when I get home tonight my poor car has not had a chance to go out and play for almost three weeks now.. Sad Face.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #1420
sheslc4
UTAH CAMAROS

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Send a message via ICQ to sheslc4 Send a message via Yahoo to sheslc4
Hi everyone. Sure is quiet around here....

Good Info Gem! I look forward to meeting him.
Pfadt - Lowering Springs
Pfadt - Sway Bar Endlinks
Magnaflow - 2.5" Street Series Axle-Back Exhaust
Airaid Cold Air Intake System
Elite Engineering - PCV Catch Can
sheslc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #1421
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminidreams View Post
Ok folks just got this pm from Fbodfather...

Saturday night - the 16th of January -- at the Salt Lake City autoshow - I'll be doing a "Camaro Gathering" -- more details to follow - also details on www.camaro5.com

So lets all see what we can do to meet up there and have some fun.
I'm in. Can't wait. Lightning has an itch.....
Old 12-16-2009, 05:52 AM   #1422
DDA_Skull

Drives: 88 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro
I'm going through withdrawls. Its been over a week, and i am so very close to just going out and driving, and then washing the salt off after. ha ha.

DDA_Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:13 AM   #1423
geminidreams

I know I couldn't stand it any longer the roads were pretty dry when I got home. I took her for a short spin over to Sheslc4's house then back home lol.. My son has a dentist apt this morning so I might even take her out to do that just depends on the how cold it is out and if it looks like snow or rain.

I really can't wait till spring just incase I haven't said that before lol ... have a good day everyone.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #1424
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Boy, you guys get away with murder. I took Lightning out one time... drove about 2 blocks... got the tires almost wet. SSOOCH was gonna beat me up, Slick1 threatened to have me put away.... I can't get no respekt....
Old 12-16-2009, 09:30 AM   #1425
SweetRide

Drives: 2LT RS Red Jewel of the West
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning View Post
Boy, you guys get away with murder. I took Lightning out one time... drove about 2 blocks... got the tires almost wet. SSOOCH was gonna beat me up, Slick1 threatened to have me put away.... I can't get no respekt....
Well then it's a good thing SSOOCH and Slick don't live near Ogden or they'd be KILLING me. I still drive Xena every day and will continue to do so. I'll take some pics when she gets several inches of snow on her.

Gem, as long as the weather isn't horrible that day I totally plan on going down there to see the "godfather of Camaros" at the auto show. Looking forward to more info.

The wife and I just got back from a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean and they had to literally take me off the boat kicking and screaming to send me back to the arctic tundra that is Utah. Even Miami was a spectacular 84 degrees and beautiful. Alas...stuck in Utah for probably another 2 years. Summer needs to hurry up so we can have more group Camaro adventures.

"Now life can finally begin"

SweetRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #1426
geminidreams

Wow Sweetride that sounds awesome glad you all had a great time in the Sun.. I can't think of the last time I went on an actual vacation .. Oh yeah I can March of 2002 I went to Hawaii..

That is sad isn't it? I was hoping to take a good one in 2010 but unless I can get some things paid off I will only be able to take a trip up to Wash state and down through Oregon etc. But at least it would be away from Utah and driving in my baby will be the best part of the trip.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #1427
lightning
Lightning & Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetRide View Post
The wife and I just got back from a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean and they had to literally take me off the boat kicking and screaming to send me back to the arctic tundra that is Utah. Even Miami was a spectacular 84 degrees and beautiful. Alas...stuck in Utah for probably another 2 years. Summer needs to hurry up so we can have more group Camaro adventures.
We went thru the Panama canal when it turned to year 2000. Awesome. I'm jealous you've been gone. But at least I got to go once in the winter. I didn't like stopping in Columbia though. There were machine gun armed army guys stationed all over at the "mall" for tourist security, and children begging for money everywhere you stepped. If you went in the jewelry store two or three gorgeous young women would come and take you by the arm, offer you a drink and "help" you pick out jewelery to buy. I suppose they worked on commission. The best part was the little islands like St. Thomas and Aruba.

I need to celebrate... I took my last final today. Yea.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:18 PM   #1428
Pearldrums

Speaking of vacations, I will be in Cancun the week the Auto expo is in town. So as much as I would like to be there and meet Fbodfather, 86 degree and free beer sound better. Make sure you guys post lots of pics though.. Then I can at least feel like I was there in spirit.